“Super fresh and generous portions!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Johnny Cake Ridge Road and Diffley
Eagan, Minnesota
“Super fresh and generous portions!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This place is great! Awesome service and the food is soooo fresh!! Lasagna Bolognese, Manicotti, and even their Walleye is great! This is tasty light Italian. Go often!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Andiamo Re-review:Appalling”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Been awhile since I wrote anything about this place, but I've been 7-8 times.

In my last review I really liked the place. The food was quite good, that holds true up to current times. I got Penne Cardinale, it was good, red pepper gives it a bit of zing. Can do without the artichokes though. She got the Ravioli Rosa. Simple cheese filled ravioli in rosa sauce, hard to screw that up.

The thing that was completely disappointing and unacceptable was the service.
2pm on a Sunday, it looked like three other tables were occupied. We were led by the greeter/bartender to the bar area and seated in a booth. There was an older couple in the booth behind ours. The greeter says our waitress will be along shortly.

Before our waitress came, the manager visited the booth behind us twice. The bartender/greeter once. The waitress once. Each time the person would do whatever at their apparently VIP table, once finished look us over and walk away. Over 15 minutes go by and still nobody has even come to our table yet. So I wander around the restaurant devoid of staff until I see the greeter come zooming out of the kitchen. I told him nobody has come to our table yet. He says "OK" and runs back into the kitchen. No apology or even show of concern.

Another 5 minutes pass and finally the waitress makes her way over. She tries to smooth over making us wait over 20 minutes to even be acknowledged with a one word "sorry" apology. I guess she was counting on her smile to melt our hearts or something. I told her this wait was unacceptable and she gives another one word "sorry" in a "what do you want from me" kind of tone. Real nice.
She tries to blame everything on the greeter for not telling her we were there so she didn't know to come service our table. I guess she didn't realize we were there when she was servicing the VIP booth and she and I made eye contact, before she walked away. I. Do. Not. Like. Being. Lied. To.
Ridiculous. Appalling. Unacceptable.

The unfortunate thing is the service has been noticeably depreciating in my last few trips here. I'm not sure why the table behind me on this trip got such VIP service. They did speak Italian to each other so maybe that elevates your status here? The amusing thing about this is this place gave VIP treatment to a likely tourist couple who wouldn't return and treated us, repeat customers, like we didn't matter and weren't welcome.

I'll likely give them one more chance, because I do really like the food here. It isn't good enough to put up with service like this though. Another experience like this I won't be back.

I've also never given a tip of zero before, until today. I will not compensate someone who lies to my face and I know they are lying. Not to mention nobody did anything here to make wasting my time like that right.
I certainly don't recommend this place at this time.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Great spot for lunch or dinner! The staff were really attentive. The food tasted great and the portions were generous.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Ulm, Minnesota
“Refreshing and Inexpensive Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We visited Andiamo based upon my sisters recommendation during my daughters Eagan softball tournament. It was close to the Eagan softball parks as well as our hotel. We enjoyed soup, salad, and their wonderful fresh baked bread for right around 7.99. The service was very good our waiter checked on us regularly and we definately did not leave hungry. I would recommend. ***

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Lunch is better!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Was a nice summer night we sat out on the patio. It was not busy. Our table was all our server had out there but yet he was slow with checking on our needs and when we ordered drinks they came 1/2 way into our meal which by the way took way to long (30 min). Beings we had to walk inside to sit outside (servers were not all friendly or impressive) we had seen the lovely inside. It wasnt all that busy inside either. The quality of food was just ok. I have been there for lunch All you can eat soup and salad (Great deal $$) and felt it would make a great place for dinner. Think again!! But I would recommend the food before the service! Sorry!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Andiamo? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Andiamo, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.