My family includes a five year old and a three year old. My boys love to go to A Day Out With Thomas every August. The past two years we have stayed at The Edgewater. It's the perfect hotel for families with small kids. This year we had a room on the third floor with a patio and a great view of the lake. We were able to watch the ships. I feel like the furniture is a bit dated, but that's not why I stay here. The room was clean.
I found the hotel to be clean. It's a fairly expensive hotel, but you are paying for the amenities. Where else can you stay with this waterpark, outdoor pools, outdoor park, a bounce house, mini golf and an arcade? The exercise room is fantastic. What a view! On Fridays and Saturdays they play a movie outside by the pool this is pretty cool!
The cons? The in room coffee was horrible. Each time I went by the new coffee shop in the lobby (3 times) there had a sign up that they had stepped away. I went to Dunns Brothers across the street. (No big deal) Sunday night was a bit loud out in the hallways, but it didn't bother us. You have to remember this is not the hotel for you for business travel. It's all kids. I had promised my kids ice cream all day. At 8pm we went to the tiki cafe and my kids point to the ice cream they wanted (the posters were up showing all the favors) and we were told they only had one out of about 8 flavors left. Please put up notice if you run out. (Again I'm not saying this ruined our trip)
The waterpark is fantastic! Lots of space, warm water, warm towels and attentive lifeguards. They have life vests for use.
We will be back again next August. My five year calls it "our vacation home." They love it, and my husband and I have a good time with our boys. Thanks
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the shores of Lake Superior in Duluth, MN, the Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark is your complete Duluth hotels vacation resort destination. Enjoy our indoor waterpark, arcade, outside play area, pool and hot tub, and easy access to Duluth's Lakewalk and restaurants. Relax in a comfortable and clean room with all the amenities and views of Lake Superior. Whatever you're looking for, you'll find it here at the funnest hotel in Duluth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and TravelClick so you can book your Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Resort & Waterpark Hotel Duluth
- Edgewater Resort And Waterpark
- Edgewater Hotel Waterpark
- Duluth Edgewater
- Edgewater Hotel Duluth
- Best Western Edgewater Duluth Mn