“Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Duluth
Litchfield, Minnesota
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Our family visited this hotel Aug 10-11. It was a nice clean neat hotel. It has a nice breakfast in the morning. Some fresh fruit and some canned. Mostly carbohydrate food such as cereal, toast, muffins, donuts, bagels. There was some juice, milk, and coffee as well. The room was neat and clean. We paid a little extra to stay in the hotel part connected to the water park. We had an awesome view of Lake Superior and the lift bridge. The water park was nice. We thought the water temp was just fine. It was a little humid in there, but that quickly dissipated once you got in the water. The water park was pretty much what we expected. With two toddlers we didn't want anything to extravagant. We didn't go outside and try the pool, but it looked nice and a lot of people were in there so I'm assuming it is just as good as inside. We were able to play mini golf with our boys for free. It was very nice and we could play as long as we wanted. Overall we had a good experience. The hotel wasn't amazing, but I thought we what we expected and very good overall. We would go back again.

Room Tip: Recommend getting in the main building as there is a less walk to get to the water park.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel/resort for business.The room was clean. There was a faint smell of chlorine but it didn't really bother me-it is a waterpark after all. It All the staff I came across with were friendly and helpful. I was a little concern about potential noise seeing all the little kiddies running around but I didn't hear them. They offer free breakfast but they were mostly sweets.I liked that the internet connection was fast. I only regret I didn't get a chance to explore all they had to offer.

Room Tip: Rooms with lake view are great but there is tendency to hear traffic.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

At first I was cautious about our stay here based on some reviews i had read, especially about the cleanliness of the room and since we were staying over a holiday weekend I knew it would be hard to find Anout hotel that could accomodate us and our 3 kids.

When we walked into the room and I was happy to see how clean it was, looks like some upgrades had taken place. I have stayed at other waterpark hotels before and was pleased with how big it was, enough for everyone to do.

Had a lake view and that was very nice too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel has the best water park! My family and I had a super time on our vacation! The staff is also wonderful. They are helpful and very friendly. A bigger family checked in next door and I thought we would have heard them all night but we didn't hear a peep. We all slept great. I will let all my family know of the amazing experience I had staying here.

Room Tip: Higher floors have an amazing view of Lake Superior although you can get a great view on lower floor...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough about how awesome the Edgewater's staff is! I was there for 4 days on business and all of the staff were very helpful and friendly! My family joined me on my last day and we had a BLAST at the water park! The location is great as well! Easy to get to the mall for school shopping and easy to get to Canal Park to get a nice dinner! Good job Edgewater!

• Stayed August 2013
Otsego, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I travel alot for work and spend much time in various hotels around the country. This hotel needs to get new bedding, period. The comforter was old and scratchy -- most hotels avoid this now a days by covering the comforters with sheets. That would help here. I might also be cranky here because our room was never cleaned one day. When we called the front desk we were told house keeping was gone and they could bring us some towels. Boo for customer service on that one!

We had a decent stay. The waterpark was very crowded, but it was a holiday weekend. The lifeguards needed to deal with the unruly boys soccer team in the pool. I heard many warnings, but no follow through. The pool itself looked clean and well kept up.

There were a lot of kids running the halls late into the night -- this is not the fault of the hotel -- but rather the clientele of the hotel. Why were toddlers up at 11 pm anyway? Why did their parents let their kids kick the doors in the hallway.

We will not stay at this hotel again, but for a family (if you can get a good deal) this would be a nice weekend. We prefer to stay in a quieter locale farther up the North Shore.

Room Tip: Get a lakeview room. We had a waterpark room and they never shut the lights outs -- that could irri...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear MNelson,

Thank you for taking the time to post your candid comments about your recent stay with us. I am sorry you were disappointed with the bedding in your room and apologize for any discomfort you experienced. We are in the process of upgrading all the bedding, and I hope you will like the new look and feel should you choose to stay with us again. There are many terrific places along the North Shore that I'm sure you'll enjoy, too. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com so we can continue the conversation personally.

Ken Jacobs
Guest Relations Manager
Houghton, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had a good visit, checkin was smooth! Even though hotel was full and I was worried of noise (since I was traveling on business) I was not bothered by any noise. Was even able to eat breakfast peacefully in the morning and gather in the evening for drinks with some friends. Food in the grill was great and all the staff I encountered were extremely helpful and always greeted me. Will definitely stay again and maybe get to spend time in the waterpark next time

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Edgewater Hotel & Waterpark? Share your experiences!