“Another good stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Eagan
Manitoba
“Another good stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Excellent hotel in the Minneapolis area! Staff is excellent, full breakfast in the morning, wonderful shuttle service to both the airport and Mall of America. Eagan is a wonderful spot to stay!

Will go back next year!

Room Tip: Don't take room 301....walls were thin...could hear everything in the next room. :(
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Value4u, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dakota Ridge, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you, Thank you. We are so happy to hear that your stay with us has been excellent in many ways. The rooms, the breakfast, the hotel staff, and the shuttle rides to the Mall of America and Airport. We promise when you guys come back this next year and stay with us, we will not give you room 301 or the room next to 301. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Beverly Hills, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

I have stayed at many different hotels in many different cities throughout my lifetime such as the Beverly Hills Hotel in Beverly Hills, CA, Bellagio in Las Vegas, NV, and etc. However, staying at the Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge in Eagan, MN was my worst hotel experience ever.

I checked in on May 4, 2012. It took at least half hour for the front desk attendant to check me in. Then, I went to my room and was disappointed in the quality of my room. The room was very small and wasn't worth the amount of money I paid each night. Also, there were bugs in my room and the air conditioner didn't work properly. In addition, there was excessive water on the floor after every shower I took most likely due to hotel defects in combination with the heavy rain during the weekend. I almost slipped at least 3 times in the bathroom due to the excessive water.

The breakfast was horrible at this hotel. The eggs were cold, the milk, orange juice, and apple juice were warm, and etc. Also, the plates, glasses, and utensils at this hotel weren't washed properly. The hotel keys at this hotel didn't work properly, I had to get a new key almost every time I entered my room.

The hotel staff at this hotel is extremely rude and unprofessional. They seem to not want to work and just monkey around doing random things. There was heavy rain during the weekend and the manager wouldn't allow me to park in the front entrance with a strong roof when I was brining in my luggage to the hotel. Also, the hotel staff wasn't helpful at all during my stay.

I checkout out on May 7, 2012 and a week after I checked out I noticed the hotel charged me over $200 in incidental fees to a credit card I never ever gave them during my initial check in. They somehow got a hold of my AmEx credit card number through fraudulent tactics to bill me over $200 in frivolous incidental fees. They blamed me for there hotel defects. Also, they each employee told me a different story as to why I was billed over $200 in frivolous incidental fees. They first billed my Visa, which was the credit card I gave them during check-in in the amounts of $200, $100, $75, $50, and $25. My Visa account was frozen due to the hotel billing my Visa account in excessive account. Then they used fraudulent tactics to obtain my AmEx credit card number and bill me over $200 in frivolous incidental charges. Both my credit card companies are investigating this matter.

I filed an official complaint against this hotel with their headquarters. Various Best Western Headquarters employees apologized for the unprofessional conduct at the Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge and said they would be investigating this. They gave me Best Western Reward points to make up for the horrible experience I had at the Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge and the rude and unprofessional conduct by the employees at the Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge.

In conclusion, this was my worst hotel experience ever. This hotel is a big waste of money and the the staff is extremely rude and unprofessional.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Value4u, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dakota Ridge, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Unfortunately there are situations that happen when local Authorities are called to get involve to remove a customer from a hotel and additional charges are applied to a room to cover the cost of damages that occurred in the room.

We invite any of our viewers to call the hotel directly if they have inquires about this case number.

Hotel Management.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

I love the location, and Kim at the desk is the most helpful!!!! Rooms are clean but the walls are paper thin ... Could hear people having a full conversation in the next room... Thanks to Kim we were able to move to a quieter part of the hotel ... If your a light sleeper I would not recommend... But overall 4 outta 5 stars !! Thanks Kim!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Kim says, "Your welcome." She was just glad she was able to move you to another room which was quieter.
Our maintenance department has identified the few rooms with thin walls and has begun working on a soulution to fix this issue. We appreciate our customers letting us know how their stay was with us at the BW Plus Dakota Ridge, and we really appreciate the positive feedback on Kim's customer service.
connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We liked the room size and bed comfort but a few misses dropped our rating to average

-Upon check in - we wanted to print boarding passes- 15 minutes due a PC that took about 3 mins to load each website, this should have been 2-3 mins at the most and an up-to-date web browser is standard in most hotels

- TV in room had the high pitched hum on each TV station- where are the flat screens that are standard?

- Thin walls- heard our next door neighbor's gastro-intenstinal issues all night.

- Final and worst offender- two calls to the front desk with a WIFI question and a cancellation of a wake-up call- went unanswered both times, rang 20 times no answer- gave up.

Hotel is not ready for prime time....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Working together with customers like you to identify opportunities in order to become better at what we do is a great recipe for success. We are so thankful you took the time to let us know how we can improve our image and amenities to reach your level of expectations.

We take sound proofing very seriously, so we took your comments and currently identified 2 rooms that needed repair. Our maintenance department is in the process of correcting this issue.

We will continue to work with our staff to deliver superior customer service. There is no excuse for you to experience anything but the best during your stay. We hope if your travels include visiting Minneapolis in the future you will consider staying at the Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge.

I know its a little late now, but as of July 1st we have installed all rooms with new 37inch Flat Screen TV's.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Stayed here to watch the Cubs play the Twins. Shuttle took us right to the 28th street station. We called them on our way back and after a short wait they were there to pick us up. We got to talking with both shuttle drivers a bit too much and they both missed their turns!

Clean rooms with a great lobby. Location is very central to the region and great for going anywhere in town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dakota Ridge, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
I think the Twins will be playing the Cubs again this year, so does that mean we will be seeing you guys again at Dakota Ridge? We sure hope so. I know the shuttle drivers will be waiting to bring you guys to the light rail station, so you can enjoy another Cubs game.. And don't forget about the great waffles that we have and will still have waiting for you. Go Twins!!!!! Go Cubs!!!!!
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

Hotel was clean. Breakfast was great.
Only mattresses were too soft and jumpy to sleep.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Value4u, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dakota Ridge, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Best Western Plus Dakota Ridge, we are happy to hear our location and rates were exactly what you were looking for. Come back again real soon, even if you and your family are just coming to enjoy our great breakfast.
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stayed here for six nights helping my daughter find an apartment in the Minneapolis area. I found the place very comfortable and clean, the room had ample space, and the rate even included breakfast. The location was excellent for us, as we dropped off our rental car the night before our flights, and the hotel shuttled us to the airport very early the next morning.

The lobby is lovely (with a waterfall) and offers three desktop computers for guest use, including a printer for printing boarding passes. The workout room is adequate. This hotel certainly served our purpose for this trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hopefulley your apartment search was successful, and your daughter was able to find the perfect place. We appreciate all your comments about Dakota Ridge and we are glad you enjoyed the indoor waterfall. When your daughter starts moving into her new Minneapolis apartment, and you need a place to stay as you are moving ,we would love to have you back. Also, if there is anyting we can do to help make the move a little easier, just let us know.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Dakota Ridge? Share your experiences!