“Not typical Radisson” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Not typical Radisson”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Booked on Priceline so the sting was not as bad. As a 100 night a year corporate traveler I see a lot of different hotels, we are led to believe that all hotels or restaurants that carry the same name are of the same quality...not so with any chain...This Radisson was adequate but not what we expect...outside and lobby experience, set us up for a room letdown...don't get me wrong it wasn't missing anything....view was lakeside and great...room was decorated about 15 years ago...it was clean and had a comfortable adjustable bed. I checked in late and left early so it covered my bases other than being more like a Howard Johnson's than a Radisson...Every employee I encountered from check in to the maid was friendly and helpful....positive notes are great beds and shower..I stayed on 14 th floor..

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Aaron P, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Duluth-Harborview, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you very much for your review. The feedback it greatly appreciated and helps us to pinpoint exactly how to improve our Hotel and its services to you. The Radisson Hotel Duluth is recently under new ownership and management and we will be planning updates and renovations soon. The Radisson Duluth has been serving guests for over 40 years and we are proud to do so. Check back with us soon to find out more.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Hotel is old and outdated. No fan in bathroom. Extremely hot water (Burning). Not all rooms have sleep number beds as advertised. Elevators are slow. Staff was friendly and changed us to a new room the next day.

Room Tip: Ask for view on the lake.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review.I am very sorry about your recent stay. I have forwarded this information on to our new management company and owners. The Radisson Hotel Duluth is now under new ownership and management. Expect big changes and new remodels and renovations to happen soon. Our Hotel has proudly served guests for over 40 years and we plan to bring it back to level of standards that many people fell in love with in the past. Check back soon.
Crystal, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I booked a room on a third party website for a two day stay. Upon arrival we could not get keys because the system was down. Don't be fooled by the way the updated lobby looks. The elevator and entire third floor smelled like an ashtray. So much for smoke free. The room was out dated and dirty. Popcorn on the floor, visually dirty carpet, dirty walls, plaster crumbling by the elevator, mildew on the shower curtain. We would have checked out if we hadn't prepaid on the third party website. Very poor service I was questioned on why I wanted more pillows and towels. We were there to see Duluth and tried to spend as much time out of the hotel room as possible. I didn't feel comfortable at all. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014
RHONDA H, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Duluth-Harborview, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
We have been serving guest for over 40 years. It is our goal that each and every guest has a great experience. We apologize if perhaps we fell short on your recent stay. We always love to hear from our guest and take each and every comment to heart. We appreciate you letting us know and we assure you that we are addressing the items that you mentioned.

Rhonda Hausman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We came here after staying somewhere else one night and were very pleased. The front desk person was very welcoming and checked us in quickly. The hotel has a cool mix of age and modern remodeling. The location is great for downtown too. I'm sure it's not as nice as other Radissons but my wife and I enjoyed out stay and will be back!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. We have been serving guest for over 40 years and always enjoy hearing from our guest. We have a great location, great value, and an amazing hotel family to serve you!

We look forward to having an opportunity to serve you and your wife again!

Rhonda Hausman
Thunder Bay, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We booked out reservation thru hotels.com, not sure if that made a difference, but our room was old, outdated and noisy. We thought since we were just in for one night, we would make due. Big mistake. Our room was on the 3rd floor, close to parking lot. All night we could hear people talking outside. The walls in this hotel were so thin I could hear a person coughing all night. Someone tried to break into our room, I had to put the chair up against the door because every time someone would close their door, ours would rattle. I complained to front desk at check out. The person didn't seem to care about our stay. From what I can see we didn't save that much by going thru hotels.com. Would not stay here again anytime soon

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Customer Care at Radisson Hotel Duluth-Harborview, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
We sincerely apologize for your experience at our Radisson Hotel Duluth Harborview. Providing a good night of sleep in the best possible accomodation is a trade mark of the Radisson brand and we deeply regret if we were unable to meet your expectations. We would like to discuss the issues you experienced further and will appreaciate it if you can contact our corporate office at your earliest convenience. We look forward hearing from you.

Regards,
Jamestown, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

No security cameras on the property. Was in the hotel for less than an hour and was robbed in my room. I was told all doors need a room key to enter hotel but a door in the skyway lets anyone (including the homeless population) enter the property to roam the floors!! DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ally S, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Duluth-Harborview, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Kristine B,

I first want to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. I assure you I will be looking into this matter. We take these allegations very seriously. I assure you this is not something that happens at our property. Again I do apologize.
Anchorage, AK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This hotel is just so tired. If you’re looking for a pleasant lodging experience, look elsewhere.

I found hair in the guest glasses and brought it to the front desk manager’s attention. Sean, the front desk manager, immediately took care of the issue. But I found myself not wanting to use any of the replacement glasses or the ice bucket, which was cracked on the bottom, looked dirty and unsanitary.

In the room, our “Sleep Number” beds didn’t work at all. After checking whether they were plugged in properly, we realized the beds were just broke – and sagged in all the wrong places.

Parking on the weekend, if you could find a spot, was a major challenge. At one point, my husband got stuck in the elevator; the elevator doors were very slow to close and would only do so after an alarm went off.

For a hotel this size, I was surprised when I ran out of hot water in the shower. And let’s talk about the “business center.” Good grief! Wear your coat if you’re going to use the business center, which is positioned next to a big glass wall in the lobby. When it’s -10 degrees outside and the wind is blowing, the open work station (a large desk with two chairs) gets downright cold.

Finally, using the Radisson’s wireless network was a real problem; our personal email system treated their network as suspect and it was blocked.

We definitely won’t be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Ally S, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Hotel Duluth-Harborview, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Ann S,

Thank you so much for your feedback, it is very important to us. I will talk to our maintenance staff about your concerns with the business center and the wireless internet. We take all suggestions seriously and we will see if there is anyway we can improve for a future visit. Thank you for staying with us. I do hope you will give us another chance to wow you!

Been to Radisson Hotel Duluth-Harborview? Share your experiences!