“Great Days/Nights in Experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Duluth/By Miller Hill Mall

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Duluth/By Miller Hill Mall to your Saves list
Days Inn Duluth/By Miller Hill Mall
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   909 Cottonwood Avenue, Hwy 53 North & Hwy 194, Duluth, MN 55811   |
Ranked #14 of 32 hotels in Duluth
New York City, New York
“Great Days/Nights in Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

This Days Inn comes with a very helpful staff, namely Cheryl who immediately greeted us with a smile and warm welcoming. She was very interested in our travel and business in the city and gave us some very helpful recommendations of things to do in beautiful Duluth. The Hotel is located at the top of the hill that is Duluth with an awesome view, great access to restaurants, and a short ride to the downtown area. The beds were perfect, and outside noise was non-existent. Great amenities too: nachos, popcorn and cookies at night! Unfortunately the hot tub was out of order, but it is good to know that most Days Inns care about providing such services. Would definitely consider returning to this location if I find myself in Duluth again. Thank you for the wonderful stay.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

493 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Holdingford, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

I have now stayed at this Days Inn 3 years in a row. The rooms are on the smaller side, but very well kept. Beds are comfortable. Rates are cheap. Good breakfast items, free wifi, and many nearby attractions and eateries make this a great place. I would recommend it to anyone, whether with kids or not.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Fargo, ND
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

For the most part I enjoyed my stay at this place, My room, although small, was clean and had a fridge. The employees were very nice and made sure I was comfortable. There were a few things though, that I didn't like. The exercise room doesn't open till 7:30 am, which makes it tough for us business people who want to work out before the work day starts. I asked, and there were no exceptions to this rule. Also, it's a smoking facility. My room didn't smell too badly, but as soon as I walked out into the hallway, it reeked of cigarette smoke. Would I stay here again. Probably, because the good outweighed the bad. A clean room is the MOST important thing to me...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Chesterfield, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

Located across from the largest mall in Duluth, and in an area with lots of restaurants, the Days Inn is in a great location. I ended up in Room 135 which was down in the basement, or at least at ground level. The room was VERY small, with virtually no room for luggage or walking. I was not happy with this room, but after I while I noticed it was very quiet, and just a short walk to my car, so it worked out. The wireless internet worked fine and was a moderate speed. The room had a nice work chair and desk, along with a small refrigerator and large Television. Breakfast was good with thick bread and make your own waffles. They have popcorn in the evening and cookies at 8pm. The indoor hot tub was wonderful with lots of jets for your feet and lower back which was great after a day of hiking in state parks. I thought the price was kind of high at $67 + 13% tax, and they added an extra fee of $1.62 per day for the safe, but overall I had a good stay and would stay here again if I was in Duluth.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

Be wary of the additional charges for the room safe, automatically tacked on to your bill every night. They appear in your bill as "Safe w/Ltd Warranty" and "Safe Tax." The desk clerk at check out told me that you are supposed to let them know when checking in whether you will be using the safe or not. Because there was no posted notice and because I was not informed ahead of time I say they have a scam going here. I suspect many unknowingly pay this additional charge.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Plymouth, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

Days Inn in Duluth is my preferred Duluth hotel. We stay there often, and in fact I had a very nice stay there 3 days ago. Staff members are mostly very helpful, rooms are simple but very clean, and the location is not scenic but it is right in the heart of Duluth's shopping area. I've previously written one of the better reviews of this hotel on Trip Advisor.

This hotel is 5 minutes from DLH, so I'm disappointed to say that this is not the hotel to reserve if you are flying into Duluth. If your flight gets cancelled or delayed and it's after 4 PM, even if you call as soon as you know, you will be charged for the room. There are limited flights into Duluth and for various reasons, a fair number get waylaid or delayed (the #1 reason is called Chicago O'Hare, the source of many Duluth flights). In my case, I knew by 5 PM Duluth time that my flight had been grounded and our first call was to the Days Inn. There was a fair amount of time left to re-rent that room. Instead, I'm paying a premium June Saturday price for a Days Inn where I'm not staying, while I pay 1/3rd the price for a luxury Hyatt hotel where I am.

We'll stay at the Days Inn again, no doubt. I'll even continue to recommend it through our business under the right circumstances. But I won't stay there again or recommend it again if airline flights into Duluth are involved. Considering their unforgiving cancellation policy, it's an unnecessary risk.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Albert Lea, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

This is a great hotel to stay at! The rooms were outstanding and very clean, and the staff was excellent and very nice! The location is good too, it took about 8 minutes to get downtown or to canal park, but, all in all it was a great place to stay at! Thank you for a great stay and service!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Duluth/By Miller Hill Mall? Share your experiences!