This was our first stay at a B &B--using a Christmas gift certificate given to us by our children for the get away. We expected wonderful accommodations, great service and delicious food, all in a historic setting, but that was only the tip of the iceberg! What really made the visit special was the hospitality of our hosts, Tim & Angie Allen. The inn was full both days we were there, but the Allen's would drop whatever they were doing to answer questions or just visit. We chose to have our breakfasts in the dining room and heard similar, positive comments from those with whom we shared the meal.
We'll probably enjoy some other B &B's in the future, but--fair warning to others: we think we visited the best one first!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casual elegance abounds perched above majestic Lake Superior amid towering pines nestled in the heart of Duluth's Historic Congdon Mansion District on two acres of private grounds and among award winning gardens. Our Duluth Bed and Breakfast features seven guests rooms with wonderful amenities such as King or Queen Beds, Fireplaces, Lake Views, A/C, HDTV/DVD, and so much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and T4B so you can book your A G Thomson House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- a.g. Thomson House: Historic b&b
- a.g. Thomson House: Historic Hotel Duluth