“AUTHENTIC CUISINE PLUS AWESOME VIEW” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 231 Restaurants in Duluth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Pasta
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Duluth
“AUTHENTIC CUISINE PLUS AWESOME VIEW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is a very upscale, tastefully decorated small restaurant in Duluth. Prices are very reasonable for the décor and service. I would say, $10 to $20. Everything is home made by an Italian family. You can sit on the inside porch area and look out at the lake and the aerial lift bridge, or inside by the fireplace. Our waitress was very knowledgeable about all menu items.
I had a Panini and my friend had a pasta, plus we each had a sinful dessert. I definitely want to go back. The only drawback was having to park at a meter that only went to one hour 20 minutes. A tip is that about 2 blocks down in front of the Pickwick, are longer meters. Or better yet, just park in Fitgers ramp and shop their shops later. Some purchases offer free parking. Or--if a nice day, park at the Rose Garden free parking lot at 14th avenue east and London Rd and walk about 8 blocks to Va Bene.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very Authentic Italian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I had the angel hair pasta with sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, etc. I found the food to be very authentic; however I prefer to have more garlic in my olive oil and more spice. My wife had pasta with a red sauce and meat balls. I liked the red sauce but not so much the meat balls. The pastas they use here are fabulous and they also have a decent wine list. Definitely one of the better Duluth based restaurants.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Poipu, Hawaii
“A great neighborhood gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on the way to our granddaughter's play. The service was great and the menu full of good looking items. Clearly this is a great place for the non-tourist crowd. The food was very good with good portions. I told my wife that if we lived here we would eat here every week

Visited October 2013
“Great food and view on Lake Superior”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a very nice cafe with excellent food and service. We both had the homemade pasta bar with 3 choices of ingredients with basil-pesto sauce. It was very tasty. My only disappointment was we came for lunch and the fresh bread wasn't ready yet. The view of Lake Superior is excellent from the back of the restaurant.

Duluth, Minnesota
“A delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We just dined at Va Bene this evening and were very pleased. The view of Lake Superior is gorgeous and the atmosphere very pleasant. The staff was friendly. We had been there a short time and our waitress brought us some very tasty, chewy bread and olive oil with balsamic vinegar, without our asking. We ordered wine and received a good amount, not just a taste.I had the Pesto Verdura and it was very good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Va Bene Caffe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Va Bene Caffe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.