You added Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Eden Prairie - Technology Drive to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Eden Prairie - Technology Drive
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   11905 Technology Drive, Eden Prairie, MN 55344 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Interrogation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

When checking in, the hotel manager asked a ton of odd questions: Why I was staying there?, Did I just get off work? Where was I from? Not chit chat, but more like an interrogation. I go down later to the front desk and the guy behind the counter starts to ask the same kind of questions: Did I just get off work? Where do I work? What do I do there?
I thought I was just checking into a hotel, I didn't know that I would have to be question by homeland security. I'm surprised I wasn't asked for fingerprints and a criminal background check.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Eden Prairie - Technology Drive, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide friendly service to all of our guests, which is why your review is so troubling. Please accept my sincere apologies.

Upon check-in, company procedure is to welcome the guest and make them feel like they are arriving to a "home away from home". Sometimes this can include questions about a guests day, what brings them to the hotel or even about their work. I do apologize if you found it to be a bit intrusive and will speak to the staff about your feedback.

It's uncommon that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pune
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is a good place for the price you pay ( Company negotiated). The check in was easy and quick. The room was large enough for a single occupant. It has all things necessary - bed, chair, stool, table, chair and complete kitchen. Stacks of towels, soaps, everything clean and fresh. There is enough place to place your bags and closet to line up your clothes and other items. Iron+board is standard in room amenity.

Free Wi FI is a big plus!

The cleaning is done once a week if you stay for a week. You have to buy extra cleaning visits!
Laundry is available. Coffee, tea (was not available - they ran out of tea bags!!!), is on the house but at particular times.

The only issue with this place is that breakfast is not close by though this year - there was a I-Hop in the same compound.

Other provisions are within a mile or two - but if do not have transport it feels like many miles!

I am tempted to give it a good rating to this place, Unforutantely here you either rate it as average or very good!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write about your experience at our hotel. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to finally do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Normal, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

The Check in experience:
After a 6 hour drive, I wait at front desk because the clerk has stepped away. I get poked from the back with someone with a wet umbrella and it is the elusive clerk. He is on the phone. Says 'Bring your [--] in man". I am flabbergasted. I go "Listen, I am not your beer buddy, you don't talk to me that way. I'm a guest of yours, you talk to me with respect. Do we understand each other?". He shuts up for the remainder, but is rude to me for the rest of the "check in experience". Did he think he worked at a place of business or a beer joint?

Following night, my car gets keyed in a well lit parking lot. Why would someone key a car from out of town in the middle of a well lit public area? Was promised the manager will call. Still waiting for that callback.

Rooms:
Foul smelling rooms and common areas, one of the rooms was missing an entire closet door.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Eden Prairie - Technology Drive, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Minneapolis - Eden Prairie. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Our hotel prides itself on exceptional customer service. We know that you have many lodging choices in our area, so we see it as our duty to go the extra mile however we can. Not only is this my personal belief, but it is a guiding principle at our hotel. I have, therefore, reviewed your concerns with those associates involved in this matter and taken proper action thus ensure issues as such do not occur again to any other guest.

Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is not a fancy hotel, but the staff is excellent. The hotel is clean and in a great neighborhood. Not a very far distance from Minneapolis. We did not use the kitchen area provided, but it would work nice for someone who wanted to eat more or fix food in their room. We only stayed two nights, so you do not have to stay for an extended stay. We will definately be going back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Eden Prairie - Technology Drive, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Didn't even stay! We checked in, went to the room, went back down to desk to decline room, and no one was available. Room was dirty, beds looked like they were 30 years old. The smell in the room was horrible.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at our hotel. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case and that you chose not to stay with us is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Please understand that maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. I apologize if the room did not meet your expectations and there was a lingering smell of smoke. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Do not stay here. Look elsewhere. I arrived and attempted to check in, the staff didn't greet me nor made eye contact through out my check-in. They could not locate reservation and didn't even fufill my reservation with Hotels.com. I paid for a king, but was squeezed into a queen. Walking down the hallway, I found myself gagging at an awful stench. I was glad to get into the stairwell only to find that it was poorly lit, and filthy. My room smelt like smoke, although it was a "non-smoking" room. The bedspread was filthy. The sheets were irritating. The office chair was disgusting - many spots of hardened and crusted food. The applicances were inoberable and literally dirty. I was afraid to use the bathroom. Thankfully, I found a fair amount of towels, but I am uncertain to wether the washcloths were clean - they appeared be to dirty. I called the "front desk" to ask about check-out and the staff was once more rude and inconsiderate. The staff was always too busy to serve their guests. I am very thankful that I was only staying for one night. I highly encourage others to stay elsewhere, even if the cost is slightly higher. I will most likely never stay at another Homestead or even an Extended Stay. I very dissatisfied and would like a refund.

• Stayed July 2012

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. As well, new towels are placed in each room for guests to enjoy; all cleaned prior to doing so. Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

As well, I am sorry to hear that you feel your room did not have a clean smell. With each cleaning, the staff ensures that the room smells just as good as it looks. Knowing it was not up to your expectations is very saddening, and I have spoken with our housekeeping staff to ensure this type of situation does not happen again with another guest. The entire team has also spent time reviewing corporate standards for professionalism and accountability.

Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. If you feel you would still like a refund, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. We can speak to you further and find a solution. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
KC MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

The location is just off the highway but there was NO highway noise. The rooms on the back side of the hotel have a great view of a lake and trees. Beats the rooms on the front side with parking lot and street view.

The room was clean, large King Studio and the staff very friendly.

Only one negative there were no plates, cups , glasses, coffee cups. They had a full hotel and were running a little behind cleaning rooms, since I was only staying one night and don't drink coffee it bother me. But check to make sure you have what need when you arrive. This may not be typical. Absolutely would stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor with even numbers face the lake
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Been to Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Eden Prairie - Technology Drive? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Eden Prairie - Technology Drive

Address: 11905 Technology Drive, Eden Prairie, MN 55344 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Minnesota > Eden Prairie
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Eden Prairie
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Eden Prairie - Technology Drive 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Eden Prairie - Technology Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Eden Prairie - Technology Drive, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.