Save Saved
You added Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value to your Saves list
Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9315 Westgate Blvd, Duluth, MN 55810 (Formerly Red Roof Inn Duluth Spirit Mountain)   |
Ranked #26 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
“Ok stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I recently stayed at the Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn for the weekend. I was put on the first floor. The bathroom was tiny. There was no refrigerator or microwave. I could hear every step the people above were taking. Friday night there were a bunch of young adults above me partying until about 3 am. It was so loud. I called the front desk twice, but nothing helped.

The front desk staff was very nice. The cleaning people had foul mouths. I could hear them swearing down the hall.

The breakfast that their website raves about was mediocre at best. Everything was tiny, except the waffles. The coffee didn't have travel mugs or covers. The discounted Spirit Mountain tickets only saved $.50. The front desk woman didn't know exactly how the tickets worked and advised that it might be better if I just went across to Spirit Mountain and purchase tickets there.
Everything was clean, just extremely outdated.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Wausau, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel was advertised in the pet friendly hotel list and a reservation was made through their corporate toll free number. Upon arrival at 10 pm after a full day of travel, there were sighs posted everywhere as ,pet free, no pets allowed at anytime. To respect the policy I admitted to having a pet. The best they could offer is to honor a cancellation. I was thankful for this however, still without a room for a great price at 10 pm !

Room Tip: Don't bring the furry members of your family.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
AmericanInPal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I'm writing this past midnight, lying in the most uncomfortable bed possible. It's rock hard and covered in some sort of squeaky plastic. Bathroom is impossibly small. This hotel is almost certainly not ADA compliant. Old, ugly, LOUD. I can hear people in the next room coughing and there is a group of people outside my window laughing. Can't sleep. Don't stay here.

• Stayed September 2014
Westford, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here on our trip to Duluth- two nights. The hotel is just ok- it's definitely dated and maybe not the cleanest place we've stayed but the price was right and the location was pretty good too. Everyone seemed to enjoy the pool though we didn't have time to swim unfortunately. The balcony off of our room was nice- though shared with another room and in desperate need of painting. Our daughter loved the arcade and the staff was very nice. We might stay here again if we decide to visit Duluth affordably. :)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed at 2 different hotels on this vacation. This one, and one of a higher-end chain. I was outvoted; my family (hubby and 2 kids) preferred this hotel to the pricier one. The view was nice (we could see Lake Superior from our room), the room was quiet (except for the ice machine, which guests were courteous enough not to use after about 11 pm), and our room was always clean and inviting at the end of a long and adventurous day.

The pool was also nice. It was clean, and was twice the size of the pool at our next hotel. I wish the water had been a smidge warmer, but my kids didn't care.

Complaints? First, I didn't like having to descend 20+ stairs with heavy suitcases, just to check in. The check-in should have been located on the 3rd floor, instead of the 2nd, so that guests can walk straight in with their luggage.

Second, I also didn't like having to carry heavy suitcases up a flight of stairs. There's NO elevator here. You also have to go down stairs to get to the pool -- and there's no way I would have wanted a room that vented to the pool.

Third, the parking lot is a disaster. OK, it really wasn't too bad for September, but the hill to enter and exit was rough for my 4 cylinder van to scale in nice weather. MAKE SURE you have a 4-wheel drive vehicle if you stay here during ski season. (It says so right on the door.)

Overall, we had a great time and thought the hotel was sufficient for our needs - a clean place to lay our heads each night.

Room Tip: Avoid getting a room attached to the pool, and try to stay away from the ice machine.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

older property but clean and comfortable, holiday weekend so the breakfast area in the morning was full and chaotic but the staff was friendly and the place was clean. beds were comfortable, parking was crowded but again a holiday weekend and some people parked taking more than 1 spot

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a good stay here. The hotel is a bit dated, but we've stayed several times as we drive through. It is in a good location, there is a great view from the pool area. The pool is nice, the rooms are clean, the breakfast is quite good. It's a nice quiet hotel, and it's a good price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value

Address: 9315 Westgate Blvd, Duluth, MN 55810 (Formerly Red Roof Inn Duluth Spirit Mountain)
Location: United States > Minnesota > Duluth
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Swimming Pool
Ranked #26 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Hotel Class:2 star — Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Tingo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Duluth Sprit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value Hotel Duluth
Red Roof Inn Duluth
Duluth Red Roof Inn

If you own or manage Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

;