“quiet, nice hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value

You added Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value to your Saves list
Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9315 Westgate Blvd, Duluth, MN 55810 (Formerly Red Roof Inn Duluth Spirit Mountain)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #27 of 33 Hotels in Duluth
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
“quiet, nice hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My family spent Memorial Day Weekend up in Duluth, MN this year and all the hotels were booked. Luckily, we booked this hotel the week before and made reservation for 2 rooms. The attendant was nice that he did not charge us for the 4 additional people that were in my group because there were no more rooms available. It was quiet. Breakfast was not all that but for a place to stay for the weekend, it was great. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Richfield, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was our second visit here this year while visiting Duluth. I know you get what you pay for and we believe this Inn exceeded our expectations. decent continental breakfast in a small space,older room was nicely cleaned,staff was pleasant. Beds were OK, could be updated.

Room Tip: The second floor was convenient for entrance and exit as one of us has disabilities
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Nice, cozy little hotel in the mountains above Duluth. Comfy room with all the usual amenities. Hotel has indoor heated pool and a jacuzzi. Close to ski country. Convenient to I-35. Breakfast typical continental fare, but three waffle irons! Only issue was the bedsheets were dirty when we checked in. The manager sent housekeeping down a few minutes later and they re-made the bed for us. Problem resolved, so no harm no foul in my book. Enjoyed our stay immensely and would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Hotel has poolside rooms at indoor pool. Also jacuzzi suites.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
dsminn5, Front Office Manager at Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you very much for leaving a review of our property, and I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay!

Many guests love our indoor pool, hot tub, and sauna, as well as our deluxe continental breakfast, so I'm glad you were able to take full advantage of all those amenities! As well, even though you said that you found the cleanliness of your room to be in question, its great to see that you were able to utilize the services of our hospitable front desk and housekeeping staff, who consider it their duty to make sure any issues are taken care of swiftly and fully. They strive for perfection in everything they do, so I will pass along your kind words to them!

Once again, thank you for your tremendous feedback, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First of all, this place is very affordable at this time of the year. The room was fine, but one of the beds was like a rock no big deal. We were on the first floor and above us was a herd of elephants waking us up at 5:00. Also the people across the hall didn't realize that door slams every time they go out, which is every half our or so. The bathtub was in very rough shape and needs to be replaced. Peeling paint and rough spots on the bottom. The room was clean appearing though. The pool was very spacious and temp was ok. The hot tub was in another room and filled full of people-I went back early in the morning and it was nice. The breakfast was all carbs but in all fairness it was a "continental" breakfast. The lady working in the breakfast area had a scowl and when I looked at her I knew there would be trouble. Sure enough five minutes later she was rudely approaching guests to put their shoes on! I understand it is required but she needs to work on her delivery. Plus they have three waffle makers-which is wonderful-but they ran out of the batter, and she took forever to fill it back up. She needs to focus more on keeping things stocked then making trouble!
The front desk was pretty nice! I would stay there again if I just need a cheap place and want to swim.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our establishment, as the information gathered in feedback such as this help our business grow.

I am truly glad you found your stay to meet your expectations! Many guests love our large indoor pool, hot tub, and sauna areas, so it's great to see you also found them exceptional. Our guests also thoroughly enjoy our free deluxe continental breakfast, too! Furthermore, I'll let my front desk know that you found their service to be nice, as they strive to make every guest feel at home.

I do wish to apologize, however, for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Our goal is to make you feel welcomed at our hotel, so we make sure that our staff is well-trained in customer service and hospitality, but I am sorry you did not find this to be the case with our breakfast staff. As well, our maintenance and housekeeping staffs work hard to make sure rooms meet our strict expectations of comfort, but I do apologize you didn't thoroughly enjoy your room.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback, and we look forward to serving you again!

MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I would give it less than one star but on the upside the AC unit was not loud and everything worked. The tub/shower has been painted, yes, painted and is peeling. There are cracks in the ceiling where the wall meets the ceiling. The carpet is stained and the floor ripples underneath. The shower curtain in the bathroom was light yellow bordering on "kind of orange". I don't think that was on purpose. I think it was the nicotine stains from all the cigarettes someone had been smoking. The smell was so strong that I had to leave the bathroom light/fan on all night just to keep is from permeating the rest of the room. The bed was acceptable but could have used a few extra pillows. And on to "customer" service. When I mentioned all these things to the front desk person all she said was, "did you mention this last night?" And, "I'll have to let housekeeping know." So, housekeeping couldn't smell it when they "cleaned" the shower???? Besides, I'm ready for bed, I'm going to get dressed again to let someone from housekeeping come in to change out the shower curtain? So, how long is that going to take? I'm hungry. I want to eat my semi warm pizza before it gets really cold.
Not going back to this place. I will avoid any Americas Best Value anywhere. I would have gotten a better value sleeping in my car.

Stayed May 2015
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding our hotel, as we use this information to make our company the best it can be.

I truly apologize that your stay was not satisfactory for you. Regarding your room itself, our veteran housekeeping and maintenance staff always make sure that rooms are as comfortable as possible before allowing them to be sold to guests; if at any time a room is deemed unworthy of being used, such as if any room amenities are not up to standards or if a previous guest has went against policy and smoked in a room, we at the front desk do not sell it until it is truly ready. We are sorry that you did not find this to be the case for your room.

As well, our front desk staff always makes every attempt to assist customers with issues if notified beforehand, such as by taking care of the issue themselves or by moving rooms for a guest. Nonetheless, I do sincerely apologize that you did not find our front desk to be accommodating.

Again, I truly thank you for giving us your feedback, and I do hope you can give us a second chance in the future.

Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Don't stay here if you have low mobility because a rather large set of concrete steps must be navigated from outside to reach the lobby which is tiny and crowded. The pool area is ugly and outdated but I have to say the room itself was quite nice.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for providing a review of our establishment, as it helps our company to grow and better serve our guests.

I do apologize that your stay did not fully meet your expectations. Regarding mobility, although our building does not have elevators, we do make every effort to accommodate guests who do have mobility issues if informed ahead of time so that their stay can be worry-free and hassle-free. Many guests also thoroughly enjoy our pool and hot tub amenities, but I am sorry you did not find the same pleasure from them. I am glad, however, that you found your room to be enjoyable, as our housekeeping staff do their absolute best to make sure every guest's room is tidy and clean.

Once again, I thank you for your review, and I do hope we can see you again sometime in the future.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2015

The accommodations were fine for the price paid, and the breakfast was more than plentiful. The pool and sauna areas were dated and the workout facility was literally a closet, but Mary Elizabeth at the front desk was excellent and the customer service made the stay enjoyable. Wish the microwave I paid extra for had worked, but other than that, no complaints.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
dsminn5, Front Office Manager at Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel!

I'm glad to see that you found your accommodations enjoyable, and our customer service pleasant! Our front desk strives to provide the best possible customer service to each and every guest, so I will certainly let Mary-Elizabeth know of your good words!

I do wish to apologize, however, that you did not find some of the amenities to meet your expectations. Our veteran maintenance crew work tirelessly to make sure our pool, hot tub, and other amenities are not only functioning properly, but also are providing the most comfort for all guests, including in-room amenities. Our front desk staff are also more than willing to assist our customers with any issues they might have regarding their room, be it mechanical or otherwise. When you stay with us again, feel free to let them know of any issues and they will try their very best to make sure you are accommodated.

I thank you for your review of our establishment once more, and we look forward to having you stay with us again!

Front Desk Manager

Been to Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value? Share your experiences!