We stayed here with our 5 year old last weekend. Let me say that the waterpark staff were very helpful and friendly and that the waterpark itself is very age appropriate for younger children. The maintenance worker who helped us with an issue in our room was very efficient and helpful as was the employee working the prize counter in the arcade. Unfortunately, these are the only positive comments that I can make about our stay here.
The front lobby area, along with the hallways themselves were absolutely freezing. I understand that it is winter time in MN, but I have yet to see any other front desk employees at other hotels wear winter jackets and stocking caps while checking people in. When we arrived, the small parking lot was already full along with the spaces on London Rd. I asked the clerk behind the desk if there were any other parking areas nearby at which time he stated "That can be a problem here." He said that we should be able to park on London Rd. When I informed him that I did not see any spaces out there either, I was basically ignored as he quickly changed the subject.
After finally locating a parking space on the other end of the complex, lugging our suitcases through the buildings and up the stairs (as the unloading area in front of the main building was jam packed with cars as well), and making our way to our room, I was extremely disappointed by the unclean conditions as there was popcorn all over the floor, a full garbage can, and a table that looked like it hadn't been wiped down in ages. One of the chairs had a big brown stain on it (I can only imagine what it may have been). That night I also found some type of black mold looking stuff all over one of the pillow cases on our bed. Nasty. Oh yeah, our alarm clock didn't work either, which wasn't a huge deal as we had alarm clocks on our cell phones. I was also surprised by the fact that I couldn't find any type of directory in the room listing hotel amenities , pool info/hours, Wi-Fi information, area attractions and restaurants, etc.
After waking up, we decided to try the breakfast buffet mainly because we had booked our room well in advance and had free passes. We had to wait for approximately five minutes, which was no big deal, before a table became available. The quality of the food was mediocre at best. The "host" appeared very flustered and disorganized. He called our names off of the list, but that was the only thing we heard from him as he was running around all over the place. We weren't sure whether to seat ourselves or wait to be seated. Finally he came up to us and directed us to a nearby table. Some of the catering employees working the buffet and clearing tables were less than pleasant as well. We obviously decided to go out for the breakfast the second morning.
We weren't expecting a five diamond hotel or a waterpark similar to that of Wisconsin Dells, but for the amount of money spent to stay here, I was expecting a little bit more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the shores of Lake Superior in Duluth, MN, the Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark is your complete Duluth hotels vacation resort destination. Enjoy our indoor waterpark, arcade, outside play area, pool and hot tub, and easy access to Duluth's Lakewalk and restaurants. Relax in a comfortable and clean room with all the amenities and views of Lake Superior. Whatever you're looking for, you'll find it here at the funnest hotel in Duluth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Resort And Waterpark
- Edgewater Resort & Waterpark Hotel Duluth
- Edgewater Hotel Waterpark
- Duluth Edgewater
- Edgewater Hotel Duluth
- Best Western Edgewater Duluth Mn