“Great place! Close to airport/mall/restaurants” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport / Eagan

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport / Eagan to your Saves list
Residence Inn Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport / Eagan
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3040 Eagandale Place, Eagan, MN 55121   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 15 hotels in Eagan
South Bend, Indiana
“Great place! Close to airport/mall/restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

We stayed here for 5 days during the 'Winter Carnival'. Too bad it was warm and raining...not the usual Minnesota weather. The hotel was close to the airport, just off the highway and easy to get around in the area. Room was well appointed with everything we needed. I agree with previous posts that the bathroom was small, but the sink and vanity area was large and made up for the small toilet/tub room. We had an upstairs unit in a building next to the check-in/breakfast building. This was our choice - we were given the option of a few other units when checking in. We didn't mind the stairs and it made it very easy to walk over for breakfast. Breakfast was great - one of the best we have had at a hotel. We were never around for the evening snacks. It was nice to have a menu of what would be offered each morning/evening too! Staff were very friendly and helpful. The only drawback was that the free wi-fi in the units was not high-speed. It was fine to read emails, but not for much else. You could pay for faster internet if you wanted. It was nice to have the kitchen and couch area for when our son and his girlfriend came to visit. We had space to enjoy snacks and play some boardgames too.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2009

We stay here twice a year. We have never ever been charged accurately. This last visit was the last straw. Not only were we not charged accurately, but when we called to rectify it, we were given the run around. We were told 3 times that it was all taken care of. It wasn't. When I spoke to the manager, he was rude and also gave me the run around, claiming he had to call the bank -- rather than just crediting our account for what was due us.

The food is great fro breakfast, the cleaning staff is awesome, the rooms are nice, but we will never stay here again. It is the worst customer service I have ever experienced in a place to stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
smithkatie, Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport / Eagan, responded to this review, January 22, 2010
Guest used debit card to check-in and later wanted to change to credit card. As with most hotels you need a form of payment to check-in and they used their debit card. Debit cards get charged right away whereas credit cards are only an authorization. Some debit cards will allow the hotel to call the bank and release the charge immediately which is why our GM called to try and help this guest. Unfortunately the bank wasn't able to release their charge for 7 days. The GM was on the phone with the guest, bank, and Marriott Guest Service representative trying to help.
minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2009

From the moment that I checked in to time that I checked out the staff went out of their way to help me out! What a staff!!! The Older guy who checked us in was so funny, warm and friendly. The person who checked me out was outsanding! I just wish I had there names.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

This place is great.
When we arrived, it was over 90 degrees outside. Before we even told the desk clerk who we were, we were handed popsicles to cool off. Nice touch.
The hotel is set up similar to a resort. There is a main building with the lobby, breakfast area, business center, etc. The rooms are located in various separate buildings arranged in a sqaure surrounding the pool and BBQ area. It is laid out very nicely.
The rooms were beautiful, and well worth the not so expensive rate. Breakfast was hot and excellent.
I can't say enough about this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Middletown, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

This was the last place we stayed in during out trip and my only regret is that we didn't have more time. The room was outstanding as was the whole staff. I've never met a more professional staff. By all means, make this your next place to stay if you are in the area.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

This Residence Inn looks and feels like an apartment complex. The rooms are basically units in a four-plex, with several buildings surrounding the main office and the outdoor pool. A June stay was great. A January stay, perhaps not so much. The pool is on the small side, but it was well-kept with plentiful towels.

The staff were all very friendly. The rooms were clean, though, as one reviewer noted, it's annoying to have the light switch for the relatively small toilet and tub area on the outside of that small room.

The breakfast was great and well stocked. The staff kept the area clean. I didn't mind walking outside to breakfast on a sunny June day, but a cold spring or winter day, again, not so much.

The location is not perfect. Near the airport with some but not bad airplane noise. The area is not exaclty scenic. But it;s relatively convenient to the Mall fo America and downtown St. Paul.

All in all, a pretty good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

Rooms were very clean, nice size, friendly front desk staff my anger started days later. My bank account was overdrafted and I discovered the charges were from the hotel. When I called to question the charges the assistant manager told me I was charged because I smoked in my room. I told him that was not true, don't smoke and after check in we went to the party and actually did not arrive back to the hotel until around 3am,went right to bed, woke up and left. I demanded my money back and he told me again very rudely that it was the hotels policy. I told him again I did not break any policy and wanted proof. This is what get's me he said they had pic's of me in the room smoking, #1 i knew I would not be in any pic in the room smoking but what about the privacy issue? The gen manager did refund my "smoking fee"but no overdraft fees. He promised a call back w/an explaination, never recieved a call. Recieved an email comment card told the whole situation, still no explaination of the situation. I used to always stay w/this chain and 1 of the reasons is the no smoking policy, kinda ironic huh?

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
There are no video camera's in any rooms. This guest was told that we took pictures as evidence of smoking in the room - these pictures were of the bowl she used as an ashtray and the cig butts. Marriott is 100% smoke free environment with a $250 fine if caught smoking in the room.

Been to Residence Inn Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport / Eagan? Share your experiences!