“won't recommend” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value

You added Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value to your Saves list
Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9315 Westgate Blvd, Duluth, MN 55810 (Formerly Red Roof Inn Duluth Spirit Mountain)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #29 of 34 Hotels in Duluth
United States
“won't recommend”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Apparently maid service was too busy after our first night. Not sure anything done to room (such as making the bed, running the vacuum). Only adequate cleanliness. Small rooms. ................................................................................

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Andover, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

An overall nice value. It was the most reasonable, but it had no elevator, a small breakfast area, very crowded. Great breakfast. The beds were very uncomfortable. If you don't mind saving a few bucks for the sake of comfort.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Mankato, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Strange entry with stairs, stairs to the room, no elevators, sparse furnishings, the shower will get you wet if you have the time to stay in long enough. Breakfast was a disaster as far more guests than space or food, could not even get a cup of coffee because they were out. The worst was the front desk. Two pm and one am clerk that did not want to be there and didn't want anyone else there either. Noisy halls late at night and early in the morning. Won't be back.

Room Tip: Here is a tip about choosing a room, just don't.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Rogers, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The entrance into the hotel is strange and crowded. The first thing I noticed was the multiple stains in the carpet and the dank musty smell. Our room was small (nothing like what the picture online showed), and the bathroom was the size of a broom closet. The bathtub creaked whenever you moved, like it was going to fall through the floor at any second, and the shower head is shorter than I am! I'm only 5 feet 9 inches tall and I had to bend my knees and awkwardly lean backwards just to wash my hair. And come on.... I've used dinner napkins larger than those towels. The fitness room was locked every time I tried to go in, so you can forget about your morning workout. Another thing I found odd was that the hot tub/ sauna area was located in a completely different room located down the hall from the pool. Parents won't be able to relax in the hot tub and let their younger kids swim at the same time. Worse yet, the hot tub/ sauna room has a cheap, see through, wooden gate as the door, and the entire wall was lined with large windows looking out into the hallway. Any creep casually strolling by on the way to their room can see you. All of this would have been tolerable had it not been for one reoccurring issue: The key cards DON'T WORK!!!!! My two sisters and I were locked out of our room a total of six times in our three day stay. Six times! That's ridiculous. Thankfully, two of those times one of us was still inside the room to open the door. Every time we had to go back down to the front desk we had to wait in line for ten minutes just to have our key cards reactivated. It wasn't just our room either, but the entire hotel! A couple staying a few rooms down from us actually checked out early and found another hotel because of it. If the key cards are that big of a problem, why wouldn't you have some one come in and fix it? The $350.00 we spent for our stay was not worth it in the least. Overall, our experience wasn't bad, and the staff was always friendly, but I feel a Super 8 Motel was probably more worth our time.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the second floor (where the front desk is located) so that way when you're...
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

So my favorite thing about the hotel was the decor. The room was very clean and had a cozy feeling. And the beds...sigh...were so comfortable as were the pillows! The showers had great water pressure and the towels were good cpmpared to some hotels. The hot tub was awesome and clean, so was the pool. I think the pool is also a salt water pool. But it's very big so is the hot tub. The sauna was a good size too but we never used it. I didn't have any problems with the place what so ever. And the breakfast was great plus they have a cappuccino machine!! Stay here!

• Stayed September 2013
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Room smelled musty when we first walked in. TV picture was poor extra blanket...itchy rigid army blanket caulk around sink loose and peeling mechanics under the sink exposed tub not supported and made noise like you might fall through when taking a shower whirlpool area had black mold near floors and doorways paint peeling off trip in doorways noisy room with someone told that our room was theirs at 2 a.m. water stains on ceilings in hallways breakfast area just plain nasty was way too small/crowded and person working there couldn't even clean off tables or keep coffee made. I wouldn't taken pictures of this disaster if I'd thought of it. All for $159.00. Rip off of the year!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from this motel. Wish I'd taken photos.... :(
Bloomington, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I agree with the other person who said Mis-leading advertisement. This hotel advertises at $69.99 and I booked the hotel 3 days in advanced and was charged $121.00 plus the taxes which came to around $133.00. I met a woman in the pool area and she had booked her room the same day she came and only paid $74.00 for her room and that included the patio and mine had no patio or balcony. The room reaked of stale smoke and it just felt dirty to me and my kids and fiance. I want to know why some are charged more for a room with less amenitys than others who call on the day they are coming and get a cheaper room with more amenitys? I feel I should be refunded the extra amount paid due to false advertisement. Also, went to breakfast the next morning at 9:00 and almost everything was gone. This should be stocked to feed people through 10 am when breakfast ends. I don't see myself returning to this hotel unless it's my last option.