“NOT what we expected” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North
Ranked #14 of 15 hotels in Eagan
Denver, Colorado
“NOT what we expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

First no amenities & the desk clerk was not very knowledgeable about the area. The room was very dated & carpet looks like it has seen better days. No little shampoos or bag for dirty clothes... but luckily we brought our own. No breakfast... have to drive to next exit on hwy for grocery store. Kitchenette was convenient but it took up a ton of room with empty cabinets unless you plan on living there for a few months & stocking them. For the price, not a good deal.

I have stayed in other Homestead suite & was really impressed but other than the location to the Zoo & Mall of America... this one gets a thumbs down & I will look for another place next time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North, responded to this review, September 10, 2012

We specialize in providing clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. That means we don't set out extra amenities like shampoo, lotions, shower caps, etc, in our rooms. However, our hotel does have a limited supply of sundries at the front desk, and we happily dispense them free of charge upon request. Operating in this way allows us to continue to provide you our great rooms at exceptional rates. As well, I apologize for the lack of kitchen amenities available in your room. We have sourced new items and restocked it appropriately.

I take seriously your concern, and apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We were in a rush to relocate to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area for my husband to start his new job. He had stayed at a related chain on the East Coast for the 6 months prior and we were pleasantly surprised at how nice this building was. The King rooms were nicely appointed - nice to have a couch, desk and breakfast bar. It was a quiet location. Not a lot in the immediate area, but you didn't have to go too far to find restaurants and shopping. It is a quick drive into downtown St. Paul from the location - a major plus. A very accessible location. After 10 weeks there, we were sad to say good bye to the staff - they are a great bunch of people and were very helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms on the end of the hotel that faces the Sam's Club are very quiet and have quick access to...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
"""Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words."" "
Mount Pleasant, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Very clean property with a great location. Super quiet. The staff were very friendly and helpful. My only "complaint" is there aren't any restaurants near by.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It is rewarding to hear that you enjoyed our location, the company strove to build in an area which would allow easy access to everything for guests to enjoy. I am sorry that those places close by do not include restaurants; however, there are great stops very close by.

Grand Forks, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I booked this room as it was very cheap, especially since I would rather be spending my money at the mall. We found the hotel ok and I immeadiately loved our room. I had booked a king since our two small children sleep with us anyways and we had more than enough room. It was a suite with a small kitchen. Very clean. The front desk even helped find my missing earrings! Kudos to the staff and I can't wait to stay here again!

Room Tip: Our room was nice on the first floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
UAE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Outwardly the hotel is nice and modern looking, and our room was comfortable and spacious, with a good kitchenette and bathroom, however there were several things that have rated this hotel 'unacceptable' in my books.
Firstly, we have stayed all over the midwest in hotels of similar quality and price, but this hotel was the first in which we had to pay for wireless internet, and didn't have any breakfast provided. There is a 'pantry' with pre-packaged foods that guests can get things from, but you would have to travel out to find anything suitable for breakfast, and there are no shops anywhere near this hotel (it's in an industrial area right near the airport). But paying for the wireless internet? Come on, this is really unacceptable - look at the competition, people!

Secondly, if you stay at this hotel and leave your room, CHECK that the door is locked behind you! You have to slam the door very hard to get the door to lock - we had to try several times and get the caretaker to help before we could actually lock the door. This should be rectified I think, as people assume that card-locking doors will lock behind them without too much effort, and this presents a security risk.

Finally, after getting back to the room, we decided to heat up some food in the microwave. Imagine our...surprise...when we found boxes of chicken and pizza in the microwave, presumably left from the previous tenant (or maybe the cleaner was having lunch?), and the kitchen wastebasket hadn't been emptied! Completely unacceptable.

So overall, we could have stayed in a Hojo, Days Inn, Americinn or similar for nearly the same price and gotten way better facilities I would say. Homestead Suites really didn't cut it.

Room Tip: check the lock, check if the room has been properly cleaned.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

Very clean, you could even smell it as soon as you walked in the door. Staff was very nice and very quick at check-in and out. Offered a lot--coupons for the Mall of America, free passes to Sam's.

the only thing was that there wasn't much hot water for a shower at 9 a.m.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

Pros: Great location just south of I-494 on I-35E.

Cons: Sound-proofing is poor. If you stay here, I would recommend requesting a 3rd level unit since you can clearly hear footsteps and air conditioners from other units. The room decor is completely mismatched. Red carpet, green chairs, yellow comforters. Refrigerator in my unit was very noisy and rattled. They charged me a $10 upgrade fee for 2-double beds.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North

Address: 3015 Denmark Avenue, Eagan, MN 55121
Location: United States > Minnesota > Eagan
Ranked #14 of 15 hotels in Eagan
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Studio Suites Eagan
Homestead Suites Eagan
Homestead Eagan
Eagan Homestead Suites

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Minneapolis - Airport - Eagan - North, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.