“CINNAMON SCONES!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Great Harvest Bread Co.

No photo provided
Ranked #5 of 9 Bakeries in Duluth
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“CINNAMON SCONES!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

When we arrived at this bakery, it was an hour or so before closing. They had samples out of their cinnamon scones. I am really not a scone person, but these were DELISH! We had to get them. We didn't really get to try much else, so I can't comment on the bread or cookies. But if the scones are indicative of the freshness and taste, I would definitely recommend this place compared to the other bakeries around.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Superior, Wisconsin
“Terrible presentation of an unfortunately terrible sandwich”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stopped at the Great Harvest Bread Co for the first time for a quick lunch. I was initially greeted by a younger male staff member trying to give me a cup of coffee that wasn't mine - which was fine but he was so shy I thought he was asking if I wanted to buy it. As I was looking at the multiple menus I noticed another staff member towards the back of the store take off his hat, wipe his head and run his hand through his hair, and put his hat back on (he later would bring me my sandwich, an unappetizing thought).
I chose the Reuben. The price was a little high - over $8 after tax for the sandwich and a surprise pickle. I looked around the interesting facility while I waited for a few minutes and went back to my office to enjoy.
I took the sandwich out of the bag and it was wrapped in tin foil, I thought it was a great idea to keep it warm. Inside the tin foil was another paper wrapper for the sandwich that didn't want to come off. The bread was rather soggy and I noticed an off taste about the sandwich, minus the lack of thousand island. I finished the first half since I was extremely hungry and picked up the second to find a pickle lightly wrapped next to this half - which explained the odd taste - surprise! I ate less than half of this one and decided it was enough. The meat was very tender and of good quality, but overall the Reuben tasted poorly and was beyond messy. After glancing at the other reviews maybe I just went on an off day but I do not know if I will return, which is unfortunate because I enjoyed the decor and gifts in the shop.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New Ulm, MN
“great place for lunch and special bakery items”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stopped here for lunch and had amazing sandwiches on fresh baked bread that were even better than Panera :). We also were on our way up to a cabin so we bought a load of their cinnamon bread and some of their homemade honey butter and I can't even tell you how good that was!!!! I wish we had this restaurant in the city I lived in.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Out on a honeymoon we ran across this place and the paninis are fantastic! I've never had a scone this good and they have a salted caramel cookie that is to die for! The people are very friendly and helpful. We were greeted immidiatly with samples of fresh baked breads, scones and cookies!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Syracuse, New York
“I happened into the best place ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I was walking from campus back to my motel on a trip to Duluth for school, and I wanted a cup of coffee. I stopped into Great Harvest Bread Co. since all the items on their window stickers were some of my favorite things in a coffee shop. Little did I know I was about to walk into a bread and cookie wonderland with free WiFi. I immediately looked up the TSA regulations on taking baked goods on an airplane. I will definitely be visiting this place every chance I get while in Duluth.

Visited August 2012