“Great hotel for Park sleep & fly before a trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TownePlace Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Eagan

You added TownePlace Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Eagan to your Saves list
TownePlace Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Eagan
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3615 Crestridge Drive, Eagan, MN 55122   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Eagan
Owatonna, Minnesota
“Great hotel for Park sleep & fly before a trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

We loved this hotel! We were traveling with another couple to the Dominican Republic. We got the 2 bedroom suite, and shared the cost. We each had our own bedroom, as well as a kitchenette, dining room, and a sofa with TV. We were very comfortable to have a cocktail that night and talk. The next day we were able to leave the car there for a week, and the shuttle dropped us off at the airport. When we came home we called the hotel and they picked us up from the airport and dropped us off at our car. The beds were comfortable and we felt right at home!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with another couple the 2 bedroom suite is a great value.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Melissa W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Eagan, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you for your review and we are delighted that your stay with the TownePlace Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Eagan was enjoyable.

Melissa Weber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
ely mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Just a travel background first. I live 4-5 hours from the MSP airport so I usually have to at least 1 park and fly in one direction, because I cant drive at night. This trip we did one park and fly on each end, both at the Townplace Suites. The Hilton was always our favorite, but this last two trips have been around $200 per nite for a basic room and 7 days of parking with a 24 hour shuttle. Most times we have 4-6 people so we need to get two rooms at 200 per night (incl 2 cars to park for 7 days). So this time I decided to try something diffrent and try a suite hotel, being that they had a park and fly rate with a 24 hr shuttle. We had 5 in our party and a room on both ends of the vacation. The outbound room was $169, $129 for the return (both were booked as a park and fly) Well I want to say the rooms blew me away! Comfortable beds (2 bedrooms), a sleeper sofa, well stocked full kitchen (I was able to make a spaggetti dinner for my family) a dining room , living room and den. Onsite laundry and gym The shuttle service was excellent a 5 min wait on the outbound and 20 minute wait on the return. This hotel is my new park and fly hotel for MSP. Also the location is perfect, plenty of food places nearby (Chilis and Wendys within walking distance). A Sams club with in a mile. The hotel is adjacent to Marriott Springhill suites and shares a shuttle.

Room Tip: If you want parking, you must book as Experience, park and fly
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
St Cloud Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I booked this stay for the night before our flight using my Marriott rewards points. I confirmed they offered FREE 24 HOUR SHUTTLE TO THE AIRPORT. I called the property directly -- yes, free AND you can leave your car in the lot. I checked the reviews on tripadvisor and YES -- it was free to leave your car. ($99 room rate would be equivalent to the points I used)

When I arrived at the hotel, the person at the desk didn't know how to handle it but told me the charge for leaving our car was $10 day. "What?!" I explained to her that I called and was told FREE. I was told by Marriott reservation it was free. ...she said no and she would call her manager. She later told me her manager confirmed the charge was $10 night.

We were going to be gone 11 days, so I knew there were better options. I decided I wanted my points back and we would move to the Residence Inn in Edina (We usually stay at the Residence Inn but their shuttle to the airport had different hours) ...and yes, the shuttle and leaving your car is FREE there. But, we would save money by staying at that hotel and taking the cab versus leaving our car at this hotel for $10/day.

The hotel didn't know how to give me my points back -- so I called Marriott. They "negotiated" a rate of $60 for the entire stay to leave my car PLUS the points I paid for my stay. So -- that meant $159 for my stay. But, I had nearly an hour into this and I knew I'd have another 30 minutes into moving my stuff -- getting another reservation, etc. So, I went with it.

The room was fine. The room was clean. Bed was comfortable.

Upon my return, I received an email from the manager of the hotel apologizing for the confusion and they are refunding the $60 charged for the parking.

The shuttle driver, Dan, was very professional and courteous. But, this was way more hassle than I care to go through before a vacation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tea, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I only stayed here because I could not find anyplace else that met my per diem rate.

At first glimpse I thought it would be adequate. but I am happy to say after my first night, my impression of the hotel greatly improved.

When I saw the size of the breakfast room, I figured it would be the generic waffles and mediocre coffee. While the coffee did not impress me, the next morning I checked, and they had cereal, yogurt, fruit etc. More than adequate.

I was always in the workout room by 5 a.m. Nobody to contend with. But clean, stocked with towels and had water. Also nice big tv. In addition, all of the equipment worked and was in good condition.

Did not use the laundry room, but it was clean.

Small swimming pool. But what do you expect for the cost.

Very clean hotel. Very friendly staff. A little hard to find, but I always get lost in Minneapolis.

If having to return to MSP, and my usuall favorite hotels were booked, I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reston, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

A friend and I stayed here during a trip to Minneapolis. We rented a 2 bedroom unit. The unit was clean, but pretty dated. One of the bedrooms abuts the HVAC unit and the noise kept my friend up most of the night. Also, our unit faced the pool and a huge group of kids (some softball tournament players, I think) spent much of the time screaming and splashing so loudly that even with the windows closed, they kept me awake. I complained to the front desk employee, who said she couldn't do anything until official pool closing time (11PM).

One of the reasons we stayed here was the advertised "on-demand" shuttle. That wasn't the case, you had to reserve hours (or days) in advance. I got so frustrated that I went and rented a car.

The breakfast is pretty spartan -- cereal and hard-boiled eggs.

When checking out, the front desk employee had significant difficulty splitting the bill between me and my friend, though I had been told it wouldn't be an issue. Our check out ended up taking almost a half-hour.

All-in-all, a mixed bag...clean accommodations, but there were several issues.

Room Tip: Don't face the pool during pool season, it is too loud.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Winnipeg, Manitoba
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Lots of living space, clean and friendly staff. The issue we ran into with our two bedroom suite with kitchen is that it was significantly older than we thought given the pictures on the official website. Low ceilings, tiny galley kitchen with coil stovetop burners that popped up so nothing was level, very loud dishwasher and tiny ++ bathroom.

There was a simple cold breakfast, laundry facilities, small gym and a small outdoor heated pool.

Given the cleanliness, price and location we stayed through our reservation but not sure if we would return. Four people sharing a very tight bathroom was a bit of a challenge.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel for a few months now - was previously at the Residence Inn, which had larger rooms but was out of date and with dark decor and poor lighting. Single rooms are open-plan, light-filled and just the right size for one person (and maybe two). Kitchen facilities are sufficient. I have never eaten the breakfast there, so can't comment on that. Several restaurants are in the plaza across the street - and not all are chains! Gym has three new pieces of cardio equipment, plus a variety of weights and a weight bench. Service is very, very friendly; Alex, in particular, has worked hard to find me a room in the early morning on the few times that I've arrived earlier than expected and the hotel had been sold out the night before.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Eagan? Share your experiences!