“The perfect romantic getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Firelight Inn on Oregon Creek Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Duluth
The Firelight Inn on Oregon Creek Bed and Breakfast
You added The Firelight Inn on Oregon Creek Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
2211 East 3rd Street, Duluth, MN 55812   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Duluth B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
“The perfect romantic getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

For our first trip away since our daughter was born, we wanted a relaxing, romantic vacation. The Firelight Inn proved to be the perfect choice. The Superior Suite is stunning and cozy. Joy and Jim were so welcoming. Best of all, the breakfasts delivered to the room were out of this world! Perfect escape from the hectic daily grind. I can say without a doubt, this is the best B&B we've ever stayed at.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here for a night on our honeymoon and it was perfect! We stayed in the Isle Royale Suite, which was so peaceful and relaxing! Jim and Joy are wonderful hosts, who meet you at the door when you arrive, give you a tour of the house, and make sure you have everything you need to make your stay memorable. The breakfast was wonderful, too. We'll definitely be coming back the next time we come to Duluth, and so should you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I came to Duluth almost by accident when I had a few extra days to myself between meetings in Fargo and Minneapolis. Duluth was 2 days I wanted to myself to switch off my phone and relax. I'm not a huge fan of big hotels, and booked myself into the Firelight Inn B&B instead, not really knowing what to expect as I'd never stayed in a B&B before. It was lovely. Everything was lovely.

I booked a fantastic massage for my first night, I had a beautiful room (The Isle Royale) with a jacuzzi, a delicious home cooked breakfast delivered in a charming basket both mornings, and at night I relaxed on the patio area with a book. I couldn't have picked a more perfect spot to recharge between work. I didn't know much about the history of the house before I got there, but it was a mansion built at the turn of the century. It had a great deal of character, I would live here if I could.

To top it all off, Jim and Joy are an absolute pleasure. A++ Innkeepers.

Stay here, you'll have a wonderful time.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Isle Royale, it was beautiful. Jacuzzi, clean, red and white decor, all rooms I woul...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We have never been happier with a stay! We have been to multiple hotels in the same price range as this bed n' breakfast and the Firelight Inn is HANDS DOWN the best place to stay! The owners, Jim and Joy are an amazing couple. The way you get greeted at the door and felt like you are part of their family the second you show up is an amazing feeling! We have the utmost respect for them, their home (in which they put alot of work into to make it the best place EVER)! It's got a very relaxing atmosphere the moment you park your vehicle! The breakfast delivered to your door is (WONDERFUL), i wont reveal what it was so i dont ruin surprises! We will definitely be back and get others to experience what we have. Jim n' Joy; YOU ARE AMAZING!! Melissa n' Brian Freeberg

• Stayed August 2013
Grand Forks, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We were looking for a romantic place to spend our honeymoon in Duluth. What we experienced at the Firelight Inn B & B was above and beyond either my wife's or my own expectations! It all started with the innkeepers, Jim and Joy. They greeted us at the door upon our arrival, answered any questions we had about the city and the Tall Ships Festival, and even recommended good parking spots to catch the best glimpses of the ships entering the harbor. We stayed in the Isle Royale Suite, which was luxurious and romantic. However, Joy showed us around the house, and every bedroom in the house is artfully decorated and beautifully appointed. My wife and I loved coming back to the Firelight Inn after a long day of exploration and adventure to find complimentary treats and beverages readily available, including the most scrumptious sugar cookies we have ever had. We loved the breakfasts so much that we ended up buying a cookbook! The Canadian Bacon & Brie Quiche was especially delicious! The in-room jacuzzi was wonderful, and the peace and privacy we enjoyed was second to none. After our 3 nights here, we are confidently recommending the Firelight Inn to all of our friends and family, and are definitely looking forward to coming back sometime soon!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The Firelight Inn is a wonderful place for a romantic escape. The rooms are huge and our suite included a jacuzzi tub, a porch overlooking the creek, and a big comfy bed. The breakfast was decadent, and we also had the champagne package with delicious cheese, fruit and crackers. It's nice to be at a B&B where you aren't obligated to socialize with the other guests - not that it isn't nice to meet other folk, but this one is set up so that the guests have complete privacy (breakfast in the bedroom!). It's worth a trip to Duluth just to stay there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kaiserslautern, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The couple who greeted us were so sweet and hospitable. We stayed in the superior suite which has the finest decor, a luxurious hot tub, and a wonderful feather covered bed. The breakfast was by far the best I have ever tasted. We were served a cinnamon apple muffin, fresh orange juice, coffee, fresh fruit and a delicious lemon spice cake. If that isnt perfect. The hostess was kind enough to provide us with a booklet on local recommendations for activities and restaurants. Great service and great relaxation.

• Stayed December 2012
J&JFischer, Owner at The Firelight Inn on Oregon Creek Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
It was such a pleasure having these guests from Germany with us. We want to add that we also serve a delicious savory breakfast entrée with or without meat along with all that was mentioned! We prepare a different breakfast each morning of your stay. We hope to greet you on your next trip to Duluth!

Been to The Firelight Inn on Oregon Creek Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!