“Clean & quiet, and breakfast was great!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book and save 15%
Ranked #3 of 15 hotels in Eagan
Blair, WI
“Clean & quiet, and breakfast was great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

When we made our 1-night reservation, we requested a fridge and microwave and a rollaway bed. All 3 items were waiting for us when we arrived. The room was clean and all of the bedding was white, so I had no worries about clean sheets or bedding. The only choice of rooms was for a king bed or two doubles, I don't know if this hotel has no queen rooms or what, and we went with a king. The room layout was fine, all of the finishes are modern and pleasing. The mattress was super-comfortable. The pool and hot tub were clean and had lots of seating for non-swimming guests. Lots of towels, too. One of the reasons I booked this hotel was because the pool had steps on one end, so our 4-year-old could have fun in the pool, too. The breakfast selection was huge, everything from cheese omelets to waffles, french toast sticks, turkey sausages, cereal, donuts, pound cake, muffins & Danish, fruit, boiled eggs -- something for everyone. My only complaint, and this is just a personal preference, is that the beds had duvets instead of blankets. With blankets, you can choose how many layers you want to sleep under. With a duvet, either it's on or it's off -- yes, I know they're the modern way to go, but I was either to warm or too chilly. But the pillows and mattress were great, and the place was very full but extremely quiet. The heavy room doors did NOT clank shut, like they do in so many hotels.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

249 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

We stayed here after our wedding at Eagan Community Center. I called ahead and spoke with them about their shuttle service and asked if we could get shuttle service after the reception. They gladly stated they would shuttle us that night up to 1AM eventhough the shuttle usually only runs until midnight. They called me in advance to confirm our reservations and the extended shuttle time. They came at 12:45 AM when we called them and took us to Joe Sensors which is right next door. The whole bridal party was able to relax until 2AM and talk about our day. We walked over to the hotel and when we arrived they upgraded our room to the suite with a whirlpool and gave us a room for gift opening the next day! The room was clean and the jets in the whirlpool were great! So relaxing and romantic after such a long day! The kids enjoyed the pool the next day and the breakfast was delicious and there were lots of items to choose from.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Joplin, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

The Hampton Inn in Eagan Minneosta is the best Hampton I have ever stayed at. They have the friendliest and most helpful staff of any hotel I have ever been at. I can't say enough good things about them. Gerry Goldfarb does a great job with this hotel and all the staff that work there....van drivers....breakfast staff...front desk...I could go on and on. I stay there often and they are always great to me.

Thanks to everyone at the Hampton Inn Eagan Minneosta for always making sure I have a great stay!! :)

Michele Workman

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2010

I am in the Twin Cities often. I always end each trip in Eagan at the Hampton Inn. I am very particular. I am NEVER disappointed! The staff is very nice and helpful. Misty went above and beyond for us last week.

Cumberland, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

I would rate this Hampton Inn as just okay. We were traveling with our 10 year old grandson so we had two beds that I thought would have been queens but seemed more like doubles. Anyway - basic hotel, service was good. We've stayed in better Hampton Inns but this one was fine for what we needed. Good location for what we needed.

South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

Hotel was recently updated, nice decor, breakfast was good, would have been nice to have a microwave and fridge in the room. Good location a few minutes from the airport and Mall of America. Overall a very nice hotel and great value. I'll stay there again.

Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

Our youngest son was home on a brief R&R from Afghanistan, and all the Nebraska relatives (11 of us) went to Eagan to visit him & his family. 8 of our party stayed at the Hampton Inn in Eagan, MN, Thursday through Sunday. The front desk crew, both evening and early morning, were wonderful to us. My 83 y/o mother is very short & had a difficult time getting into the high bed so (I wish I had written down names!!) the woman at the front desk found a step stool for Mom to use. Our son forgot to bring an extra diaper for the baby after swimming, and the same desk clerk found us one! She was wonderful. When we checked in Thursday evening, the gentleman at the front desk was dealing with ringing phones & a line of waiting people. He had us all laughing & having a great time -- no stress anywhere!

I had used HHonors points Thursday for me, my husband & our 2 moms (both in their 80s). Another son had reserved 2 rooms for all of us (including his family of 4) for Friday & Saturday nights. I wanted to pay for everything before he arrived Friday, and the desk clerk took care of it for me so smoothly. Once again, the clerks made it a seamless stay so after our Points night was over we didn't have to move our Moms into different rooms to accommodate our son's reservation for us. Sounds complicated, or at least it did to me & my husband, but their staff made it so easy.

We'd highly recommend this hotel as friendly, great food, comfortable, quiet rooms. And it was close to Mall of America, so we all spent a day there as well.

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Minneapolis / Eagan? Share your experiences!