“Great Decor!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value

Save Saved
You added Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value to your Saves list
Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9315 Westgate Blvd, Duluth, MN 55810 (Formerly Red Roof Inn Duluth Spirit Mountain)   |
Ranked #26 of 32 hotels in Duluth
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Decor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

So my favorite thing about the hotel was the decor. The room was very clean and had a cozy feeling. And the beds...sigh...were so comfortable as were the pillows! The showers had great water pressure and the towels were good cpmpared to some hotels. The hot tub was awesome and clean, so was the pool. I think the pool is also a salt water pool. But it's very big so is the hot tub. The sauna was a good size too but we never used it. I didn't have any problems with the place what so ever. And the breakfast was great plus they have a cappuccino machine!! Stay here!

• Stayed September 2013

242 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Room smelled musty when we first walked in. TV picture was poor extra blanket...itchy rigid army blanket caulk around sink loose and peeling mechanics under the sink exposed tub not supported and made noise like you might fall through when taking a shower whirlpool area had black mold near floors and doorways paint peeling off trip in doorways noisy room with someone told that our room was theirs at 2 a.m. water stains on ceilings in hallways breakfast area just plain nasty was way too small/crowded and person working there couldn't even clean off tables or keep coffee made. I wouldn't taken pictures of this disaster if I'd thought of it. All for $159.00. Rip off of the year!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from this motel. Wish I'd taken photos.... :(
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Bloomington, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I agree with the other person who said Mis-leading advertisement. This hotel advertises at $69.99 and I booked the hotel 3 days in advanced and was charged $121.00 plus the taxes which came to around $133.00. I met a woman in the pool area and she had booked her room the same day she came and only paid $74.00 for her room and that included the patio and mine had no patio or balcony. The room reaked of stale smoke and it just felt dirty to me and my kids and fiance. I want to know why some are charged more for a room with less amenitys than others who call on the day they are coming and get a cheaper room with more amenitys? I feel I should be refunded the extra amount paid due to false advertisement. Also, went to breakfast the next morning at 9:00 and almost everything was gone. This should be stocked to feed people through 10 am when breakfast ends. I don't see myself returning to this hotel unless it's my last option.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We just needed an over night stay. The room was clean and the bed was comfy. There was a small hiccup. The lobby was full when we checked in and there was a customer who wanted to change her room at the same time we were checking in. We both ended up in the same room. Well we came in second so we needed a new room. Customer service was excellent. We were upgraded for free and the hotel employee who was helping us was very apologetic and even carried my bag for me to our room. Breakfast was the typical waffle cereal etc and we were lucky to beat the rush. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The desk staff was extremely helpful with all our needs! They exceeded our expectations with excellent restaurant recommendations etc! The room had a very cute rustic outdoorsy feel with the cabin like decor :-) and everything seemed clean and well maintained. We would stay again!

• Stayed August 2013
Greeley, Colorado, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here in August. I chose it for a simple overnight because the sign outside advertised a room for $69. They actually charged me $121.59 plus another $15 for misc taxes and fees. When I questioned the charge, her reply was "Oh that's our winter rate." In August - really? So I paid $136.25 for a room by the pool which was very noisy - not what I had requested at all. I would definitely not go back and would recommend you ask for the actual price of the room rather than trust their outdoor signage.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Burleigh Heads, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We booked this hotel based on previous good experience with this chain.
On arrival the entry and stairs were dirty. Our room smelled of cigarette smoke, called the duty manager who arrived and announced he was a smoker and couldn't smell any smoke. Shortly after he left the room he called to advise should the room smel of smoke when we checked out the hotel would charge a $250 clean up fee - needless to say we had a dialogue about that!
Linen was threadbare and HBO didn't exist.
Next morning we again could smell cigarette smoke and on doing some checking we could see a couple having an early smoke on a balcony directly under our room.
It was lucky we had only booked the one night as the best experience was checking out.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value? Share your experiences!