“A delight” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Duluth, Minnesota
“A delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We just dined at Va Bene this evening and were very pleased. The view of Lake Superior is gorgeous and the atmosphere very pleasant. The staff was friendly. We had been there a short time and our waitress brought us some very tasty, chewy bread and olive oil with balsamic vinegar, without our asking. We ordered wine and received a good amount, not just a taste.I had the Pesto Verdura and it was very good.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Stillwater, Minnesota
“Good food but rushed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I've been here twice in the past year. The food and atmosphere are good. Also, they had gluten-free menu options for my wife. But I always feel like I'm being rushed - have you ever been to a place that brings your entree out while you are just having your salad that arrived a few minutes ago - that's this place. I might expect that at an inexpensive chain, but it's not acceptable here. I had better service at the Olive Garden. By all means give it a try, but don't put your whole order in at once!!

Visited October 2013
San Diego, California
“first rate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Both the food and the service are excellent. The atmosphere is bright and cheerful, and the wine list extensive.

Visited August 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Incredible salads”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We went for a walk on the Lake Walk and were tempted by the signs for soup and bread, so we went back for lunch. We ended up with salads, and they were incredible. The Pesto Verdura was amazing! Warm pesto mixed with kalamata olives, tomatoes, asparagus, and artichoke over fresh spinach. My husband was equally impressed with his Nicoise salad. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Duluth, MN
“European bistro in Duluth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My wife and I have lived in Duluth for almost 20 years, and have seen several restaurants come and go in that time. The Berarducci's Va Bene is our favorite place. The restaurant literally hangs out over the lakewalk, and the views in the evening are spectacular - especially when there is a full moon rising over Lake Superior. There is a small bar in the main room with a mostly young crowd. The decor has a modern European feel. There is a Gelato case with a huge assortment of flavors, and European foodstuffs like pasta and candy are for sale.
The food is always great. Most dishes are pasta based and include very fresh seafood as well as more traditional fare (meatballs, Italian sausage etc.). The salads are excellent (Nicoise with salmon, beef tenderloin tips on romaine are my favorites). Mary Kay Berarducci makes the best cakes in the world. Don't miss the Italian cream cake.
I just wish the place wasn't quite so popular, and that they had some parking available, but that's the price of success.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Va Bene Caffe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Va Bene Caffe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.