“ohhh....it is a dump!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Buffalo, Minnesota
“ohhh....it is a dump!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I guess it was bound to catch up with me....after several very successful "blind buy" deals on well known web site, We ended up at the econolodge on duluth! the hotel is in a delapitaed area of the city, with closed businesses all aroung and what apears to be a burned out building next door. As we entered the pot hole ridden parking lot, my wife commented on the two 12 or 13 year old boys smoking outside the front door. I guess I did not realize there were still sknmoing rooms on hotels, but when the front desk lady to use the far stairways if we did not want to go down the smoking wing, we seriously consided leaving our prepaid hotle to find a better one. Being the cheap guy I am I convinced my wife to stay the one night we had paid for. After 4.5 hours of sleep on a very uncomfortable bed, we got up at 4:30 am and checked out of the hotel.

Room Tip: pick a different hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cottonwood, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

we were traveling to and from duluth minn to visit family and needed a reasonably priced hotel to catch plane back to az. this hotel was very clean and the staff was very helpful the breakfast in the morning was hot and fresh with plenty of staff to help. would definetly stay again

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thunder Bay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Econolodge while doing the Grandma's half marathon Duluth puts on every year. They jacked up the prices for the weekend. It's just your average place. I forgot my passport there, so I called them and she called me right bak saying it was in her hands. I had to pay postage, after overpaying for my rooms. If its regular mail I will be severely disappointed if they made me pay postage for that and the fact they sent a passport through regular mail.

• Stayed June 2013
Mich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Staff and service were fine. Nice breakfast, good location near mall and shopping and reasonably priced. Very nice rooms. Would stay again. Don't let the driveway intimidate you. The place was very nice. Stayed in the new wing.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Negril, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very nice, always very clean, and accommodating . Must say, try to stay away from the rooms at the end of the hall, kinda noisy. Breakfast in always plentiful and the staff freindly
We stay there twice a year every year, always consistent , just make sure you are not going through town during the marathon.....you can't get a room anywhere!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Woodstock, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Although I hate to do it, I highly recommend this hotel. I hate doing it because, more and more are finding out what a great place this is and rooms, especially on the weekends, are harder to find. That said, from the friendly staff to the clean and spacious rooms, this hotel is wonderful. I was in town on a family medical emergency, the staff went out of their way to meet my needs. The rooms, as I said, were well accommodated, large and very clean. I enjoyed my stay and have gone back several times since.

• Stayed April 2013
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We pulled up at this hotel in the midst of a snowstorm on April 11th at 11:00pm. The guy at the front desk named Matt was very friendly, calm, and actually came out and help push my sisters car out of a snowbank. I could go on for a long time, but this attitude carried over into the morning staff, as they went above and beyond trying to help me get to the airport in time for my rescheduled flight. The rooms were clean, and quiet, for what you paid. They kept the free breakfast open for a longer time due to the weather. The owners of this hotel should be very very proud of their staff. Thank you!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Near Miller Hill Mall? Share your experiences!