“Very nice hotel & staff....” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Low Rates from $89!
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
Mills River, North Carolina
“Very nice hotel & staff....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed only one night, had a jr. suite and it was very clean and comfortable, outfitted nicely. The pool and spa were very nice, well maintained and just the right temp. Overall this is one of the nicer Hilton Garden Inns we've stayed in. I would highly recommend this hotel for the weary traveler.

The staff was friendly and very helpful. I inadvertently forgot my Ipad in the breakfast room. I called the hotel from the road, they immediately located the Ipad and are shipping it to my home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We were so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our beds are the Garden Sleep System Bed and all of them are adjustable and allow you to set them at either a firm or soft setting.

As a hotel we are proud to provide some of the best service and ammenities in the Eden Prairie area. Thank you for your acknowledgement and we hope the next time you are in town you can stay for a few more days.

Colin Klipfel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Davenport, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We were only in Minneapolis for one night, but if I ever return, I will most definitely stay at this hotel. We were in town on July 4th and wanted to see fireworks. James, the front desk clerk, was extremely courteous and helpful. He found a close location and printed out the directions for us to get there. The rooms were wonderful and the beds very comfortable. The location is easily accessible to several of the major roadways, but the property is quiet. The pool area is nice and well taken care of. This was a great choice for our first trip to Minnesota!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We wanted to thank you for your business and also for the kind words you shared regarding your recent experience at our hotel.

We are so happy that you were pleased with both the customer service in th hotel and also the ammenities that we are able to provide. I will make sure that Jamie is commended for a job well done!

Take care and we hope you will be returning to our hotel very soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the HGI on the July 4 weekend on our way to upstate Minnesota. I was skeptical about this hotel since we mostly stay at full service hotels, e.g. Sheraton, Westin, Marriott. The HGI Eden Prarie exceeded our expectations and provided a great stay at a great value. We paid $90ish a night including breakfast. The rooms were spacious, clean with quality furniture, a microwave, refrigerator (awesome if you have kids), Neutragena toiletries and free internet - everything you would expect from a full service hotel. It annoys me when full service hotels nickle and dime you for internet access, bottle of water, etc when you are paying $200 a night. The HGI provided all that including a hot breakfast for around $90. We will surely considering HGIs for future stays.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We wanted to thank you for your business and were pleased to hear that you enjoyed all of the ammenities of our hotel .

We also appreciate the information you provided for potential guests that might consider us when their travels bring them to Eden Prairie.

Take care and we hope you will stay with us again very soon!

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of our roadtrip to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary. We were upgraded to a junior suite, which we appreciated very much. The room was very nice, clean and well maintained. It was a pleasure to stay in it. The front desk staff was very friendly and check-in went without a hitch. The breakfast staff was also very friendly but I specifically want to mention Johnny, one of the cooks. We've stayed at over 60 Hilton hotels in the US, Australia and Europe and without a single doubt, Johnny made the best omelet ever. The best way to start the day is with a good breakfast, well after eating an omelet from Johnny your day cannot get off to a better start.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Colin K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
We wanted to thank you for the generous comments you made about our hotel and staff and are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Your words of encouragement will be shared with Jonny and also with the rest of our staff. All of our team members takes great pride in their work and we are so glad that you noticed.

Take care and we hope you will spend all of your anniversaries with us!

Colin Klipfela
MD/WV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Hotel manager and staff went out of their way to help me get to my meeting on time when the shuttle service was late--including driving me themselves.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Colin K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, May 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to thank you for your business and also for the wonderful feedback you gave regarding your recent stay with us.

I am so happy that you were pleased with the service you received and want you to know that I will make sure that I share your comments with all of our staff.

We wish you well with all of your travels and hope to see you back in our hotel very soon!

Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I had stayed here multiple weeks over multiple months back in ’06 during a long-term consulting engagement in the area, and my experience was generally excellent at that time. Upon returning to the area this past year (and being a Hilton Honors Diamond status member and thus brand-loyal), with a more limited budget than before I first tried the Hampton Inns in both Eden Prairie and then in Shakopee, and in both cases after multiple stays those properties had enough shortcomings that I felt compelled to look for other options (please click on my profile and see my reviews of those properties here on TA). Although approaching the upper end of my travel budget, I contacted this Hilton Garden Inn again, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the General Manager from ’06 still has his position in ’12…a good sign that the property is still in good hands. We were able to work out a repeat-stay rate that I could make work for my budget, so I returned for multiple stays again.

I discovered that several other staff members from back in ’06 were also still on board and actually remembered me; it speaks well of a property (or any business nowadays) that key personnel stick around over a 6+ year period. My experience with the staff is that when minor issues arise they are always receptive and eager to help. This property still delivers an excellent experience for a repeat business traveler like myself, and I can also see where it would be an attractive option for the more casual traveler as well.

The rooms are well appointed, all include a mini-fridge and microwave, and have separate bed and “living” areas with separate TVs, and a desk, sofabed, and comfortable work chair in the living area. The beds are comfortable and include a firmness adjustment option. The climate control is thermostat-controlled and works well (and the one time I did have an issue with it, the maintenance engineer was on the case immediately and had it repaired (a faulty switch) within minutes). Housekeeping also does an excellent job (although on weekends sometimes they finish up a bit later in the day than I would consider ideal).

The workout facility has a couple of nice treadmills and an elliptical, plus a rack full of dumbbell free weights, and while I haven’t used the pool it looks nice enough and has gotten positive reviews in others’ write-ups here on TA. There’s a convenient 24-hour mini-shop in the lobby where one can pick up a snack and/or travel essentials. (There’s also a full convenience store (SuperAmerica) within walking distance of the property.) The property also has a guest laundry room with coin-op washer and dryer…definitely appreciated when a business trip unexpectedly gets extended a few extra days.

Unless you have it available as a HH Diamond status perk, the excellent restaurant does not offer a free breakfast a la Hampton-branded properties, but it does offer cooked-to-order options as well as a buffet of other good breakfast foods (all of generally better quality than the free offerings at Hamptons), including fresh (not canned) fruit. The restaurant staff is friendly and attentive, and the weekday grill cook is outstanding (as well as a heckuva nice guy). They also open promptly at 6AM every day. (This seems obvious but I’ve stayed at numerous other properties where the morning staff slacks and opening time slips to 6:10 or later…so this team’s promptness matters to early-starting business travelers like myself.)

I have a couple of very minor issues that prevent a 5-star rating:

This property is 12 years old and regularly experiences full occupancy, and so between the age and heavy usage the plumbing fixtures are starting to show their age and wear a bit – little things like the shower heads, commodes, faucets, and sink stoppers don’t always work optimally and are probably due for a property-wide overhaul (but again, when I’ve had minor issues they have always been addressed by the staff promptly and properly…and more importantly, the hot and cold water DO work consistently properly and with good water pressure.)

This property also has a pet peeve of mine that many (but not all) properties of all brands have: When you turn on the TVs, they default to the hotel “entertainment options” menu, and not to actual TV channels. It takes several pushes of the remote control to (a) figure out what menu item to select, (b) navigate to the correct option on the screen to switch from “entertainment options” to TV, and then (c) find the desired channel. If I were only staying one time this wouldn’t be a big deal, but as a frequent/repeat guest this gets really old in a hurry.

Still, as indicated and in contrast to the show-stopper issues I had at other Hilton-brand properties in the area (in addition to EP and Shakopee I referenced, I have also stayed at Hamptons in both Bloomington and Minnetonka, and was also unimpressed with those as well), the above issues here are indeed minor and do not prevent me from offering my strong recommendation that this is indeed the best Hilton-brand property in the Eden Prairie/SW Metro area. The minor nits I have would drop my rating only half-a-star to 4.5 if TA would allow that, but since it won’t, a 4-out-of-5 it is. If you stay here more than just a few days or a single stay, seek out Colin, the General Manager, and get to know him; he’s “good people” and has a real and genuine interest in making sure guests are satisfied and share positive word of mouth…there’s a reason he (and many of his team members) have been here 6+ years, and it shows.

Room Tip: Upon check-in, ask the front desk staff to show you a property map and avoid rooms near noise source...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Colin K, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to thank you for the time you took to fairly assess our property. Your kind words were very generous and I know the detail you put into the review will be very beneficial to future guests that stay with us.

We appreciate your loyalty not only to our hotel, but also to the other Hiltons that are within our family of brands. Take care and we look forward to your next hotel stay!

minneapolis/saint paul
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I'm in the hotel right now. The front desk staff was nice and professional. The sound insulation is terrible, and I know this because I heard the couple next door receive the note saying other people can hear them. They have cookies in the lobby, the pool area is small but functional, but this sound insulation thing is a problem. I hear everyone getting off the elevators, even though I'm not so close, I think you get the point. Room for improvement on the sound issue.

Room Tip: I hear Americinn's that are newer have better sound insulation. I'm a big fan of sleep.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to apologize for the excessive noise you experienced during your hotel stay. We are a wood framed building and unfortunately there will be instances when you can hear some of the hallway noise as well as your neighbors noise.

Depending on how sensitive you are to noise, we would be more than happy to place you on the top floor of the hotel to help with this issue.

We are so happy that you enjoyed our service and our complimentary cookies. We hope you will consider us for future stays and I can assure you we will be certain to find you a room that will work for you.

Colin Klipfel

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis Eden Prairie? Share your experiences!