“Making great memories with our Grandkids” 5 of 5 stars

Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2400 London Road, Duluth, MN 55812   |
Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Jackson, Minnesota
“Making great memories with our Grandkids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

When I was first looking on the internet, I wanted something close to Canal Park, something that would keep the Grandkids busy and something that I would get the biggest bang for my buck. I read a lot of the reviews both Pro and Con and made the decision to go with Edgewater Hotel and Waterpark.
It was easy to get to the Hotel. Once there, we were greeted by a person at a outside desk that help direct us and answer our questions. This concept of having a person outside to direct and help get tickets to different events ahead of time and with a discount is great. Check in was painless.
We purchased the breakfast meal ahead of time when we made reservations, they were very reasonable, considering that you would have to load everyone in the car, find a restaurant and then come back again. I liked the breakfast at the hotel because it had hot food, great selection and it catered to the grandkids with chocolate chip pancakes and different kinds of toppings.
The complete staff was very friendly and accommodating. They had smiles on their faces, great attitudes and helpful.
The waterpark was fantastic, grandkids and I had a great time together. What I really appreciated was the lifeguards. They seemed to rotate them on a regular basis and even had one on foot walking around to the different areas to make sure everything was going OK. I truly liked the safety aspect that was given. Thanks.
The rooms were quiet, liked the chairs/tables outside our room to be able to set in the evening and early in the morning to have coffee. Because of the different levels it took a little time getting use to directions, but after the first day was OK,
Grandkids like the arcade game room, the miniature golf, and the camp fire to roast marsh mellows.
The only regret was that I did not bring our whole family, three kids and 5 grandkids, instead of our two grandkids that were 10 and 12 yrs old.

Room Tip: We were in room 1012 facing Lake Supeior. I wished we would have gone up 3 levels to the top and be...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Fred B,

Thank you very much for choosing to bring your family to our hotel and waterpark, and for taking the time to write and post your detailed review. It’s guests like you that make our jobs of maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness, service and facilities very rewarding. We are very proud of our people and appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. We know how important it is to have worry & hassle free quality time together, and I'm glad you and your grandchildren were able to create fond memories to be cherished forever. We look forward to welcoming you and the rest of your family back and thanking you in person the next time you are here.

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We have stayed here several times. This is a great hotel for families, but if it were just my wife and I we would probably find something a tad quieter. That said, we have a great time every time we go. The waterpark is great and the staff has always been very friendly. The rooms are pretty good. We have stayed in many of the room options and our favorite continues to be the lake view; this is because of the lake, not the room. The family tiki hut room is fun, but we felt not really worth the extra expense.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear StayingFrosty2014,

Thanks for your continued loyalty and for taking the time to post your candid comments. I'm glad you and your family have had many enjoyable times here. It is always gratifying to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you here again.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

The water park was great, but the room was awful! The rooms haven't been updated in years and were disgusting. Cleaned on the surface, but there was a layer of grim behind the shades as well as floora that I didn't want to be in barefeet. For the money, I expected a lot more. I would recommend a daily swim pass and NOT spending the money to stay overnight. You can get a beautiful room in Canal Park for the same price and you'll have breakfast (here was a rip off) included as well as a CLEAN room. I would not stay here again.

Dear Kimberly G,

I am truly sorry to learn of your disappointment with us during your recent stay and apologize for any discomfort you experienced here. Our goal is to provide all guests with excellent service and accommodations and we take it very seriously when find that we have fallen short. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our operation and hope you will consider giving us another chance to earn your trust in the future.

Twin Cities, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I'm pretty sure that all of glowing reviews of this hotel (written by "1 Review" members) are fake. I tried to book other hotels in Duluth, hoping to get one in the Canal Park area, but they were fully booked by the time we decided to take this trip. So I figured that this hotel couldn't be too bad, right? We were traveling with two kids. We had a bunk bed in the room. They liked the water park. There were two TVs in the room and they were flat screen. Those were the positives. The negatives? Their pillows feel like someone stuffed individual cotton balls into a pillow case. Their blankets look like they are 20 years old and their sheets are about that old as well. Wait. So is the carpet and all the other decor. The walls are paper thin, so you'll hear every conversation, sneeze and cough from out in the hallway. We were given a room that faced the water park and we heard everything going on in there until the water park closed at 10pm. And again when it reopened at 8am. Our room was never cleaned, even though we left it from 8am and only returned at 4pm. When I brought out our dirty towels into the hallway and looked for clean towels, I asked a housekeeping staff member why our room still hadn't been cleaned and she replied that they didn't get to it. Seriously?? Hire more housekeeping staff and CLEAN THE ROOMS. I thought that was Hotel Management 101. Seriously one of the poorest experiences I've ever had at a hotel. At check-out, the front desk staff member didn't ask me how my stay was. Because I was ready to let her know. Not surprised, since I'm sure she only hears negative comments!

Room Tip: Room 1421 is horrible. Faces water park, is very loud and walls are paper thin.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Karen H,

I am truly sorry for the disappointment and discomfort you experienced and offer my sincere apologies that we didn't do a better job of demonstrating our commitment to guest satisfaction. Timely feedback from you and other valued guests is very important to us, and it is used in discussions and training to improve our operation. We do want to learn more details about your visit and hope you will contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com at your convenience so we can discuss this further and make amends. I hope we can regain your confidence.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I stayed here for two nights with my family over the weekend. We had tickets for day out with Thomas which my son really enjoyed. My hotel stay cost $400 just for a standerd room for two nights that didn't include breakfast ... I really think the price was unreasonable, we spent maybe a hour in the waterpark other than that we were barely there. We had a great time in duluth but everything is too expensive just for 3 people. Plus when I checked in I was charged another $44 in tax on my bill...

Dear Cassandra A,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your review.We believe that our pricing is in line with similar properties in this area and we feel that we offer good value given our location and extensive facilities. However, in your case it appears we failed to meet your expectations, and for that I am truly sorry. i hope you will have a chance to spend more time in our wonderful waterpark and that you will let us know what you think the next time you are here.

Guest Relaitons
Columbia, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

When we got to the hotel we did not get the room booked. They called it an upgrade, but the extra room was not needed. There was also a whistling sound throughout the night from something. I would have much rather had a better view.(We were on the first floor) The staff was very good..just a little understaffed in places, bar and grill. The room was expensive but my child enjoyed the water park. Parking was also an issue, always full. I really enjoyed the stay, and you better like children to stay here.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear buschnco,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your nice review. i'm sorry you were unhappy with your room and offer my apologies for the discomfort you experienced. Our goal is to provide all guests with excellent service and accommodations and we take it very seriously when find that we have fallen short. I'm glad you and your family were happy with our waterpark and other aspects of your stay and appreciate you including those comments in your review. I hope you will be our guest again.

Saint Paul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

All I can say is WOW! Great Hotel and the Waterpark is wonderful. The staff, incredible!!! Super for Families, seniors, everyone. We stayed during the Bayfront Blues Festival. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!

Room Tip: If possible ask for Lakeside room. View of Lake Superior and the lights of the city at night.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear James M,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. You, and guests like you, make our jobs of providing the best in service, accommodations, amenities and facilities very rewarding. We really appreciate your compliments and look forward to serving you and your family here many more times.

Guest Relations

Been to Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark? Share your experiences!