“If you need a great place to stay in the Twin Cities” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport / Eagan

You added Residence Inn Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport / Eagan to your Saves list
Residence Inn Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport / Eagan
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3040 Eagandale Place, Eagan, MN 55121   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Premium Shopping Package
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Eagan
Pierre, South Dakota
“If you need a great place to stay in the Twin Cities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

This property with it excellent staff is great little place to hideout. I thought it close proximity to the airport would keep we awake. I was suprise as to it quietiest in the City. Great staff too. I plan to be back later.

Steve

Room Tip: stay on the first floor it quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Lindsay O, Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport / Eagan, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property Steve W. We are beyond happy that you had such a terrific experience and we cannot wait until your next visit! Please feel free to contact us at any time so we can assist in making your accommodations.
Lindsay Olson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I was in MN for business. My assistant and I had the pleasure of staying at the residence inn last night. I booked the 2 bedroom suite and it was bigger than my condo in chicago. The beds were comfy and the surroundings were quiet. We all had a perfect night's sleep.

The staff was exceptional. Many thanks to David Laukkonen, the general manager, who went out of his way to accomodate our needs.

We will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
LisaJere,
Thank you for your 5 star TripAdvisor review of our property! We are thrilled you had such a great experience and we hope you are able to return to our property again in the future. We can assure you that your next experience will be just as fabulous, if not even better than this time!
Thank you again for your kind words.
Best Wishes,
Menomonie, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is a very unique hotel. The rooms have a lot of space. We arrived late and left early so we didn't get to explore much of the hotel or the surrounding area. We found our room very clean. The interior is a bit outdated. The staff was great. The highlight was the shuttle. It is a great shuttle (easy to get in and lots of room) and the timing was perfect. I would definitely stay again. My only concern was that I booked my stay after reviewing their website about free parking and free shuttle to Msp. I called a few days before our arrival when I noticed we needed a reservation for the shuttle only to learn that the rate would be double because we didn't book the park and fly package. It no longer felt like complimentary shuttle and parking.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Lindsay O, Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport / Eagan, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your experience on TripAdvisor MenomonieTraveler. I am happy to see you enjoyed your spacious, clean guest room and were able to utilize our shuttle service. The complimentary shuttle for airport service and to leave your vehicle on property during your absence is only available when booking our 'Park and Fly' package. This allows us to regulate the amount of vehicles we have on property during periods of time, to ensure all of our guests have a place to park on site. I apologize that this created a disturbance in your planning but I hope ultimately your experience overcame it.
We invite you back anytime.
Warm Regards,
Assistant General Manager
Fargo,ND
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Price was good but you get what you pay for. Cobwebs in the loft room. Overall dirty. Carpets stained, furniture all chipped up. Long, long walk down rickety railing to breakfeast (didn't even both taking the long slog to breakfeast). Front desk did bait and switch with the room so didn't even get the room we reserved. Would not recommend. Not up to Marriott standards.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
David L, General Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport / Eagan, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the entire staff that we did not meet your expectations during your recent visit to the Twin Cities. We pride ourselves on cleanliness at our property and after reading your comments, we have addressed the issues you've mentioned with the appropriate staff to ensure this isn't the case moving forward. When you find it convenient, I appreciate if you would contact me to discuss the issue with your room being switched, so that I can determine what occurred, as we feel we are completely honest with all of our guest's and never intend to mislead anyone.
iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Let me just start by saying we have not stayed here yet. We are scheduled to arrive at this property mid March. My problem however began with booking a sleep and fly package. I called to make the reservation. The lady was very nice I inquired about the sleep and fly package and told her I was concerned because our return flight does not arrive until 11:44 pm and their website states shuttle runs until midnight. She put me on hold not once but twice while she confirmed with the front desk about the shuttle. She reassured me that the shuttle ran 22 hours a day, the exception being from 2-4am. Alls good right, I reserve the room. Well a couple days later I receive an email asking about our shuttle times because the hotel is vey busy. I am then told that the shuttle doesn't run past midnight. I realize mistakes happen. But they proceeded to tell me I didn't make the reservations directly with the hotel. I'm not sure who I made the reservation with I got the 651 number off of their website, and when I called they answered the phone by saying residence inn and put me through to reservations, if it was not a direct call wouldn't I have been asked about what hotel I wanted to reserve? My point is make sure to verify all aspects of your reservation if you are booking sleep and fly, it seems some employees are misinformed. In the hotels defense Kristi went out of her way to check other hotels that had 24 hour shuttles for us, which was very kind. We have decided to keep our reservation and pay additional for a taxi back to our car, because the other hotels didn't fit our needed accommodations. I gave the hotel 2 stars for now because I feel like they are trying to blame me for their mistake. I will do a review again after our stay. Just wanted to advise people so that they can avoid this headache and additional cost.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Alex D, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport / Eagan, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. Unfortunately, since our van is complimentary, it is difficult to run the van 24 hours a day, and it does not run from about 12-4 am. We are in the process of trying to accommodate the guests with the later arrival time by changing the shift time to a half an hour later so the shuttle will have the ability to pick up until 12:30 am. That being said, when you do arrive back at the airport, try to give us a call to see if the van driver has the ability to stay a little bit later to pick your party up and then you can avoid the cost of a taxi. As for the reservation, we are required to transfer all reservation inquiries to a reservation hotline for all Residence Inn's. It is a new policy and we are working with them to make sure that they information they provide for our specific hotel is correct. We hope that your experience with us improves upon your arrival and that we can do everything in our power to make your experience a great one!
Marshall, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We recently stayed here for 1 evening before our flight and will definitely come back again! The suite was spacious and clean, the bed was comfortable and the shower was hot! The breakfast in the lobby had a nice selection of both hot and cold items. We took the hotel shuttle to the airport - on time, friendly and safe driver. Once we landed, we called the hotel and they came to pick us up at the airport and brought us back to our vehicle - the driver even waited to make sure our vehicle started and helped load/unload our luggage. The Lone Oak Grill is next door and was great for supper!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review of our property! We are so glad that you enjoyed your park and fly room, which includes free parking for up to 10 days, a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport that runs 20 hours a day, and the hot breakfast that we serve every morning. For our park and fly's, we hope that we are a great start to a great vacation! We look forward to seeing you again in the future and accommodating your vehicle in the cold while you are out enjoying the sun!
butternut wi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Out of all fairness the area had a horrible snow storm. However we were there for 2 days prior to our before our flight on a park and fly. No place to park, nothing shoveled or plowed. Asked staff Friday afternoon if they were going to plow, answer without a doubt. Next morning no plowing done. Asked staff again and gentleman at the desk begrudgingly got off of his chair to come to the counter and then stated oh yeah it will get done. Next day nothing again, now my car is stuck in the snow and I have to use one of their shovels to dig it out. Parked car in spot with 8 inches of snow, best available. Room and breakfast were fine. One staff member did call the General Manager and told me they would do their best. Shuttle was on time but you need to make a reservation or you could have to wait for the next one.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Alex D, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport / Eagan, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Michael,

I understand how frustrating this must have been and I am so sorry to hear that your experience with us was not a good one. As you noted, the snow storm was a rough one and unfortunately our snow blowers were not up to the task. We hope that next time you visit us, we can make your experience more memorable, in a positive way.

Been to Residence Inn Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport / Eagan? Share your experiences!