“Good!” 3 of 5 stars

Winsted, Minnesota
“Good!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Slow check in!
Also, no info on how to get to elevators!
No info provided about the GREAT Restuarant on the top level offering great food and VIEWS!
It was a shame i found it for breakfast the next day and had eaten at Broadwalk could have gone upstairs and enjoyed food and the view at sunset!

Room Tip: The hotel has a great resturant on the 14th floor that rotates and gives a great view of the entire...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Aaron P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Duluth-Harborview, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you for your review. I have followed up on this information with the restaurant team. We do advertise the restaurant information, but it is true that it is not as clearly as is could be. Thank you we will be stepping up our game on this.

394 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Gladstone, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This hotel is absolutely worn out. The baggage carts wheels wobble so bad, they are hard to steer. The elevators vibrate and groan terribly, only to be outdone by the awful sound of grating metal when the doors open.

Our room had a hole in the wall next to the bottom by the floor. The heater needs paint terribly. At first I thought is was dirty, but it was just old and cracked paint. The carpets are outdated, worn and need a good shampooing. Our internet connection would time out if you left it unattended for about 20 minutes or so and you had to log-in again. The last night I couldn't even log in. I called the desk and the fellow who answered offered to help me out if I brought my computer down to the front desk. I just didn't want to bother. Duluth is a great small city, though.

Room Tip: I can't respond to this one. I would guess any room would be okay, other than being outdated and...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Duluth-Harborview, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
We apologize for the problems you encountered regarding the condition of the guest room and the general condition of the hotel as well. Management is aware of these issues and we are currently devising strategies to take the steps necessary to improve our property. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments as it enables us to solve problems and better the experiences of our future guests.
St. Paul
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has seen better days. I recommend staying at one of the other Duluth hotels. The showers don't drain, sleep number bed was deflated on one side and rock hard on the other (remote just said error), hall and room carpets stained, furniture stained, wallpaper peeling off walls, wireless isn't great and didn't work at all in restaurant.

The restaurant had a good view and the lobby is newer.

Won't be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room, including the functioning of the bed and condition of the room. We will discuss these conditions with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care at your earliest convenience.
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We arrived and were greated by friendly staff. Room was quite nice and comfortable. Not a fan of sleep number beds but personal choice. JJ Astor restaurant good food and view of area as it revolves. Hotel was quite full our weekend so it took a bit of time to get an elevator. Only issue was the parking because of the political convention and wedding that same weekend. Crawling with cars and parking should have been reserved for paying guests.

Room Tip: Apparently floors six and higher were redone a few years ago.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Aaron P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Duluth-Harborview, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We here at the Radisson pride ourselves with a Yes I Can attitude. We will be doing a full hotel renovation starting this fall which will include replacing all the Sleep Number Beds. The parking is an area we are working on. I do apologize for that situation for sure.
The feedback you give does help us pinpoint areas to work on and hopefully prevent it from happening again.
Fargo, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Overall, my husband and I were extremely dissatisfied staying at this hotel. The lobby area is somewhat nice...and that is about it. When you first start going to your room, you notice how filthy and stained the hall carpets are..and then you get to your room, and things don't get much better. The carpets were filthy and the bed skirts were very noticeably stained. The beds were hard as rocks and the "sleep number" remote didn't work. Every time I would take a shower the tub would completely fill up with water..the drain was open, it just didn't drain, so that was pretty disgusting. Then after almost filling up the entire bathtub, I do to make coffee only to find that an old, used coffee filter was still in the coffee maker. There went my morning coffee. The hotel overall is very outdated and the staff put in the most minimal effort possible. Besides that, it really isn't within the heart of the site seeing places around duluth. It wasn't too far of a walk to the major areas, but it definitely isn't within the main areas of town. Honestly, I feel this hotel is really disgraceful to the "Radisson" name. This hotel should not be able to have that label on the building. Basically, I would advise staying elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. I have noted all your concerns to pass on to our team. It is true the hotel has shown its age a little, but I would like you to know that we are recently under new ownership and management with a full renovation plan in the works to fix those areas you commented about. Please do check back soon to hear about the new look and ideas coming soon.

If you have any question feel free to call or email me
Aaron Peterson
Guest Relations Manager
Radisson Duluth-Harborview
218-727-8981 ext 4001
aaron.peterson@radisson.com
Brooklyn Center
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

This is a tired, old hotel. Although an attempt has been made to create pleasant public spaces, these efforts fall short overall.

I was briefly encouraged to see a "Sleep Number" remote on the bed. It did not work. The bed was deflated or largely so. Were it not for the pillow top, sleep would have been a challenge at best.

The bathroom... first of all the shower head nearly fell off. I fixed it. Then,the drain would not stay open and it needed to be re moved. Last, the tile grout was filthy.

For the savings offered (to convention attendees), this hotel fell flat. I will not return and instead will pay a bit more for a lot more!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Aaron P, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Duluth-Harborview, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
I am very very sorry about the issues you incurred while staying with us. We here at the Radisson Duluth take reviews and criticism seriously. I am sorry that we were unable to have the opportunity to make it right for you. I would however like to inform you that your feedback is extremely helpful and I have forwarded them on to our new owners. They have a plan for a full hotel renovation to begin Fall 2014. So these issues will be fixed. Thank you again and I apologize.
Tri-Cities, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

I spent a lot of time reading the reviews before I decided to book this hotel. This is really a matter of expectations. If you have stated other Raddison properties, then you may have high expectations that will not be realized. At least I didn't think that the stay at this hotel was any different, than stays I've had at Red Lion hotels, Holiday Inns, or even some older Hilton Hotels. And for the rate I was able to negotiate, with an upgrade to a small suite, I received value for money. This is often the case with older hotel properties (this hotel was built in 1969). The reason this is not a four star review is because, the hotels Wi-FI connections were difficult if not impossible to use. This is the first thing that the hotel needs to fix. Because the business traveler, needs wi-fi, and it needs to be good. As a leisure traveller this wasn't a necessity, but it appeared to be a problem in past reviews. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The pool area (while it could use an update) was adequate. We had breakfast at the restaurant, the view is spectacular. The room was clean, the bathroom was small, but clean. The room had a fridge and flat screen TV. So if you know what this property is and you get a good rate. Then you should have a good stay.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. It is true we are showing our age, but to inform you we are going to be doing a full renovation. The renovation will begin this fall, the wifi will be included in this renovation. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Been to Radisson Hotel Duluth-Harborview? Share your experiences!