“Wouldn't Stay Again” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Hurley, Wisconsin
“Wouldn't Stay Again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the airport. It is on the edge of an industrial area--the access road and parking lot are in rough shape. There is no elevator and we were on the second floor--fortunately, our luggage wasn't heavy. The rooms were clean, but the hotel is showing its age and is borderline shabby. The staff was helpful and friendly, but for the price, I expected a nicer facility. The breakfast was plentiful and smelled really good, but was lacking in healthy options. I chose to stop at a local restaurant instead.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Stillwater, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel was kind OK, the staff was Very nice. The area was not nice at all. Almost felt unsafe.
It was a 17min. drive from downtown Duluth. Paid $140.00 a night which was a surprise discounted rate from travelocity, which I would expect to pay for Downton Duluth, but not at all where we were located.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I guess it was bound to catch up with me....after several very successful "blind buy" deals on well known web site, We ended up at the econolodge on duluth! the hotel is in a delapitaed area of the city, with closed businesses all aroung and what apears to be a burned out building next door. As we entered the pot hole ridden parking lot, my wife commented on the two 12 or 13 year old boys smoking outside the front door. I guess I did not realize there were still sknmoing rooms on hotels, but when the front desk lady to use the far stairways if we did not want to go down the smoking wing, we seriously consided leaving our prepaid hotle to find a better one. Being the cheap guy I am I convinced my wife to stay the one night we had paid for. After 4.5 hours of sleep on a very uncomfortable bed, we got up at 4:30 am and checked out of the hotel.

Room Tip: pick a different hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cottonwood, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

we were traveling to and from duluth minn to visit family and needed a reasonably priced hotel to catch plane back to az. this hotel was very clean and the staff was very helpful the breakfast in the morning was hot and fresh with plenty of staff to help. would definetly stay again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thunder Bay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Econolodge while doing the Grandma's half marathon Duluth puts on every year. They jacked up the prices for the weekend. It's just your average place. I forgot my passport there, so I called them and she called me right bak saying it was in her hands. I had to pay postage, after overpaying for my rooms. If its regular mail I will be severely disappointed if they made me pay postage for that and the fact they sent a passport through regular mail.

• Stayed June 2013
Mich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Staff and service were fine. Nice breakfast, good location near mall and shopping and reasonably priced. Very nice rooms. Would stay again. Don't let the driveway intimidate you. The place was very nice. Stayed in the new wing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Negril, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very nice, always very clean, and accommodating . Must say, try to stay away from the rooms at the end of the hall, kinda noisy. Breakfast in always plentiful and the staff freindly
We stay there twice a year every year, always consistent , just make sure you are not going through town during the marathon.....you can't get a room anywhere!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Econo Lodge Near Miller Hill Mall? Share your experiences!