“A great neighborhood gem” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pasta
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Poipu, Hawaii
“A great neighborhood gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on the way to our granddaughter's play. The service was great and the menu full of good looking items. Clearly this is a great place for the non-tourist crowd. The food was very good with good portions. I told my wife that if we lived here we would eat here every week

Visited October 2013

89% Recommend
“Great food and view on Lake Superior”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a very nice cafe with excellent food and service. We both had the homemade pasta bar with 3 choices of ingredients with basil-pesto sauce. It was very tasty. My only disappointment was we came for lunch and the fresh bread wasn't ready yet. The view of Lake Superior is excellent from the back of the restaurant.

Duluth, Minnesota
“A delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We just dined at Va Bene this evening and were very pleased. The view of Lake Superior is gorgeous and the atmosphere very pleasant. The staff was friendly. We had been there a short time and our waitress brought us some very tasty, chewy bread and olive oil with balsamic vinegar, without our asking. We ordered wine and received a good amount, not just a taste.I had the Pesto Verdura and it was very good.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stillwater, Minnesota
“Good food but rushed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I've been here twice in the past year. The food and atmosphere are good. Also, they had gluten-free menu options for my wife. But I always feel like I'm being rushed - have you ever been to a place that brings your entree out while you are just having your salad that arrived a few minutes ago - that's this place. I might expect that at an inexpensive chain, but it's not acceptable here. I had better service at the Olive Garden. By all means give it a try, but don't put your whole order in at once!!

Visited October 2013
San Diego, California
“first rate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Both the food and the service are excellent. The atmosphere is bright and cheerful, and the wine list extensive.

Visited August 2013

Been to Va Bene Caffe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Va Bene Caffe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.