“Our Escape to Duluth” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value

Save Saved
You added Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value to your Saves list
Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9315 Westgate Blvd, Duluth, MN 55810 (Formerly Red Roof Inn Duluth Spirit Mountain)   |
Ranked #25 of 32 hotels in Duluth
Estherville, Iowa
“Our Escape to Duluth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We decided to escape over memorial day weekend since our home location can be busy over this holiday. My wife has never seen Duluth so we planned a family vacation for her to the north shore. There are many hotel choices, but I decided to stay where I knew that we could get a good stay for a fair price. We booked through Expedia which was very easy and hassel free. When checking in we found a very comfortable room with great service, and all the amenities.
There is never enough time spent in Duluth, and leaving is the worst part so we decided on one more nights stay. I was pleasently suprised by one of the front desk managers " Nicole " who remembered me from the previous year when my family stayed there. She politely offered a discount for our third night which was very a thoughtful gesture. This hotel should not be over looked when visiting Duluth because it has alot to offer familys and travelers for a fair price.

243 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Duluth, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

It was nice to be able to stay outside of town. Not too far out of town, but just enough to avoid the hustle and bustle. Desk staff was helpful and friendly. Great breakfast. Only complaint was the pool seemed to be quite cold. Other than that it was a great stay with a beautiful view.

Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

A decent clean motel in the Duluth area. It appears to be a weekend destination for the locals with kids wanting to use the pool. Nothing special. They have a ski waxing troom for those travelin in the winter to use the ski trails in teh area. Nice breakfast with the ubiqitus waffle makers. I was chaperonng a high school trip and hte staff handled our group well.

Room Tip: They have few with balconies with a pretty good view of the St. Louis River Valley.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and i took a daughter on her first vacation. We have never been in duluth so we just chose tye cheapest place.. this place was way more than that. The service was the best we had ever had at any other hotel.. the breakfast was simple but delicious.. i have never yad so many fresh choices... i loved the view outside also..our room was simple but lovely.. very comfortable... definetly would be our first and only choice to stay next time we are in duluth.. oh and i love that the pool and hot tub are in seperate rooms so when we come up without our daughter we dont have to listen to other peoples kids...

• Stayed June 2012
Mitchell, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We planned a night to see lake Superior and explore Duluth. Our receptionist (male) was very nice and helpful. He printed off information sheet and map of Hawk Ridge for us within minutes of asking. He was polite and treated us well. Our room was clean and neat. No odors. Our room was fairly close to the pool and across from the sauna. The morning we left they had the sauna closed for cleaning but signs were posted everywhere. And with the door shut to the sauna room there was no odor. Beds were on the firm side but we like that and enjoyed a good night sleep. We liked the fact the sauna and pool weren't together. Keeps the people swimming and playing away from us. The breakfast was okay. Fresh waffles, fruit, juice and milk. We had to ask to have more coffee made but they did so promptly without any hestitation. The waffle batter lever broke and left a mess but the gal cleaned it up promptly and was cheerful. It would have been nice to have bacon or sausage or egg.......We agreed we would go there again without any hestitation. Staff was always cheerful toward us. We had a good time there.

Room Tip: It is not a new hotel, it has been there for a very long time. If you want a new place; go to a new...
St. Louis
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

A friend and I had a very brief stay planned in Duluth and for the price as per Expedia, I thought the Spirit Mountain Inn would be a good choice (about 70 bucks). Walking in the door, the whole place smelled like chlorine, obviously from the hotel's pool. The gentleman who was attending the front desk was friendly - he ran my credit card, gave me my two room keys, and then my guest and I headed down the hall to the room. Opening up the door, the room featured two beds, a sink, cable TV, a small refrigerator and microwave. As we were exhausted, I immediately settled in and took a shower. Just above the shower head was a large spider. Wasn't expecting this! Despite our unwelcome visitor, I slept decently well here - the pillows and mattress were acceptable but not exceptional. In the morning, I headed down to check out the free breakfast - basically a do-it-yourself waffle maker (germ city!) and a self-serve juice machine that looks like a gas station soda fountain (germ city!). Pass. Thankfully I packed an oatmeal bar which held me over for a few hours. For another $20 (and given that the cab fare from downtown to this location in Proctor, MN, was $20, plus tip, there was no real savings here), I think I would've rather stayed closer into downtown Duluth at a classier hotel.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Skeptical because they were about half the price of anywhere else in Duluth, but pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean and comfortable,and the staff was helpful and extremely friendly. Nice pool and arcade. Only drawback was the separate spa and sauna.

Room Tip: A few miles to drive to downtown and the waterfront, but what a view on the way,
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Duluth Spirit Mountain Inn - Americas Best Value? Share your experiences!