“Total lack of respect!!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #159 of 226 restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Bakery
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Total lack of respect!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I had been emailing with Jessica(the owner) for over 6 weeks about my fall wedding. I was told my date was open, we discussed menus, and was even give a very detailed quote. I emailed her last week-end to ask if we could meet since we would be in town next week-end. She told me that we could, but she would have to check her calendar to set a time. So she emailed me and told me that we could come on Saturday- so I told her I would get back to her later to set a time because I was waiting on other vendor appt times since I am planning my wedding from MPLS. Then not even a half hour later I got another email from her telling me that my wedding date had been booked already and wished me lucked on my wedding. I immediately called her to tell her how dissapointed I was that I wasted all this time planning menus with her to just be dropped like a hot potato. She could have cared less!!!! I told her that I am happy that I learned how she runs her business before I forked over $2,000 to her. She was rude, and unprofessional. I would most definately NOT use Red Swan Catering!!! Unreliable and very disrespectful and this was the owner I was dealing with! Imagine the example she sets for her employees!

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
minneapolis
“Too disappointing for words”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Attended a wedding catered by Red Swan and they ran out of the food (chicken, fish, vegetables, bread, etc) after 1/3 of the guests were through the buffet line and it took them way too long to recover (60 minutes +), too few servers, no real leadership/ management on site,

Visited October 2012
Amery, Wisconsin
“Delicious & beautiful wedding cake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We ordered a small wedding cake and cupcakes for our wedding in June. I was nervous about how the cake was going to turn out because I asked for a pretty intricate design but it turned out to be very beautiful. Unfortunately I was too busy on the wedding day to try any of the cupcakes but all of the guests said they were tasty and the cake itself was absolutely delicious! I would completely recommend this place for brides looking for a good baker in the area.

Visited June 2012
“Box Lunches- what a selection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I have used Red Swan a few times for catering business meetings. I love how they will let you choose from so many choices that it pleases everyone. The soup is fabulous as well. Their presentation for both Breakfast and lunch is lovely- oh and lets not forget the desserts.... melt in your mouth yummy. (They also have gluten free options :) I won't hesitate calling them again and again!

Visited November 2011