“Another mis-leading advertisement” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value

You added Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value to your Saves list
Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9315 Westgate Blvd, Duluth, MN 55810 (Formerly Red Roof Inn Duluth Spirit Mountain)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay & Save 15%
Ranked #28 of 34 Hotels in Duluth
Bloomington, Minnesota
“Another mis-leading advertisement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I agree with the other person who said Mis-leading advertisement. This hotel advertises at $69.99 and I booked the hotel 3 days in advanced and was charged $121.00 plus the taxes which came to around $133.00. I met a woman in the pool area and she had booked her room the same day she came and only paid $74.00 for her room and that included the patio and mine had no patio or balcony. The room reaked of stale smoke and it just felt dirty to me and my kids and fiance. I want to know why some are charged more for a room with less amenitys than others who call on the day they are coming and get a cheaper room with more amenitys? I feel I should be refunded the extra amount paid due to false advertisement. Also, went to breakfast the next morning at 9:00 and almost everything was gone. This should be stocked to feed people through 10 am when breakfast ends. I don't see myself returning to this hotel unless it's my last option.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We just needed an over night stay. The room was clean and the bed was comfy. There was a small hiccup. The lobby was full when we checked in and there was a customer who wanted to change her room at the same time we were checking in. We both ended up in the same room. Well we came in second so we needed a new room. Customer service was excellent. We were upgraded for free and the hotel employee who was helping us was very apologetic and even carried my bag for me to our room. Breakfast was the typical waffle cereal etc and we were lucky to beat the rush. I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The desk staff was extremely helpful with all our needs! They exceeded our expectations with excellent restaurant recommendations etc! The room had a very cute rustic outdoorsy feel with the cabin like decor :-) and everything seemed clean and well maintained. We would stay again!

• Stayed August 2013
Greeley, Colorado, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here in August. I chose it for a simple overnight because the sign outside advertised a room for $69. They actually charged me $121.59 plus another $15 for misc taxes and fees. When I questioned the charge, her reply was "Oh that's our winter rate." In August - really? So I paid $136.25 for a room by the pool which was very noisy - not what I had requested at all. I would definitely not go back and would recommend you ask for the actual price of the room rather than trust their outdoor signage.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ETL2013

Travelers are raving about these Duluth hotels

Burleigh Heads, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We booked this hotel based on previous good experience with this chain.
On arrival the entry and stairs were dirty. Our room smelled of cigarette smoke, called the duty manager who arrived and announced he was a smoker and couldn't smell any smoke. Shortly after he left the room he called to advise should the room smel of smoke when we checked out the hotel would charge a $250 clean up fee - needless to say we had a dialogue about that!
Linen was threadbare and HBO didn't exist.
Next morning we again could smell cigarette smoke and on doing some checking we could see a couple having an early smoke on a balcony directly under our room.
It was lucky we had only booked the one night as the best experience was checking out.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cumberland, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I chose this hotel for its lower price. It was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. We spent time in the pool, which was also clean. The pool area has nice seating if you are not swimming. I was disappointed, however, that the hot tub and sauna were in a different room than the pool. You have to walk down the hall from one to the other. The service was friendly and helpful, and we didn't eat their breakfast so I can't comment on that, other than the breakfast area was very small. My only complaints are that the pool and hot tub are in separate locations, and that the hallway floor on the second level felt spongy, hollow. I felt uncomfortable walking on it. It made me think the building was cheaply and poorly built.

Room Tip: Get a room with lake-facing view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Motley, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed here 1 night and that was more then long enough. When we first checked in the first thing we noticed is that it smelled in the lobby like one of those pine scented car air fresheners. We were told to go to the end of the building and use that door which was a security door but looked like it had been pried open at one time with a crow bar. The hallway leading to our room was very dark. After walking into the room one of the beds had a huge lump in the center of it which ended up being the blanket bunched up. The fan in the bathroom didn't work. The pool and the hot tub are not in the same room so if you have plans on relaxing in the hot tub while your children are swimming forget it. 10 and under are not allowed in the hot tub. Breakfast was the only plus side of staying here. Great breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family