Don't want this to sound like the Penthouse Forum but "I never thought this would happen to me". Attending niece's wedding up in Two Harbors and just needed a place to sleep for the night. Did the Priceline dance and got a good rate at Comfort Suites. We drove in from North Dakota understanding that check-in was at 3pm, 35 minute drive to wedding, wedding at 4:30...we would be cutting it short. Arrived in Duluth at 2pm and hoped that Comfort Suites staff could get us into a room a liitle early to allow us to shower and change into wedding attire. Explained the situation to two young people working the desk (you know who you are and I love you guys), and they did more then I would expect. They took care of us and did so with such charm, warmth and enthusiasm that I wanted to adopt the two of them right then and there, take them back with us to North Dakota, set them up in our son's old rooms upstairs and let them know that the grass should to be cut, the house needs to be painted and the garage door needs repair. Needless to say, we cleaned ourselves up, got to the wedding in plenty of time and enjoyed our evening with family.
After the wedding drove back to Duluth, changed clothes and took a walk along the lake. Came across some astronomers with telescopes who allowed us to view Saturn, the moon and stars (so cool it made us hug). Went to sleep later in clean, fresh and comfortable bed and awoke to the sight of ships entering the harbor. We dressed and went downstairs to enjoy our complementary breakfast that delighted my ever expanding waistline, all while reading the free Sunday paper that the property provided ( who gives free Sunday papers to it's guests ) ?? Spent the rest of the morning enjoying the beauty and pageantry of the Canal. Thank you Comfort Suites for turning a rushed sleep over into a mini-vacation. Love you guys!! We will be back.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Canal Park Hotel
- Comfort Suites Canal Park Hotel Duluth
- Comfort Suites Duluth
- Comfort Suites Duluth Mn
- Comfort Suite Canal Park Duluth
- Duluth Comfort Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Suites® Canal Park is near Lake Superior, Canal Park, historic Aerial Lift Bridge, Duluth Entertainment Convention Center, University of Minnesota Duluth and Glensheen, the Historic Congdon Estate, "Duluth's American Castle." Spirit Mountain, Duluth International Airport and the University of Wisconsin-Superior are located just 10 miles from this Duluth, MN hotel. The hotel is also walking distance from Lake Superior Marine Museum, Carnival Thrillz Family Entertainment Center and the Great Lakes Floating Maritime Museum, featuring the S.S. William A Irvin ore boat. Miller Hill Mall, North Shore Scenic Railroad and Enger Park Golf Course are additional points of interest in the area. The numerous gift shops and antique stores in downtown Duluth are also just blocks away. Your Morning Breakfast is full of hot and delicious options, making breakfast at the Comfort Suites Canal Park the perfect way to start your day. Enjoy our free hot breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and more, including your choice of hot waffle flavors! If you're leaving early, a Your Suite Success™ Grab & Go bag is available for the two hours prior to breakfast. Enjoy an invigorating splash in the indoor heated pool and hot tub. Unwind on the veranda and gazebo overlooking Canal Park, or sit on the lakeside patio and watch ships enter the canal. Doing business is a pleasure in the conference room. Up to 30 people can be accommodated, and the meeting room is equipped with adjustable lighting, audio/visual equipment and free coffee. Business travelers also appreciate high-speed Internet access in all rooms, free local calls and access to fax and copy machines. Rely on this Duluth, MN hotel for relaxing, stylish rooms filled with all the luxuries one can imagine. Rooms include refrigerators, microwaves, sofa sleepers, coffee makers, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards and cable television with HBO. Several luxury suites feature whirlpool bathtubs and romantic views of the surrounding lake and park. A guest laundry facility is also available. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the Comfort Suites Canal Park provides friendly customer service, inviting accommodations and affordable rates to everyone visiting the Duluth, Minnesota area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Comfort Suites Canal Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.