“Great time... But too expensive” 3 of 5 stars

You added Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark to your Saves list
Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2400 London Road, Duluth, MN 55812   |
Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in Duluth
“Great time... But too expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

I stayed here for two nights with my family over the weekend. We had tickets for day out with Thomas which my son really enjoyed. My hotel stay cost $400 just for a standerd room for two nights that didn't include breakfast ... I really think the price was unreasonable, we spent maybe a hour in the waterpark other than that we were barely there. We had a great time in duluth but everything is too expensive just for 3 people. Plus when I checked in I was charged another $44 in tax on my bill...

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Cassandra A,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your review.We believe that our pricing is in line with similar properties in this area and we feel that we offer good value given our location and extensive facilities. However, in your case it appears we failed to meet your expectations, and for that I am truly sorry. i hope you will have a chance to spend more time in our wonderful waterpark and that you will let us know what you think the next time you are here.

Guest Relaitons

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
Columbia, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

When we got to the hotel we did not get the room booked. They called it an upgrade, but the extra room was not needed. There was also a whistling sound throughout the night from something. I would have much rather had a better view.(We were on the first floor) The staff was very good..just a little understaffed in places, bar and grill. The room was expensive but my child enjoyed the water park. Parking was also an issue, always full. I really enjoyed the stay, and you better like children to stay here.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear buschnco,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your nice review. i'm sorry you were unhappy with your room and offer my apologies for the discomfort you experienced. Our goal is to provide all guests with excellent service and accommodations and we take it very seriously when find that we have fallen short. I'm glad you and your family were happy with our waterpark and other aspects of your stay and appreciate you including those comments in your review. I hope you will be our guest again.

Saint Paul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

All I can say is WOW! Great Hotel and the Waterpark is wonderful. The staff, incredible!!! Super for Families, seniors, everyone. We stayed during the Bayfront Blues Festival. LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!

Room Tip: If possible ask for Lakeside room. View of Lake Superior and the lights of the city at night.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear James M,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. You, and guests like you, make our jobs of providing the best in service, accommodations, amenities and facilities very rewarding. We really appreciate your compliments and look forward to serving you and your family here many more times.

minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Our family of 4 had a great experience last week. We had not been to the resort in a few years and received a free upgrade to a suite from a Lakeview Balcony. The room was spacious, clean and ready before 1500. Try to book well in advance and ask for the third or fourth floor. Although we enjoyed the hot breakfast still would prefer the complimentary continental breakfast of years past.

The availability of the waterpark at noon on the day of arrival is a major plus.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear john h,

Thank you very much for coming back to stay with us and for posting your great review. We value your business and your feedback, which we use to make improvements to our guest experience. We appreciate your complements and hope you will continue to let us know how we can best serve you during your future visits.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

My family includes a five year old and a three year old. My boys love to go to A Day Out With Thomas every August. The past two years we have stayed at The Edgewater. It's the perfect hotel for families with small kids. This year we had a room on the third floor with a patio and a great view of the lake. We were able to watch the ships. I feel like the furniture is a bit dated, but that's not why I stay here. The room was clean.
I found the hotel to be clean. It's a fairly expensive hotel, but you are paying for the amenities. Where else can you stay with this waterpark, outdoor pools, outdoor park, a bounce house, mini golf and an arcade? The exercise room is fantastic. What a view! On Fridays and Saturdays they play a movie outside by the pool this is pretty cool!
The cons? The in room coffee was horrible. Each time I went by the new coffee shop in the lobby (3 times) there had a sign up that they had stepped away. I went to Dunns Brothers across the street. (No big deal) Sunday night was a bit loud out in the hallways, but it didn't bother us. You have to remember this is not the hotel for you for business travel. It's all kids. I had promised my kids ice cream all day. At 8pm we went to the tiki cafe and my kids point to the ice cream they wanted (the posters were up showing all the favors) and we were told they only had one out of about 8 flavors left. Please put up notice if you run out. (Again I'm not saying this ruined our trip)
The waterpark is fantastic! Lots of space, warm water, warm towels and attentive lifeguards. They have life vests for use.
We will be back again next August. My five year calls it "our vacation home." They love it, and my husband and I have a good time with our boys. Thanks

Dear Joydancer23,

Thank you for your many visits and for taking the time to write and post your nice review. We take a great deal of pride in our people and operations and endeavor to deliver a terrific experience to every guest. I'm glad you know you can count on us for a clean and comfortable stay and appreciate your compliments. I'm sorry we let you down about the coffee and ice cream and offer my apologies for the disappointment and inconvenience you experienced. I will share your comments with our team so they can make any necessary changes to their procedures. We value your business and your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back and serving you and your family here again.

Fort Frances, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

I booked the hotel for myself, husband and 2 year old. Silly me, I called on a long weekend, but the girl was still friendly and patient. I was instantly impressed. I asked to rent a crib, just for ease of travelling. I got a reminder e-mail promoting the breakfast, so I called and had it added to the room. Again, very friendly. I was super excited! This is about 3 hours from our home, and check in is at 3. I called at 10 en route, and explained that my toddler needed a nap and if there was any way we could check in around 1 (since check out is noon, I didn't see this as unreasonable, and was willing to pay a little extra if needed). The manager jumped on the phone and said it wasn't impossible, but call when we get closer, and he'd put our room on a rush. We came in at 1:30 to check in, and instantly, I felt like just another number. I re-told my conversation, and I got a snooty"we can't guarantee a room until 3" end of discussion.
So at 3:03, we walked in to check in (I was a little miffed, but I'll get over it) and the girl had to radio a cleaning lady to make sure our room was done (thank goodness that manager put a rush on it...) when we got to the room, the crib wasn't there. I called down and I did politely ask(honest, I didn't have a hint of annoyance. I didn't want my trip ruined over a nap), and I got a snotty "it's already on the way" we made our way down to the park, and by 5 it still hadn't shown up. Yup, I was upset at this point.
That aside, you are just another body here, the breakfast is a continental breakfast you have to pay for and where our room was, would have been quicker to get to the Perkins next door, and for a little more, would have been more satisfied. My little one had fun, and slept great. The room amenities were great. Oh, and the breakfast I pre-ordered never was added when I called, but they didn't double charge, so that's a plus.
My four stars are based on what we made it and the room/water park amenities. If it was solely based on staff interactions, I would never stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear liskeardlady,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and post the details of your recent experience with us. A good stay begins with an efficient reservation procedure providing the accommodations you expect. I am sorry that we did not deliver as we promised and apologize for the inconvenience and frustration we caused. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were. We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else, and take it very seriously when we learn of any guest disappointment. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me at kenjacobs@zmchotels.com so we can show you our dedication to guest satisfaction.

Strasbourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed for 1 night and loved the experience .As grandparents we had 2 grand daughters to entertain and the Waterpark was the perfect place. It was lots of fun and the breakfast was wonderful.Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: On the 2nd floor the balcony over the waterpark was useless because of a large pipe that ran across...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Lorna M,

Thank you for staying with us and posting your comments. It is always gratifying to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you here again.