After living in MN for 25 years, my wife and I decided to visit Duluth for the first time. We were informed by numerous friends to find a hotel by the Canal Park area, otherwise our experience wouldn't be the same. We were fortunate to find a vacant room just one week prior to visiting (it was during the busy summer season). Initially, the cost was a bit higher than i'd preferred ($285/evening) vs ~$150-$200/evening for hotels that were located more inland. However, after staying here, we're so glad we choose this location, as everything was within walking distance from here. Additionally, on-site parking (one space / room), Wifi internet and hot breakfast were complimentary. There are numerous stores and restuarants nearby and the light-house and lift bridge were just a few minutes walk. The boardwalk (canal walkway) was literally behind the hotel and the lakeview from the room was fantastic.
My only (minor) complaint was the location of our room, as it was next to the public bathrooms and entrance to the pool area. It was a heavily trafficed area and was quite noisy (our door failed to dampen the noise from the hallway). Since the pool area was open for kids until 10 or 11pm, it remained noisy well into the evening. I would highly recomend to request rooms that are either on the 2 or 3rd floors, or if you have to be on the 1st floor, request a room as far away from the pool area.
Lastly, I want to praise the hotel staff for their professionalism and hospitality. From the gentleman who greeted us in the parking lot, to the front desk receptionist and breakfast staff, everyone had a smile on their face and was so polite. Keep up the good work!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Suites® Canal Park is near Lake Superior, Canal Park, historic Aerial Lift Bridge, Duluth Entertainment Convention Center, University of Minnesota Duluth and Glensheen, the Historic Congdon Estate, "Duluth's American Castle." Spirit Mountain, Duluth International Airport and the University of Wisconsin-Superior are located just 10 miles from this Duluth, MN hotel. The hotel is also walking distance from Lake Superior Marine Museum, Carnival Thrillz Family Entertainment Center and the Great Lakes Floating Maritime Museum, featuring the S.S. William A Irvin ore boat. Miller Hill Mall, North Shore Scenic Railroad and Enger Park Golf Course are additional points of interest in the area. The numerous gift shops and antique stores in downtown Duluth are also just blocks away. Your Morning Breakfast is full of hot and delicious options, making breakfast at the Comfort Suites Canal Park the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors! If you're leaving early, a Your Suite Success™ Grab & Go bag is available for the two hours prior to breakfast. Enjoy an invigorating splash in the indoor heated pool and hot tub. Unwind on the veranda and gazebo overlooking Canal Park, or sit on the lakeside patio and watch ships enter the canal. Doing business is a pleasure in the conference room. Up to 30 people can be accommodated, and the meeting room is equipped with adjustable lighting, audio/visual equipment and free coffee. Business travelers also appreciate high-speed Internet access in all rooms, free local calls and access to fax and copy machines. Rely on this Duluth, MN hotel for relaxing, stylish rooms filled with all the luxuries one can imagine. Rooms include refrigerators, microwaves, sofa sleepers, coffee makers, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards and cable television with HBO. Several luxury suites feature whirlpool bathtubs and romantic views of the surrounding lake and park. A guest laundry facility is also available. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the Comfort Suites Canal Park provides friendly customer service, inviting accommodations and affordable rates to everyone visiting the Duluth, Minnesota area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Suites Canal Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Canal Park Hotel Duluth
- Comfort Suites Duluth Mn
- Comfort Suite Canal Park Duluth
- Duluth Comfort Suites