“Breakfast served in-room, private, clean.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Firelight Inn on Oregon Creek Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Duluth
The Firelight Inn on Oregon Creek Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added The Firelight Inn on Oregon Creek Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
2211 East 3rd Street, Duluth, MN 55812   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Duluth B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ladysmith, Wisconsin
“Breakfast served in-room, private, clean.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I try to "get away" 1 x a year. Our school aged children stay with their grandparents to we try to select a location that is convenient for the grandparents--Duluth is one such location. We searched for a B&B that would serve "breakfast in your room" and we stumbled upon this one (as we prefer private dining). An enormous basket was brought to our room with a quaint knock at the door promptly at 9 AM. It was lovely, filling and delicious. Portions were generous. Taste was fabulous. The room was clean, comfortable and plenty of blankets and pillows to be comfy and warm. We appreciated the initial tour when we arrived and look forward to staying there again in the future. Having many options to choose from and having been to others, this one tops all that we have been at so far. Nice job Jim and Joy!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Brookside Suite. Decorated in deep purple. Plush carpet. Double bath-no shower cur...
Green Features: Each morning a news printout was provided regarding the local weather, attractions and menu of the breakfast meal. Included on this letter was a mini-survey asking if we would like room service (for clean linens), replacement towels, or no room service (re-use the towels we already had).
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

The Firelight Inn has it all! Great food, congenial hosts and a romantic vibe! We spent our 40th anniversary under the care of Joy and Jim. Everything is taken care of for you here so you can spend your time concentrating on each other. From breakfast in your room to the availability of that midnight raid on the butlers pantry, (complete with Joys famous sugar cookies!). The only thing that upsets us is that we waited 40 years to experience it! Go now so you can go again soon!

• Stayed October 2013
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Whether you are a veteran of many B&B stays or new to the B&B experience, the Firelight Inn will soothe and relax your mind and soul, nourish your body with fabulous breakfast delights, and leave you craving a return trip as soon as possible. The Duluth area boasts many gems of scenery and exploration as well as entertainment and restaurants, but staying at the Firelight Inn will be the highlight of your visit. We have spent a few nights with Jim and Joy and enjoyed two different suites on our anniversary visits and cannot wait to return. Beautiful and completely functional rooms with every detail attended to from the plush carpets to the handmade soap petals and oh-so-yummy cookies making you feel pampered like royalty. Cannot wait to return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

For our first trip away since our daughter was born, we wanted a relaxing, romantic vacation. The Firelight Inn proved to be the perfect choice. The Superior Suite is stunning and cozy. Joy and Jim were so welcoming. Best of all, the breakfasts delivered to the room were out of this world! Perfect escape from the hectic daily grind. I can say without a doubt, this is the best B&B we've ever stayed at.

• Stayed September 2013
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here for a night on our honeymoon and it was perfect! We stayed in the Isle Royale Suite, which was so peaceful and relaxing! Jim and Joy are wonderful hosts, who meet you at the door when you arrive, give you a tour of the house, and make sure you have everything you need to make your stay memorable. The breakfast was wonderful, too. We'll definitely be coming back the next time we come to Duluth, and so should you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I came to Duluth almost by accident when I had a few extra days to myself between meetings in Fargo and Minneapolis. Duluth was 2 days I wanted to myself to switch off my phone and relax. I'm not a huge fan of big hotels, and booked myself into the Firelight Inn B&B instead, not really knowing what to expect as I'd never stayed in a B&B before. It was lovely. Everything was lovely.

I booked a fantastic massage for my first night, I had a beautiful room (The Isle Royale) with a jacuzzi, a delicious home cooked breakfast delivered in a charming basket both mornings, and at night I relaxed on the patio area with a book. I couldn't have picked a more perfect spot to recharge between work. I didn't know much about the history of the house before I got there, but it was a mansion built at the turn of the century. It had a great deal of character, I would live here if I could.

To top it all off, Jim and Joy are an absolute pleasure. A++ Innkeepers.

Stay here, you'll have a wonderful time.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Isle Royale, it was beautiful. Jacuzzi, clean, red and white decor, all rooms I woul...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We have never been happier with a stay! We have been to multiple hotels in the same price range as this bed n' breakfast and the Firelight Inn is HANDS DOWN the best place to stay! The owners, Jim and Joy are an amazing couple. The way you get greeted at the door and felt like you are part of their family the second you show up is an amazing feeling! We have the utmost respect for them, their home (in which they put alot of work into to make it the best place EVER)! It's got a very relaxing atmosphere the moment you park your vehicle! The breakfast delivered to your door is (WONDERFUL), i wont reveal what it was so i dont ruin surprises! We will definitely be back and get others to experience what we have. Jim n' Joy; YOU ARE AMAZING!! Melissa n' Brian Freeberg

• Stayed August 2013

Been to The Firelight Inn on Oregon Creek Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!