“Another good stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Another good stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I use this property 4 to 6 times per year. It is older, but very well maintained and they seem to be constantly updating the various areas of the hotel. Rooms always clean, breakfast always good, and the staff is friendly. An excellent choice with reasonable rates during the week. Weekend rates are high, but that is true of all the Duluth area hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Oak Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Me and my husband stayed in Duluth for our anniversary. The Comfort Inn West is clean, friendly staff, and a great complimentary continental breakfast. I would highly recommond this hotel to my freinds and family

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow. They only had little square pillows and I woke up with a neck ache
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I can highly recommend the hotel. We stayed there on New Year's Eve on our way home to Winnipeg. GPS found the destination without any problems. Plenty of free parking. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The King's room excellent with all the conveniences. The free breakfast includes a variety of options, both continental and hot buffet. There is nice swimming pool, which we did not use. On our road from Nova Scotia to Manitoba this was by far the best over night stay. We definitely will use the hotel again, when travelling that route. Unfortunately they do not have a restaurant, but we had the best ever pizza delivered from VIP Pizza restaurant.

Room Tip: We were offered a quiet room so we would not be bothered by possible noise from New years eve celebr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

After spending last year at the edge water hotel for my hockey tournament, I wanted to try something different this year, since I was disappointed at the edge. Upon arrival I was given a complimentary upgrade to a king suite, which was extremely nice. It included an in room jacuzzi, which came in very handy after my tourney. It also had a very large and comfortable bed. The complimentary morning breakfast was fantastic, more than expected. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I also liked the location since its just off 35 as you come into Duluth. I will be returning here next year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Nort Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have stayed in Duluth many times, but this was my first stay at Comfort Inn West. It is right off I35, (maybe three blocks away). Yet I never heard a sound of the highway. The property is extremely clean and well maintained. The staff is delightfully friendly and helpful. My room was warm, quiet and comfortable.

I really couldn't recommend it more!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed here for our daughter's hockey tournament. The staff was very unreasonable. They were yelling at the kids to get in their rooms and be quiet before 10pm. The pool was still open and they were all getting yelled at. They had a security guard walking the hallways yelling at kids before it was quiet time. We did not enjoy our stay here at all. The kids did not have fun and we all felt like we were walking on egg shells. We were told that our entire team would be kicked out if they didn't quiet down. Nobody was making any noise - the girls were in two rooms watching movies. Keep in mind, this was all before 10:00 p.m. on a Friday night. DO NOT STAY HERE if you are in Duluth for any kind of tournament.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Wonderful hotel with all the amenities you need for a pleasurable stay. Very friendly staff that went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. Would highly recommend this hotel. If you stay here, you'll walk away as impressed as I was. If I were to give them a grade, I'd give them an "A". If they would have had a Fitness Room, it would have gotten an "A+" (although they offered use of a Anytime Fitness within 5 minutes from the hotel).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn West? Share your experiences!