“Paid way to much” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Paid way to much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I've stayed at this Radisson 6 or 7 times. I only had one bad experience a few stays ago. I don't mind this hotel when the price is worth it. I usually pay about $155 this time it cost $270. I figured they did a bunch of improvements, but they didn't. Only problem I had was the trouble in finding a parking space and I really hate those sleep number beds. Luckily they told me they are getting rid of them. Looking forward to the upcoming renovations.

Room Tip: Ask for lakeview. So much better experience.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Minneapolis, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

The rectangular annex building is filthy and old and the round tower leaks inside the rooms if it rains. The lobby looks cute, but everything else seems to left to get moldy and gross. I would not use my brand name on this hotel if I were them.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Aaron P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Duluth-Harborview, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for your most recent stay. We are in the planning stage of a full renovation so all of your comments to help us as we go forward with this plan. I hope you will check back in with us to see our new updates.
Stillwater
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Very good for the price paid. Lake side rooms give a great view of the harbor, and the comings & goings of the lakers, at least in the summer. Have stayed here many times and have always enjoyed our stays.

Minneapolis, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Hotel staff make a mistake on my reservation and bill, took a long time to work it out and still not fixed with my credit card. Requested refrigerator prior to arrival and everyday at the front desk. Every day different excuses, no one made effort to make it happen. Facility is old and need to be updated.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Aaron P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Duluth-Harborview, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
I am very sorry for the lack of our Yes I Can attitude. We sadly only have so many fridges on our property and sometimes they dont always become available when we expect. This will be rectified during our upcoming renovation. I also have brought up to our accounting about the charging errors and we will get that resolved for you.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Stayed here on a Saturday night with my daughter to go shopping. When we arrived there was no handicapped parking available. I saw four spots only. Managed to find a spot on the upper deck. We made the mistake to go out for dinner and when we returned there was no parking and was told to park in the overflow lot. I indicated that I was an above knee amputee and the manager indicated there was nothing they could do. Luckily my daughter was with me as the overflow lot is on a steep hill. I would have had great difficulties if I did not have help. Lucky for me I was not in a wheel chair! Not at all accessible! The room was very old and we woke up the next morning to find out that none of our devices charged as the electrical outlets did not work. We paid $200 for a very upsetting stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
I am very sorry for the situations you dealt with while here. I apologize for the limited handicap parking. We are working on a renovation plan and this has been noted as something to rectify. Please do conact me soon so that we may come up with a plan to compensate you.
Chicago, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Old. Unkempt. Don't be fooled by the photos of the updated lobby. You could hear everything through the walls and windows. My drapes had holes in them. Room wasn't cleaned until 5 p.m. Tiny rooms and bathrooms. The swimming pool and whirlpool were disgusting.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

I do apologize for your most recent stay with us. I would like to inform you that we are recently under new owners and are planning a full renovation. We take these reviews and feedback seriously and will use this information as we plan the renovation.
Cottage Grove, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Where do I begin...when we first arrived, I noticed that despite people having their hands full with bags/luggage, they do not have automatic doors - so make sure you have an available hand to pull two sets of doors.
The elevators...ARE YOU KIDDING ME??! 15 floors, a completely booked hotel, and you have TWO elevators??! (I've been able to catch an elevator quicker when kids are playing on them.)
I decided when I needed to run back outside to my car, that any trips to the car were going to be a feat, so I decided against the elevators, and thought, it's only 4 floors, I can use the stairs. That is, if you can find them. They are unmarked! My 5 year old son discovered the doorway on the lobby level because, as a 5 year old, we'll pull any door open - there happened to be an employee walking by who of course was wondering what we were doing. He then advised that one of the 4 doors inside this utility room, was in fact the stairwell. Nice.
The parking arrangement: Not good. We returned Saturday night to a completely full parking lot; thankfully there were security guards outside directing folks. We had to park a block away in the bowling alley parking lot, which of course stated "no hotel parking". So, you run the risk of being towed away. So again, between the elevator/stair issue, and parking a block away - don't forget ANYTHING in your car!! My mom actually asked me if they still had valet parking...what a joke!
The room itself was decent, however I didn't realize there's no mini-fridge or microwave, so plan accordingly if you intend to have leftovers or snacks that need to be refrigerated or warmed (respectively). The floors are concrete so there was no noise. The bathroom is certainly outdated, but it was functional. I personally enjoyed the sleep number bed, however, it was like sleeping on a waterbed, as it was a single chamber. My husband is easily 100 lbs more than me, so each time he got out of bed, I would go flying up, but that wasn't a big deal. Most hotel beds are so hard, so this was a nice change.
We essentially just slept in this room, as we were out exploring the town during our 1 day stay. We didn't use the pool (despite having children - we went to the Edgewater for the day). Nor did we eat at the hotel restaurant(s). Which leads me to my biggest gripe right now, and that is, we had initially reserved 2 rooms, however, due to unforeseen circumstances, we cancelled one of them within 24 hours. I never received any initial confirmation email from Travelocity or the Radisson confirming my reservations at all. When I called to cancel one room, I was given a cancellation number. Ok great. I checked my credit card, and I've still been charged for 2 rooms, plus an additional "unknown" $50 charge. Again, we did nothing but sleep in this room.
I'm LESS than pleased with this stay, and I'm working on contacting customer service.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Aaron P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Duluth-Harborview, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Thank you for bringing all this to my attention. I do apologize in whole for your stay. We try to get 00% guest satisfaction every time. I would like to invite you to email me as I do not have your direct contact information from this site. email me at aaron.peterson@radisson.com I would like to discuss how I may compensate you for these troubles in addition to rectifying to charges you have mentioned.

Been to Radisson Hotel Duluth-Harborview? Share your experiences!