“Great food, good service & nice atmosphere.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great food, good service & nice atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We each ordered something different. It was all delicious. Our waitress made excellent recommendations. Half price bottle of wine was an added bonus.

• Visited September 2013

Winnipeg, Canada
“Good Italian Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Found Mamma Marias for a nice meal out during a recent shopping trip. Meal for 2 of us including drinks was less then $50. Portions were huge, couldn't finish it all, waitress was great and brushetta was very good - nice and garlicky and tasty.

Visited June 2013
Grand Forks
“Delicious food and great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This restaurant is a little tucked away, so it doesn't always come to mind. However, every time I've visited, I've been treated to wonderful food and atmosphere--at really reasonable prices! This is a somewhat typical Italian menu, but it comes without the chain store feel/taste. The result is a very quiet/peaceful place to eat, the food is tremendous, and the value is really good.

My favorite thing to get is the calzone. I've had it a few times, and it's gigantic! They stuff it so full of "toppings" every bite is scrumptious. In addition, the service is really excellent. Even with a short staff the last time we visited, the waitresses were efficient and checked in frequently.

If you'd like a good Italian meal at a reasonable price (without going to a chain restaurant), this is highly recommended! And if you're looking for something a little bit romantic, this is your place!

• Visited May 2013
Devils Lake, North Dakota, United States
“Somewhat insulted!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I came her during noon hour on Tuesday March 19th. Our waiter had no clue how to poor a drink that was on the menu and totally burnt my husbands drink. I order a drink as well and he made some type of comment about enjoy your booze when he brought us our drinks. He had no clue about the menu either. We asked him if the spinach and artichoke dip was any good. His response was I have no idea. Our food was okay. I had a caesar salad with my meal and the lettuce was starting to turn. Gross! I had the shrimp fra diavolo. It was okay. I would have preferred that they have taken the tails off the shrimp. It would have made it a little easier to eat. When our food came and it was hot which was good. The only reason we went to mamma maria's is because we had a gift certificate. I have friends that really brag this place up. But from what we could see I don't know why. Yes the food was hot and good. But there were several times during our visit I was questioning our waiter and his lack of customer service let alone his knowledge of the menu. My recommendation would be to make sure the wait staff know the food menu and bar menu. As someone who used to wait tables I was very unimpressed with our waiter. Also wait staff that make comments about the customers drink selections is very rude. When I was in college and waited tables if we said something to that affect we would have been terminated immediately. I was very disappointed with our visit. I feel bad our friend wasted money on a gift card for that crappy of service.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Can't believe I've never eaten here until now!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I spend a lot of time in the Grand Forks area and eat at many restaurants. I have always wanted to try Mamma Maria's but just always stuck to the favorites. On a date night with my husband we finally decided to try it and it was worth the wait! The food, atmosphere, and service were amazing! This now ranks up there as one of my top five restaurants. You must try it!