“nice small lunch buffet, some variety, fair price” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #130 of 231 Restaurants in Duluth
Cuisines: Indian
Minnesota
“nice small lunch buffet, some variety, fair price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Nice flavors and a little variety of Indian dishes. I am not all that familiar with Indian cuisine, however, I liked everything that I have tried.

Visited August 2013

Breezy Point, Minnesota
“Hungry for Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We enjoyed ordering off of the menu during the lunch buffet time. We felt that the food would be more fresh at the 1 p.m time frame we were there.
We loved our choices. We were disappointed that there was no sauce for us to combat the spicy food, but we ordered the cucumber/yogurt sauce.
It was all very good. We would have paid less for more choices from the buffet, but it was enough for us to eat. We even ordered the home made ice cream, mango, and it was a great experience.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Closed without notice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I was a guest at a local hotel and had a taste for Indian. After reading the mixed reviews I was cautious, but decided to give it a try. The signs said they open at 5pm for dinner so I walked from the hotel arriving around 4:50pm. At around 5:05pm an employee comes out of the locked door and says they are closed for the day due to the weather (snow). No signs to alert customers, no recording on their phone and a very nonchalant worker/manager. I travel for a living and am big on customer service and business' appreciation of their customers. India Palace, you can do better than this.

• Visited April 2014
Duluth, Minnesota
“Nice to have this option in Duluth -- frequent customer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I like this place. I'm a frequent customer here and have been for years, in fact since the day it opened. The buffet is always decent, and usually better than decent. This is not food out of a food service bag, so the taste depends on the chef who is cooking. Naan usually comes out frequently, and dishes usually refilled pretty quickly when they get low.

However, I am not a fan of their Tandoori chicken. The other dishes usually are at least decent and usually good and tasty.

When this restaurant first opened, it was really excellent, and then it slipped badly for a couple of years. I actually stopped going for a couple of years. Since then there have been changes in ownership, and the recent owners have brought up the quality of the food from what it had slipped to, though it's not quite to the level of the original owners.

There are better Indian buffets around, but not in Duluth, and I am glad it's here. And in my view, even an ordinary Indian buffet is lots better than the typical offerings in a town of this size.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Esko, Minnesota, United States
“Great Lunch Buffet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I love India palace! They treat you like family and the food is delicious! For some good bang for you buck try the lunch buffet 11-2pm M-F

• Visited October 2013