“Clean and modern hotel with postage stamp pool” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Clean and modern hotel with postage stamp pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We stayed at this hotel when we took our kids to Valley Fair. The check in desk staff and other staff members were very friendly. The room was clean with two queen beds, a couch, and a refrigerator. The room was a little crowded, but it worked for us. They provide a very nice breakfast and we thought it was a good value.

The amenities in the hotel are clearly sized for a hotel with fewer rooms. I would not suggest this hotel if you are looking for a place with a nice pool for the kids. The pool is very, very small. Our kids used it for a little while after Valley Fair so it was fine for that. The breakfast offerings were very nice. However, the location for the breakfast was extremely cramped and it was very difficult to get to the breakfast. Also, the seating area is very small. Luckily they opened a conference room where people could sit down and eat. Otherwise it would have been impossible to find a place to eat. Overall, I would stay here again when going to Valley Fair, but not if we planned on spending much time at the pool with the kids.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

We travelled to Minneapolis for the renaissance festival and the Springhill suites had a renaissance package.

The hotel is located close to the edin prairie mall, has a cub grocery store next door and shares a parking lot with a sushi/hibachi restaurant.

The room was clean, staff we're great and rates were reasonable.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Springhill Suites is a freshly remodelled, clean hotel with good facilities and in a great location, but it is the staff that make it a really special place to stay.
I am a regular buisness traveller from the UK to the Twin Cities area and have used the hotel many times over the last 5 years. I keep returning to the Eden Prairie Springhill because I have been made to feel exceptionally welcome by every member of the hotel staff, from my first visit in 2008 and on every single visit since. The efforts that the staff have gone to have made the Marriott Springhill a home-from-home for me. So much so that on my latest trip from the UK I brought my family too!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Madison, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My stay at the SpringHill Suites was a good one. The front desk staff were courteous and efficient, and it took me only moments to get checked in and on my way to my room. It appears that they are kind of in the middle of remodeling the hotel - not that there's construction going on, but the lobby area is new and chic looking, but the rooms are a little dated. That being said, the rooms were amongst the cleanest that I have stayed in. The whole room, including the linens and bathroom smelled fresh and clean - not heavily of cleaning products and disinfectant, but actually clean. It's almost like they opened the windows and let the rooms air out between guests. I'm not sure what they do, but they should definitely keep doing it.

The other thing this hotel had going for it was it was quiet. Considering it's proximity to a major highway, I got a good nights sleep and don't think I heard a single door shut, voices in the hall or any of the noises typical to a stay in a hotel. I'll give the bed a B+, the linens were clean and soft, but the bed was a bit on the firm side for my personal tastes. All in all, a good value in comparison to other places I've stayed in the area.

Room Tip: I went with an upper floor room. I generally find that high floor rooms have less noise from people...
Green Features: Like many hotels these days, they offer the "make the bed with the same sheets" and reuse the towels options. Since my stay was for a single night, this really didn't apply to me.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Best value for the buck. Accommodating and courteous staff. Large, clean rooms. Good area: restaurants, retail stores, grocery store, etc. walking distance.

We had to check in at 1:30 AM due to Spriit Airlines typical flight delays. (By the way, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, FLY SPIRIT AIRLINES!!!! We could give all the gory details, but not appropriate for this review. JUST DON'T FLY SPIRIT.....EVERRRR!) Staff were very welcoming, and our Double Queen Bed Suite was perfect. Thanks, you Eden Prairie Riders!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This hotel is located in a good location. Its about a 15 min drive to Mall of America and 30 min to downtown. The rooms are clean and the staff was nice. There are food and shopping options nearby. We would stay here again

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Brandon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed here while passing through, its a little out of the way, as we wanted to hit the mall of america and a ball game at target field.

staff: check in and out was very good, staff was very nice and courteous.

Room: although a little dated, the room was in good shape and clean. We were on the second floor and it was a little noisy as there is an outside patio right outside our room.

Breakfast, was very good, and the area was busy, as there were several sports teams staying at the hotel.

Overall it was a good stay, a little out of the way if your planning on going the the MOA or downtown, you have to drive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Springhill-EP, General Manager at Springhill Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Thanks for your valuable feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to share your review. There are plenty of Marriott properties surrounding the Mall of America and the Light Rail transit system will take you right into downtown Minneapolis from the mall so please keep that in mind next time you visit Minneapolis! Regards, Mike LaLonde - GM.

Been to Springhill Suites Minneapolis Eden Prairie? Share your experiences!