We stayed at this hotel 2 nights in a king suite on the 1st floor. We were VERY impressed with the room cleanliness, décor, granite bathroom counters and window ledges, the bed was very comfortable and we appreciated the choice of soft or firm pillows. We had a separate sofa bed area and Jacuzzi (which we did not use). The room had 2 flat screen TV's and two very large windows. Our view was of the lake and path that many tourists walk/run on, it was so beautiful to see the ships on the lake and the horse drawn carriages pass right by our window on the path. The breakfast in the morning was very good! This hotel is walking distance to everything in canal park.
The things we did not care for was the very thin walls/ceilings. Hearing the people above us walking around just did not jive with how nice the room was - it was disappointing, but not a huge deal, but could have been if there were rowdy folk near by. Although the breakfast was good, there was always a very long line to utilize it and since they ran out of room in the main seating area , they opened up a meeting room in the hall for overflow. When I booked with a 'lakeview' I envisioned a beautiful full view of the lake - since we were 1st floor we were obstructed by a tree and lawn, it was still beautiful, but if you prefer the full view - book for the highest floor you can get.
I could not give 5 circles due to the very high rate we paid matched with the things we didn't care for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Suites® Canal Park is near Lake Superior, Canal Park, historic Aerial Lift Bridge, Duluth Entertainment Convention Center, University of Minnesota Duluth and Glensheen, the Historic Congdon Estate, "Duluth's American Castle." Spirit Mountain, Duluth International Airport and the University of Wisconsin-Superior are located just 10 miles from this Duluth, MN hotel. The hotel is also walking distance from Lake Superior Marine Museum, Carnival Thrillz Family Entertainment Center and the Great Lakes Floating Maritime Museum, featuring the S.S. William A Irvin ore boat. Miller Hill Mall, North Shore Scenic Railroad and Enger Park Golf Course are additional points of interest in the area. The numerous gift shops and antique stores in downtown Duluth are also just blocks away. Your Morning Breakfast is full of hot and delicious options, making breakfast at the Comfort Suites Canal Park the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors! If you're leaving early, a Your Suite Success™ Grab & Go bag is available for the two hours prior to breakfast. Enjoy an invigorating splash in the indoor heated pool and hot tub. Unwind on the veranda and gazebo overlooking Canal Park, or sit on the lakeside patio and watch ships enter the canal. Doing business is a pleasure in the conference room. Up to 30 people can be accommodated, and the meeting room is equipped with adjustable lighting, audio/visual equipment and free coffee. Business travelers also appreciate high-speed Internet access in all rooms, free local calls and access to fax and copy machines. Rely on this Duluth, MN hotel for relaxing, stylish rooms filled with all the luxuries one can imagine. Rooms include refrigerators, microwaves, sofa sleepers, coffee makers, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards and cable television with HBO. Several luxury suites feature whirlpool bathtubs and romantic views of the surrounding lake and park. A guest laundry facility is also available. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the Comfort Suites Canal Park provides friendly customer service, inviting accommodations and affordable rates to everyone visiting the Duluth, Minnesota area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Comfort Suites Canal Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Canal Park Hotel Duluth
- Comfort Suites Duluth Mn
- Comfort Suite Canal Park Duluth
- Duluth Comfort Suites