“No frills? OLD SPILLS. Roomy? No, GLOOMY.” 1 of 5 stars

You added East Grand Inn to your Saves list
East Grand Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   606 Gateway Drive NE, East Grand Forks, MN 56721   |
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“No frills? OLD SPILLS. Roomy? No, GLOOMY.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

After reading the positive reviews I thought, "why not?". The price is unbeatable... BUT you get what you pay for.
This motel is... gross. When I first stepped foot at the East Grand Inn, the cigarette smoke smell is the first thing I noticed. I don't believe the rooms are actually "non-smoking" as cigarette smoke wafted through the hallways. When I checked-in, the man at the desk was in the office, talking on his cell phone. I peeked around the desk to get his attention. I got my keys and headed to the entrance on the side of the motel. The room key opens both the room door and the outside entrance - however that "security" door latch was broken, so anyone could get inside the motel! Dangerous! I got into my room... here goes:
-Hair on the toilet seat
-Bent drapery rod, as if someone hung from the middle of it
-Soiled mattresses! The boxspring had old stains running down the sides
-Dirty bed sheet and pillowcase (small, questionable stains)
-Lamp on table didn't work
-One light over the bed didn't work, light switch was broken. I had to turn the lightbulb to turn it on and off
-Something sticky on bedside table from previous renter
-Musty cigarette smoke smell in "Non-smoking room"
-Chairs were old & stained (There were stains on literally EVERYTHING in the room.)
After an uncomfortable nights sleep (to say the least), I got up for the free breakfast. The breakfast that is served in the morning is a bag of bagels & a bag of english muffins and coffee. After seeing the quality of the room, this breakfast was actually more than I expected.
After a two night stay, I checked out early. I had to interrupt the front desk person, who was lounging on the the couch in the lobby area, watching t.v., to do so.
I was SO happy to leave. This is the worst quality motel/hotel I have ever stayed in. Needless to say, I won't be back.

Would I recommend this hotel to a friend? NO NO NO!!!
I wouldn't recommend this hotel to ANYONE.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Manitoba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

We stay in this motel every time we come to Grand Forks. Breakfast used to offer fruit, didn't see that last time, but for the most part we are always pleased to stay here...... Look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2009

Good place to stay and easy to find, close to McDonald's, and great rates. Friendly staff and good customer service. Good breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Saskatoon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2009

Thank you for a great night at the east grand Inn , I was very pleased with our room. It was clean , the beds were firm and comfortable, the shower was great ,
My husband and I stayed in various places along our trip , and I cant even begin to tell you some of the nightmare rooms we encountered.. thank you for providing us with the comfort and clean room and great price with a breakfast. I will highly recommend this place to anyone and will most definetley stay there again. my rating would be a 5 star for sure.. thanks again

mr and mrs Gail Mount
321 Fisher Crescent
Saskatoon S.K.
S7L5E1

• Stayed September 2009
Winnipeg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

Free Continetal breakfast was very slim - your choices were white bread, white bagels, coffee/sunny D and jam/peanutbutter. Foyer, hallway, sheets smelled like smoke. Not great when you have a non smoking room. Might as well sleep in smoking room. Beds were not great - not very supportive. Place was not well maintained - toilet leaked. First room they put us in the toilet barely flushed and tv didn't work.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
St. Paul, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2008

Nice, quiet, no stray people wondering around. Off the highway in a quiet area by a bowling alley with food. Nice staff, very friendly. Bed was big and soft with nice smelling pressed sheets. Very good place to stay for basic overnighter. No mold smell anywhere. Breakfast was skimpy as stated in other review.

• Liked — quiet
  • Disliked — no extras
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
grand forks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2008

very nice hotel with good price in grand forks area and east grand forks. nice and friendly staff

• Stayed May 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to East Grand Inn? Share your experiences!