“Would stay again!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
willmar
“Would stay again!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Very helpful staff, Very friendly. More than accomidating for your needs. Great place to stay on a budget, great breakfasts. The biscuts & gravy were really good.Clean rooms, nice pool & hotub. Quite location. The price of the room was good.It met all our needs.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Champlin, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had stayed at this hotel a few years ago and like Jeanette I said "never again". However, we had a last minute change of plans and the Econo Lodge was the only hotel available within our budget (we needed a room just two nights before the arrival of the Tall Ships in the Duluth Harbor). I was very pleasantly surprised. We were warmly welcomed by the desk clerk who even offered to help us with our luggage (no elevator which made it a bit challenging to get our things up to the second floor). Our room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the Internet worked. The room itself was in pretty good shape but the hotel is in an industrial area that looks a bit shady. I wasn't bothered by noise during the night as I anticipated. One suggestion for management - the non-smokers have to walk through two hallways of smoking rooms before the non-smoking rooms. It might work better the other way around, although once we got to our room I didn't notice the lingering smoke smell.

Room Tip: Request a main floor room if you are unable to carry your luggage up the stairs.
Hurley, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the airport. It is on the edge of an industrial area--the access road and parking lot are in rough shape. There is no elevator and we were on the second floor--fortunately, our luggage wasn't heavy. The rooms were clean, but the hotel is showing its age and is borderline shabby. The staff was helpful and friendly, but for the price, I expected a nicer facility. The breakfast was plentiful and smelled really good, but was lacking in healthy options. I chose to stop at a local restaurant instead.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Stillwater, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel was kind OK, the staff was Very nice. The area was not nice at all. Almost felt unsafe.
It was a 17min. drive from downtown Duluth. Paid $140.00 a night which was a surprise discounted rate from travelocity, which I would expect to pay for Downton Duluth, but not at all where we were located.

Buffalo, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I guess it was bound to catch up with me....after several very successful "blind buy" deals on well known web site, We ended up at the econolodge on duluth! the hotel is in a delapitaed area of the city, with closed businesses all aroung and what apears to be a burned out building next door. As we entered the pot hole ridden parking lot, my wife commented on the two 12 or 13 year old boys smoking outside the front door. I guess I did not realize there were still sknmoing rooms on hotels, but when the front desk lady to use the far stairways if we did not want to go down the smoking wing, we seriously consided leaving our prepaid hotle to find a better one. Being the cheap guy I am I convinced my wife to stay the one night we had paid for. After 4.5 hours of sleep on a very uncomfortable bed, we got up at 4:30 am and checked out of the hotel.

Room Tip: pick a different hotel!
Cottonwood, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

we were traveling to and from duluth minn to visit family and needed a reasonably priced hotel to catch plane back to az. this hotel was very clean and the staff was very helpful the breakfast in the morning was hot and fresh with plenty of staff to help. would definetly stay again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thunder Bay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Econolodge while doing the Grandma's half marathon Duluth puts on every year. They jacked up the prices for the weekend. It's just your average place. I forgot my passport there, so I called them and she called me right bak saying it was in her hands. I had to pay postage, after overpaying for my rooms. If its regular mail I will be severely disappointed if they made me pay postage for that and the fact they sent a passport through regular mail.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Econo Lodge Near Miller Hill Mall? Share your experiences!