“Something for Everyone” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
3 time TA Award Winner!
Ranked #1 of 11 Duluth B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
AV, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

A nice location affords peace up the hill where one may walk through blocks of impressive historic mansions and grounds to start the day, enjoy the excitements in town, and then return to a quiet porch in the evening/night. Tim and Angie were very warm and accommodating. The rooms were well appointed and restful. There are good restaurant options within walking distance. We look forward to our next visit...

Stayed August 2008
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

The A. G. Thompson House is a lovely B & B, perfect for a romantic getaway from the summer heat we endure in St. Louis. We had a wonderful time, and I would highly recommend this inn to other travelers. The location in Duluth is both scenic and close to local attractions, the amenities are top notch (comfy bed, DVD player and films, spacious in-room jacuzzi tub), and the hosts (Angie and Tim) manage to be simultaneously welcoming and unobtrusive. This is one of the most delightful B & Bs at which we have ever stayed. If there is a weak point to the A.G. Thompson House it is the breakfast, which is too heavy on the sugary pastries for our taste, but is nonetheless served in a nice dining room and accompanied by plenty of good coffee and conversation. Also, don't miss relaxing or reading on the front porch or in one of the two hammocks located on the beautiful grounds; we spent some of our best time just enjoying the stunning wildflowers and observing the local wildlife, including a deer that walked right past us as we watched from the hammock. The A. G. Thompson House is a truly special find...you won't be disappointed!!!

• Liked — Great amenities and beautiful surroundings.
  • Disliked — Breakfast could have been better and more well-rounded.
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

My Fiance and I went there for the weekend. It surprassed our excpectations! We love it so much! They were great, and all the guest got along so great! They made reservations for you if you didn't have any. They gave suggestions of what to see. We even forget a dress and shirt in the closet, and they were nice enough to email it back for free! The food is wonderful, and I would recommend the Lake Superior Suite, it is worth every penny!!!

Can't wait to go back!

MINNESOTA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2008

My Husband surprised me with this great getaway for our 6th Anniversary. It was the best Anniversary we've had thus far. Everything was just perfect. Angie was an exceptional host and my Husband and I would recommend this beautiful place to anyone. We definitely plan to stay there again upon our future visits to Duluth Minnesota.

• Liked — The hospitality
  • Disliked — nothing
Red Wing, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2008

Located high on the hills of Duluth, MN, this wonderful Bed and Breakfast Inn sits surrounded by gardens and vistas of Lake Superior. When you first walk into the Inn, you immediately relax with the sense that leaving will be a difficult thing to do. All the rooms are graciously appointed with fireplaces, ( A must in a typical Duluth winter! ) whirpool tubs and luxurious bedding. As you slowly wake from your night's slumber, you can look forward to a homemade breakfast that will re-define what you think of hotel breakfasts. The Innkeepers are wonderful and truely love what they do, which is apparent in all of the touches that make this Inn more than just a place to rest. I will not hesitate to book a room here again and you shouldn't either! When it came time to check out, I went through a mini-grieving period as I knew that the fresh coffee served with your choice of Torani flavored syrups and a hot, gourmet breakfast would not be served at my house the following day. Sadly, despite all my efforts to recruit the innkeepers home with me, they declined leaving me to appreciate my stay at this beautiful historic mansion even more. I now have a place to call home in the city that serves as the gateway to the North Shore of Minnesota. Absolutely wonderful!

• Liked — The HUGE room and the wonderful hosts!
  • Disliked — The only thing is that I couldn't move in permanently.
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to A G Thomson House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!