“Friendly and Convenient Residence Inn near MSP Airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport / Eagan

You added Residence Inn Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport / Eagan to your Saves list
Residence Inn Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport / Eagan
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3040 Eagandale Place, Eagan, MN 55121   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Park and Fly
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Eagan
Huntington Beach, CA
“Friendly and Convenient Residence Inn near MSP Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

June 27, 2011 – Traveling for business, I had the opportunity to spend two nights at the Residence Inn in Eagan Minnesota. The hotel is located adjacent to I35E at Lone Oak just about 5 miles from the Minneapolis/St Paul airport.

Check in was fast. Giving my name I was handed a packet with my room key and asked if I needed any assistance, which I did not. The whole process took about 45 seconds! I always request a room on a high floor and my request was honored.

My room was 621, upstairs and adjacent to the lobby and breakfast area. My only complaint is that I could hear the two large air condition units the cooled the main building. This was my 3rd stay at this hotel so I obviously like it.

Since my last stay, the only change that I could notice was the change to a large flat screen TV. I was very happy to see that there was high definition programming too. The TV image looked better than what I have at home.

Even though the hotel is one of the older-style Residence Inns, the décor of my room was contemporary and everything was very functional and comfortable. The room was perfectly clean when I arrived and everything was in good working order. The housekeeper left it spotless after my first night.

The room had a queen-size bed in the sleeping area and a queen-size sofa bed in the sitting area. There was a small desk with good lighting and a very comfortable office-style chair. The only outlets were below the desk.

I used the hotel provided wireless internet service which is free. During the evening (when I assume usage was heavy) it was quite slow. I rant the Speakeasy internet speed test and it only clocked about 40K on both the download and upload test. However, it connected easily to my company’s VPN without a problem. I did not test the speed in the morning, but it was noticeably way faster.

The bed was firm and very comfortable. Nightstands on both sides of the bed had lamps, but I had to move the night stands out from the wall to access the electrical outlets. Pillows and linens were all excellent quality. My room was quite and I slept very well. My business associate had a room on the ground floor and complained to me at breakfast that he could hear the people above him walking around.

Both mornings we had breakfast in the breakfast room. One day was scrambled eggs and sausage patties and the other morning was cheese omelets and ham. There was a good selection of other items and the coffee was hot and good.

One reason that I like this hotel is that it is next door to a Joe Senser’s restaurant/sports bar. I like the restaurant and like the fact that it is just across the parking lot.

Service at the hotel was excellent. I had the occasion to ask the front desk associates for help and each time they provided it quickly and with a smile. I will surely stay here when in the area again so that’s a pretty good recommendation.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Naples
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Stayed three weeks.....very nice place...not new but well maintained....staff is wonderful....everyone makes your stay nice......only one issue....because this is a residence Inn there is a mix of families and business folks.....business folks and families have very different sleeping hours and the buildings are not soundproof.

The daily smiles, breakfast and nightly socials made up for that though...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Eau Claire, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

We stay extensively with Marriott properties and this is a great representation of the Marriott brand. The rooms are more like having your own private apartment, which is great. The staff from the check in staff to the social hour staff to the shuttle drivers are fantastic. The social hour (weeknights) and the breakfast is very impressive. We were very happy with our stay!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Lake Elmo, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

I tried driving home in a blizzard on 2/20/2011. The highways weren't plowed and it was impossible to move. I pulled off and found this hotel. I'm a 23 year old college student. money is VERY tight, but I saw I had no choice. I ended up stuck in the lot anyway. When I went inside, the man immediately told me he would take $30 off the regular room rate due to the snow and my situation.

I went in to my room and was blown away. I had a couch, a chair and ottoman, a desk with chairs, and a full kitchen complete with fridge, oven, microwave, and dishwasher! The bathroom was nicely hidden in a corner. The bed was comfy with five fluffy pillows. The television was at least 24 inches and most stations were in HD! I have NEVER seen that before, even in hotels I've been in that have HDTVs. That made me happy as an HD fan.

In the morning I took a hot shower (made mute by the fact I sweated digging my car out), but it was nice. The man in the lot plowing with the Bobcat helped push snow away from my car and push me out from the rut.

Negatives: They use satellite TV so most of the channels were out due to weather I guess. I only had like 10 to choose from. Also, I made made two calls to cell phones in the tri-county area and those were considered 'long distance', so I got charged one dollar each.

All things considered, a great hotel. Even at its regular rate, if I ever need a close romantic getaway with my significant other, this is the place to go.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Blooming Prairie, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

I travel extensively for business and bring my family which includes my son and our dogs. I couldn't be happier, with the arrangements. I can go to work and know my son has a place to be that not just a bedroom (we homeschool) and the dogs are welcome. We were given a room close to the pet area, and with the Minnesota winters, who wants to be out there long anyway? Ground floor, again... with pets, kids and luggage who wants to run up and down stairs? The breakfast is very good with hot and cold foods, evening socials three nights a week if you don't want to cook in your room for dinner.

Beds are comfortable, a sleeper sofa if that's what you need. A bit stiff on the cushions, but what the hey... it's a sleeper. Nice fireplace, you can't use real wood, but the logs supplied by the front desk are more than adequate for that ambiance factor. A table to eat at large enough for 4, works for the homework too.

You might want to check the desk for bags for the pet area; it was empty, we had to use our own, but when we asked at the desk.. not a problem getting any. I was just slow in remembering to do so.

Great place to stay, I've got 6 -8 more weeks on this contract and we'll stay the duration at this RI and if I have to return to area for any additional contracts.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Ames, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

We are frequent customers of Marriott hotels and accustomed to their usual standards. This hotel certainly lives up to those standards and then some. We flew out of Minneapolis to go on a vacation in Jamaica, and used the option that allows you to leave your vehicle at the hotel all week rather than paying for long term parking at the airport. The shuttle was available as early as 4 AM which was exactly what we needed. They warm up the van before you come out and help you load up. I can't say enough about the service at this hotel. They went out of their way to help us with any problem you can imagine. We were all on a first-name basis with the staff after the first night.

Our room was like an efficiency apartment. It had a woodburning fireplace that worked! You have to use synthetic logs from the front desk, but they are cheap and create a nice atmosphere (they even crackle). There is microwave popcorn in each unit. It is very homey. The breakfast was better than the average Marriott breakfast. Beds and pillows are usual Marriott standard and I thought quite comfortable.

I reserved this hotel mainly becasuse of the price but was very pleasantly surprised by the quality. This is a gem worth staying at, especially if you have a family in need an airport launching point. It's also a quick drive to the Mall.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Lake Villa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

I love this hotel, it's really small apartments with their own entrances. The staff is fantastic, and it's a clean and well run property. It is also pet friendly, and compared with other Residence Inns, the fee of $50 is reasonable. I have stayed here several times and it's a favorite.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport / Eagan? Share your experiences!