“Isle Royale Suite” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Firelight Inn on Oregon Creek Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Duluth
The Firelight Inn on Oregon Creek Bed and Breakfast
You added The Firelight Inn on Oregon Creek Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
2211 East 3rd Street, Duluth, MN 55812   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Duluth B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Hope, Minnesota
“Isle Royale Suite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My husband and I stayed in the Isle Royale Suite. We were celebrating our 3rd anniversary. There is a gas fireplace in every room and a wood fireplace in the main entry. It is a very cozy warm place to come back to in the cooler months. There are also homemade sugar cookies and twizzlers set out for snacking. :)

The breakfasts were amazing. The unique thing about Firelight is they deliver your breakfast in a basket to your door at 9am and there is a table in your room to have a romantic private breakfast. The first morning we had potato ham strata, Cherry apple crisp, butterscotch scones, lemon poppyseed breakfast cake, orange juice and coffee for my husband and hot tea for me. Then you return the basket to outside your door when you are finished.

They were great with special food accommodations as well.

The bed was very comfortable and the jacuzzi was amazing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

My boyfriend and I were looking for a place to stay the night for a last minute getaway. We called Friday morning and Joy was kind enough to let us book just a single night in the Inn. Lucky us - the only room left was the Barnum Suite, the master bedroom! The only thing we did wrong was not book the whole weekend then and there!

Atmosphere, in-room amenities, history, hospitality, and location were perfect. I felt like a princess having a whole picnic basket of food delivered promptly at 9am and eating it in my robe in front of the fire.

I would highly recommend the Firelight to any one, especially couples - how romantic!

Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed in the Barnum Suite, which was soothing and opulent--giant cozy bed, two-person Jacuzzi in a bathroom with delightful old-fashioned tiles, and a fireplace, just like we'd been craving! The breakfast was delicious and ample, and Joy was wonderful about accommodating dietary restrictions, even making me a special main dish because I couldn't eat the one she had planned for that morning. The hosts were helpful but unobtrusive--there when we needed them, but happy to let us enjoy our delightful retreat for two. Definitely recommended for a peaceful, romantic mini-break!

St. Augusta, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed thus fall for a baby-moon. We had never stayed at a B&B and this was the most amazing experience. We are planning our next visit for this summer. I would choose this experience hands down over a hotel any day.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband and I have never been to a bed and breakfast before so we thought we would give one a try. Upon stumbling on Firelight Inn in Duluth, we were hopeful it would be a great stay. We were definitely not disappointed. We stayed in the Isle Royale room and it was beautiful. We were greeted at the door by Jim and were welcomed in warmly. Joy gave us a tour of the house with interesting historical facts. Throughout the weekend, Joy and Jim were so gracious and were helpful with any questions we had regarding where to eat and what to do. In addition, the breakfast was divine and we enjoyed being able to eat in our bedroom. Needless to say, my husband and I will be back to stay here and will recommend this bed and breakfast to all of our friends. Joy and Jim, you have done a wonderful job with this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Elk River, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Firelight Inn three times now and have loved every minute of each stay! We stayed in the Brookside Suite, the Barnum suite, and most recently in Isle Royale. Each room is spacious and comfortable. Joy and Jim are welcoming from the moment they meet you at the door on arrival to departure. We feel like old friends even after just a few visits. The details are remarkable. We asked for extra towels and they arrived wrapped with a beautiful ribbon. There are too many extras to list. You need to stay here to experience it for yourself. Breakfast is brought to your room in the morning. It is a full breakfast and truly amazing! It is always the freshest fruit and most delicious homemade baked goods along with a main dish. My husband and I have not been able to finish one yet. We ususally snack on the extra muffins or sweet bread later in the day. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Joy and Jim have put their heart into their bed and breakfast and it does not go unnoticed!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I try to "get away" 1 x a year. Our school aged children stay with their grandparents to we try to select a location that is convenient for the grandparents--Duluth is one such location. We searched for a B&B that would serve "breakfast in your room" and we stumbled upon this one (as we prefer private dining). An enormous basket was brought to our room with a quaint knock at the door promptly at 9 AM. It was lovely, filling and delicious. Portions were generous. Taste was fabulous. The room was clean, comfortable and plenty of blankets and pillows to be comfy and warm. We appreciated the initial tour when we arrived and look forward to staying there again in the future. Having many options to choose from and having been to others, this one tops all that we have been at so far. Nice job Jim and Joy!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Brookside Suite. Decorated in deep purple. Plush carpet. Double bath-no shower cur...