“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 32 hotels in Duluth
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

If you are looking for great value for your money stay here. Hotel is close to all amenities. It is clean and well kept. Breakfast is very good. Very friendly staff who always greet you with a smile and a friendly hello. Check in fast and easy. I would like to thank Alex for all his help when we go to the Economy Lodge. He is one of the nicest young people I have met in a long time, always helpful and always friendly. The hotel has started changing furniture and beds in one section and we had the opportunity to stay at this side. Very nicely done. Beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Alex T, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Near Miller Hill Mall, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Cathy,

Kind Regards,

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bacolod, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

As far as I can remember this hotel is located within the area with fast food and restaurant establishments such as DQ, subway and mexican resto. Since it was my first time to visit US alone (I was 19 years old that time) I decided to take a cab and ask if what hotel is the nearest and affordable. The taxi cab brought me here and i was so glad because its near and walking distance to Walmart for me who doesn't had a car that time(until now) lol
I'm a Filipino and I was expecting some racial discrimination but Im so happy the staffs treated me like anybody else. They help me in every other way.
This is what really amazes me, I left 1 dollar for the housekeeper to makeup my room(that time i don't earn yet) and i was surprised to see a letter from the housekeeper thanking me for the dollar I tipped. Staffs are humble and nice here.... They have free breakfast here.. you can eat as much as you can. They have a computer station but don't worry wifi is great there! They have pool and sauna too, gaming station, laundry area and vending machines.....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Alex T, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Near Miller Hill Mall, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Debra,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It is always nice to hear about when a guest had an enjoyable experience with us. If you ever make it back to this area again we would be very glad to have you stay with us again.

Best regards,

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Thanks to Debbie and her staff we had a great stay for our entire family. 7 rooms enjoyed with a extremely friendly staff. The pool area was very clean with a nice whirlpool and all the kids loved the arcade area..
Thanks from Brad and Mary S

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Alex T, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Near Miller Hill Mall, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Brad,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey regarding your recent stay at Duluth Econo Lodge. It is always nice to hear that a guest had enjoyable stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Sincerely

Duluth, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed here for a few weeks due to working in the area and their rooms are very clean, the front desk will take care of you when you need something I will come back here anytime. no complaint from my part. they have a breakfast every morning too.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Alex T, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Near Miller Hill Mall, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Gar8282,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. It is always nice to hear when a guest had an enjoyable stay with us especially when it is for a long period of time. I am glad to hear that you will stay with us again. Until then, be well.

Superior, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Nice to check into a hotel with the desk personnel smiling. Room had new furnishings. Very clean and comfortable. Third shift desk person was just as friendly and accommodating. Very convenient location to shopping, restaurants, and the airport.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear MaryLOct2013,

Stillwater OK, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

First I would have loved to give Service more stars but the only person that was worth anything was Cheryl. She was fantastic.
The room was much better than I thought it would be, cleaner and bigger. There was a hockey tournament in town and very difficult to find a room.
I do wish it had an elevator.

• Stayed October 2013
Alex T, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Near Miller Hill Mall, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. It is always nice to receive positive feedback on our hotel. I will share this review with my team and we will use your feedback to help improve the quality of our hotel.

We hope to see you again soon.

Iowa City, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed one night at the Country Inn Suites, then the next night at the Econo Lodge. Similar cost, similar location, but the Country Inn Suites was a more pleasant facility with better rooms. The Econolodge is an adequate motor hotel but nothing more.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke, ask for a room far from the smoking section.