“Had a great stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
A TripAdvisor Member
“Had a great stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

They gave us a great deal for our swim team to stay, and we all were happy. We had a great room with a view of the lake. The pool area was nice and big, and accomidated our group nicely. The front desk staff was very nice. I was very concerned after reading all the bad reviews, but then was very pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It was nice and very conviently located.

Becca R, Manager at Radisson Hotel Duluth-Harborview, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
I am glad to see that your swim team had a great stay at Radisson Duluth and that our facility and location accommodated your group well. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Duluth. Good luck with the remainder of your season. Thank you for being our guest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Roseville, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I've given your hotel an Average grade. For me, your hotel loses points for it's room issues but saves itself with customer service and location. With the exception of the lobby, the hotel is, in fact, quite dated. I was happy to hear that the property is expecting to begin full renovation in 2014. This is great news to us, because the hotel is perfectly located for access to the convention center and the main drag of downtown Duluth. Having stayed in countless hotels in my life, I know that not all properties can be brand new. One thing that is easy to control, and boost a guests experience, is level of customer service. When we brought issues to the attention of staff, we were met with quick and appropriate responses. Then, after check-out, we were quickly contacted by Director of Rooms to make sure that our issues were fixed to our satisfaction. They were. You can't always be the newest hotel in town, but good customer service will always shine through. We'll be happy to see what this hotel looks like after renovation in 2014.

Room Tip: Don't like the room? The lobby is very cozy for catching up on work or reading!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of Radisson Duluth Harborview. I really appreciate your comments regarding our staff and I am very glad that they were the highlight of your stay. I hope that we will see you back after our renovation. Thank you for being our guest!
Waconia, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This was the 2nd time that we tried to stay at this hotel and it was terrible again! Room was terrible dirty, hadn't been cleaned, we found random garbage everywhere and it stunk like cigarettes even though it was a no smoking room. The entire building needs remodeling and for the amount of money that you spend in a night one would think that it wouldn't be that hard of an undertaking to do. Worst hotel we have ever had the misfortune of booking with and that's coming from someone who once stayed at a budget inn. Do yourself a favor and do NOT stay here!

Room Tip: No room is worth the stay
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Becca R, Manager at Radisson Hotel Duluth-Harborview, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Anna K,

Thank you for your recent stay at Radisson Duluth Harborview and for your review. We appreciate all guest feedback.

I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness or condition of the hotel.

We are in the beginning stages of planning a full room renovation that we expect to begin in 2014.

Please accept my sincere apology for your disappointment and feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your stay.

Becca Richards
Director of Rooms
(218) 727-8981 ext 4001
Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This place is one word - sad. After you pass the lobby, it goes down hill quick. Only 5 minutes into our room and we notice the "fancy" sleep number bed doesn't work. When maintenance can't figure it out, we get upgraded to the Presidential Suite - seems nice, right? WRONG. The room was just as pathetic as the first - with another "junkyard-sale-style" sleep number bed, paper thin walls, and to top it off, the moving restaurant above made noise all night. Not to mention the
Janky elevators
Terribly slow wi-fi
NO CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST EITHER.
As the nearest hotel for our wedding at the Depot, we decided to give it a trial run and instead of directing guests here, we will make sure they DO NOT stay here. What a bust! There are so many better options in Duluth, stay anywhere, but here!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CarlsonRezidor, Online Support Specialist at Radisson Hotel Duluth-Harborview, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Walker, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Right away at check-in, front desk staff was not helpful- not talkative. We had a few questions about the hotel and the area and felt rushed to get out of there as a large group was checking in behind us- seemed they took more priority than us- just celebrating our anniversary. So we walked out to get our luggage with a bad first impression. Got to our room and it looked NOTHING like the photos online look- this room was run down, stains all over the carpet, walls outdated, luggage rack spotted and dirty, hair on our comforter, dirty shoe prints on the bathroom floor, scratched up everything- the TV was OLD and LOUD- sounded like it might start on fire, no joke. There was visible spots and grim on each and every surface, the mirror in the room was downright gross. I took photos of all of it because I was disgusted. There was a random large scratched up fridge sitting in the room- looked very out of place. We decided to use the hot tub during our stay- seemed like the jets were broken as they were shooting water up and out and they were quite obnoxious to use- there are no bathrooms in the pool area- seemed like a bad idea. The hot tub is very small as well, seats maybe 3 adults and then it gets very awkward. Very out dated and grungy looking hotel- they tried to make the lobby nice looking but appears as though they don't keep up with cleaning things very well- the bar downstairs was empty Saturday night, so we opted to go somewhere else. We didn't go to the upstairs restaurant either- there was no appeal. They don't advertise it very well in the hotel. I didn't even know there was room service. We just left on Sunday without going down to the lobby- where we would have been snubbed anyway! Will not be staying there again. As a former Carlson employee, I was pretty unhappy with this property and the customer service.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Lutsen, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were excited to stay at the Radisson but found it really lacking in several areas. We requested 2 queens were given 2 doubles. The beds were horrible. They were some version of a controllable air bed but whenever I or my wife would move or get up the other would hit the hard under wood--quite ridiculous clearly management has never tried to sleep in one. Second, nowhere to sit in the room except 1 small cheap stack able chair which may have sort of worked for a business person but NOT for a couple. Food served to our group was not even close to being good. It was actually bad and neither of us finished but a few bites each night. We visited the pool area in our plain clothes and decided we would not use it as it involved going up and down an elevator in our swim trunks and walking through the lobby in same, not to mention it looked like an outdated Y or something. This place could be nice, great views of Duluth, nice lobby, nice looking restaurants, good location, it was clean. It just needs a huge investment. Would not return unless I had to.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms overlooking the Duluth bridge and without an air actuated bed.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Becca R, Manager at Radisson Hotel Duluth-Harborview, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay.

I am truly sorry you were so disappointed with our hotel and restaurant and hope you will accept my sincere apology! We want all of our guests to receive the best in service and facilities and I am very concerned that we fell short. We value all guest input and use it to improve our operation. I have shared your experiences with our entire management team.

We are in the beginning stages of planning a 2014 renovation that will update the hotel rooms to meet the needs and expectations of our guests.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the food that you ordered. I have shared your comments with the Food and Beverage Director.

I hope you will consider giving us a chance to regain your trust. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to further discuss your stay or provide more feedback regarding your meal.

Becca Richards
(218) 727-8981 ext. 4001
Mequon, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed for one night at this hotel in Duluth. Sleep number beds were interesting and reasonably comfortable. Hotel is rather dated. We were on the 15th floor in a king room. Bathroom small...shower had mildew and the sink drain would not close..TV reception was sketchy and wi-fi was very slow. No valet service for car parking. Staff was friendly upon check-in but staff in rotating restaurant were not very attentive. Sports bar had no one in it to provide bar service ???? TVs were on but no one was there....strange. Elevators very slow! Would only stay again if there was not other option.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for reviewing Radisson Duluth Harborview. I am sorry that you were disappointed with the appearance and condition of the hotel. We are in the beginning stages of planning a 2014 renovation that will update the guest rooms. I have shared your comments with housekeeping and maintenance so that we can address the issues that you mentioned.

I am disappointed that there wasn't anyone to help you in the Bowery Bros. bar and assure you that giving great service is our number one goal. I am glad the front desk was friendly.

Please feel free to contact me by phone or email if there is anything that I can do to make amends. Thank you for being our guest.

(218) 727-8981 ext 4001

Been to Radisson Hotel Duluth-Harborview? Share your experiences!