“Very friendly -good value- clean hotel- Excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Duluth, Minnesota
“Very friendly -good value- clean hotel- Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was a little worried checking into the hotel with some poor reviews but needed to be located in this area. When I stepped in I was greated by friendly staff, taken to a clean room, quiet. Stayed for 4 nights and enjoyed the stay very much. Had to deal with a iPhone problem and go to Best Buy, the afternoon man gave me a lift to the store, waited 45 min and took me back, all on his time. Just came from a hotel twice the price and this Econo Lodge offered everything the other hotel did.Solid wifi

Room Tip: 2nd floor non smoking worked for me.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
LAS VEGAS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I see many reviews are degrading this Econo Lodge mostly because it is not a "resort hotel". No, it's not... it is an airport-location, clean, comfortable, secure hotel staffed by the most helpful, friendliest people on the planet. I stayed here very late at night after a cancelled flight ($6.50 by cab from the airport). They got me in, gave me a small discount that I appreciated, and offered help with whatever I could possibly need---and I know they were sincere. I was well cared for here, the room was spacious and comfortable (the bed was awesome), and I would definitely stay there again. I don't typically measure a traveler's hotel to resort standards---if you want a resort, stay downtown and pay resort fees. I wanted clean, comfortable, reasonable, secure, and friendly and that is exactly what I got. The area is industrial, yes, so don't expect things to do or an awesome view if that's what you are after. Convenience to the airport and a Subway shop across the parking (closed when I arrived, the Front Desk team recommended pizza delivery available at that hour and gave me the menu/phone number as well as other suggestions). There is nothing to fear from this property (no bug issues for me). There is an indoor pool and a game arcade I did not use. Breakfast is convenient and adequate. I will be seeing them again--I really appreciated the care extended to a tired, frustrated traveler!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 230; wonderfully comfortable bed, view across parking lot to Subway. Room included...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I log about 300 nights a year in hotels across America. I tend to stay in 4 star chains. A cancellation on my part where I usually stay ( overpriced, poorly maintained, terribly managed WATER PARK ) landed me at this Econo Lodge. It was way more than I expected. The management has taken care to provide CLEAN, UPDATED rooms. CLEAN ?...the bathroom spotless. The bed, linens, chairs, couches, and flat screens, etc., all above par. From the lobby to the pool, to the breakfast area and beyond. CLEAN. The property was ablaze with potted annuals and relaxation areas. No unsightly dumpsters, plenty of parking and 5 minute access to the airport. Adjacent to restaurants, shopping, banking. SWEET. The desk manager, remarkably trained. Housekeeping co-operative. I had a GLASS TILED jacuzzi suite, with with more than ample room. Newly carpeted, quite hallways, and friendly faces. Things you don't find find for under $150 a night.

So despite what other reviews report about this NATIONAL chain, you can single this location out, as above and beyond. Saving my company money is not a concern when traveling.They want me happy. But I PLAN to stay here again next trip to Duluth.

Room Tip: Above the average "economy" type hotels. Book the Prime Suite for a valuable treat.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Lakeville, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This property is run-down and a little ratty. Overall, the facility was moderately clean. Breakfast was good. The parking lot and approaches to it are pot-holed, and simply gaining access to the parking lot can be a challenge.

Being here on business, I spent most of my time away from the hotel. Considering I only slept and ate breakfast here, the facility served its purpose. If I was looking for a place to relax or enjoy a vacation, I would select another property.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Hot tub, pool, wi-fi, acceptable room... all make this Econo Lodge good enough when you need a place to stay. Nothing fancy, in fact, just the basics as you'd expect, but good enough. Only the location seems a little... underwhelming, but we had no issues.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed here during Tall Ships Duluth. The hotel was full but it was quiet & clean. Beds were comfortable, breakfast was good. Front staff was friendly and helpful. Was a bit overpriced because of the Tall Ships weekend. Would stay again if visiting Duluth.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
North Bay, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Room was OK, lots of parking when traveling with a RV. Breakfast was OK. Pet friendly for a 10$ fee but the pet area was small but OK. Close to the airport and lots of restaurants. I would probably not go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge Near Miller Hill Mall? Share your experiences!