“Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
“Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2004

My family and I have had the pleasure of staying in Duluth at least a half dozen times this past year. We initially selected the Comfort Inn strictly by chance. I haven't considered staying anywhere else since.
The staff has always been friendly and have gone out of their way to show their appreciation for our return business. It would be nice if the motel were located a little closer to Duluth's Canal Park area, (the major restaurant district and entertainment district), but it's only a couple minutes away via the freeway.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2003

First of all, the beds were very fun to jump on. And the pool was a little cold., but good size. The hallway to our room smelled of burning cigarrettes. They had Belgium Waffles for Breakfast that were excellent!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2002

For months my fiancee and I have planned a get away. We both are employed in the duluth area. He is blind, and called several times to hotel to find out information, we heard that we could get a room with a hot tub for $89 plus tax.
When we got there we were told without a major credit card, we could not give a local check. So back home we went to get his card. But we managed to get the cash instead. So again on return the manager ( only made our unpleasnt situation more unpleasant by her attitude) informed us we needed the license plate # to sign, so out side I go to get the # of my plate, which I couldn't write out the pen went through the paper. Finally we get our room. And our first plan was to relax and forget it all in the hot tub. I filled it up got unpacked. And let Bob know where everything was in the room, remember I mentioned he is blind. And got into the hot tub, only second later it turned off and would not come back on. We called the desk and the gentleman came to the room. He could not start it either, and suggested another room. (He was very nice, but still it's not to relaxing to have to move again) So once again we packed up, which was another inconveince to us and go to our second room next door. #104 which did work. Only opposite of the last room, I showed Bob again where things where. But the frustration of all of this was to much. I suggest that in the future you give out information, such as cash or a major credit card. And my fiancee did call at least 4 times. WHY? didn't they say something then? Also that you need the license plate # Our intentions were to spend two evening. We left after one. As for returning we have to think about it. After all it was your mistake not to give out important information, needed to register in your Comfort Inn Duluth, 3900 West Superior St. and your problem not checking the hot tub before people take the room.
Robert Gurerrero/Terri Walsh
215 Osakis St
Duluth, Mn 55803

Been to Comfort Inn West? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Comfort Inn West

Address: 3900 W. Superior St., Duluth, MN 55807
Location: United States > Minnesota > Duluth
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#9 Romantic Hotel in Duluth
#10 Family Hotel in Duluth
#11 Business Hotel in Duluth
Hotel Class:2 star — Comfort Inn West 2*
The Comfort Inn West is located off I-35 at 40th Avenue West Exit, minutes from downtown Duluth, Canal Park and Spirit Mountain. Business travelers will appreciate free wireless high-speed Internet access in all rooms. Guests will enjoy, indoor pool, hot tub/sauna and deluxe continental breakfast featuring scrambled eggs and bacon! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn West Hotel Duluth
Comfort Inn Duluth
Duluth Comfort Inn

If you own or manage Comfort Inn West, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.